BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I Remember down under last series they were crowing about how many England retirements/oustings it brought - Prior, Trott, KP, carberry, swann, tremlett. I suppose rankin as well.

How roles have reversed Clarke, Watson, Rogers, haddin, Harris will almost certainly go/already gone. Then likes of Voges, the marshes may never be seen again.

Credit to Chaddy I say, he said we'd not need KP to win the ashes and he was absolutely bang on the money.

Tremendous display by England, no idea where it came from, but I'm not complaining.

Credit to Chaddy I say, he said we'd not need KP to win the ashes and he was absolutely bang on the money.

Tremendous display by England, no idea where it came from, but I'm not complaining.

Sorry not having that. We won the tests because Australia were unbelievably poor. KP is still our best batsman and the side would be better for his inclusion. Chaddy just backed the establishment as he invariably does.

• Like 2

I love the game of cricket and its decline in the public consciousness since leaving free to air TV has been a real shame.

However, this series has captured a lot of peoples attention, not 2005 levels granted, but in my office, out and about etc. I've heard plenty of folk discussing the cricket again, great to hear. :tu:

• Like 3

I just felt that players like Root, Bell, Board and Anderson would be crucial for us to win the ashes back if they performed.

Also Cook deserves huge credit for his captaincy and Bayliss/Farbrace aswell

Sorry not having that. We won the tests because Australia were unbelievably poor. KP is still our best batsman and the side would be better for his inclusion. Chaddy just backed the establishment as he invariably does.

Australia were poor cos we made them very poor by playing good cricket against them. Plus they were unbelieve arrogant with their cricket. Got what they deserve.

Backed the Establishment? Really? I just wanted to move on from this KP debate now. KP has gone. Wont play for England. Great player but he gone.

We have new team now with Root, Stokes, Buttler and Wood all performing.

I would be bring in Rashid for Finn and play 2 spinners at the Oval cos we will need to play 2 spinners against Pakistan in the UAE.

Edited by chaddyrovers

The Ashes are won but expect an Aussie backlash in the 5th.

In the longer term Root cannot be expected to always save the day after at least one of our openers fail. Lyth, Bell, Stkes and Buttler all failed with the bat in this game and take away Roots score and anything could have happened.

Chad ... Not directing this anywhere but f me you back ANY eatablishment no matter what ... You Would back Adolf if it meant brown tongueing the power

yet again Abbey you as per usual go OTT with daft comments like that

Establishment? I backed Cook cos I think he is a good Captain and this series has proved this.

KP issue is dead now. KP will play around the world in the twenty20 comp and good luck to him with that

we have a good team going forward in Test and one day format.

Root is a class player and will only get better in years to come

Name one signing at the signing point you have not lorded praise on .

Tunnicliffe. didn't know much about him at all.

Modeste. Gestede(didn't know much about him either), and Delfouneso(said he might ok signing and could turn into a good signing if he develop his talent he had when he was Villa under Martin O'Neill. but after yesterday he wasn't good)

but this is the cricket thread so lets discuss the cricket.

Tunnicliffe. didn't know much about him at all.

Modeste. Gestede(didn't know much about him either), and Delfouneso(said he might ok signing and could turn into a good signing if he develop his talent he had when he was Villa under Martin O'Neill. but after yesterday he wasn't good)

but this is the cricket thread so lets discuss the cricket.

He was talking about the cricket.

Al, yet again its your opinion.

Also Al, are you happy that England won the ashes or are you still unhappy cos KP isnt playing for this England team that won the ashes without him

Of course I'm happy that the Aussies surrendered to us but the team could be so much better with KP in place of Lyth. Choosing teams because of personal dislikes is so wrong.

Of course I'm happy that the Aussies surrendered to us but the team could be so much better with KP in place of Lyth. Choosing teams because of personal dislikes is so wrong.

Probably have done the Aussies in less than 2 days with KP ^_^

Sadly Lyth has looked out of his depth in most of the Test innings he's played but with the current squad system he'll get another chance in the 5th Test. Thank God we have Root.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

KP opening the batting now? that's a new one. the Team has moved on from the KP issue and this one has been done and dusted now. he aint coming back. if KP wants to play for England then why isn't he playing for Surrey in the 50 over comp or even first class cricket now the CPL is over with?

Also notice that KP's mouthpiece Piers Morgan has STOP slagging Cook off now. funny that isn't it

Bell at 3 and Root at 4 is right.

I would give Lyth this next test and so what he does

Edited by chaddyrovers

KP came back, played County criket, scored loads, then told by Strauss he had no future with England but offered some non-job type position - unsuprisingly KP went.

He remains the best cricketer currently available to play for England - but does not wear the correct tie.

England should be wary of the Aussies in the 5th and ODIs. A lot of hurt pride there - let's be honest the Aussies lost the 3rd and 4th Tests as much as we won them and thrashed us in the 2nd. Has anyone ever seen Clarke or Warner so inept and Smith forgetting how to do the basics.

Will there ever again be a draw over a 5 day Test?

Scored loads? Not really. He scored a triple century. Then because Strauss said what he did. KP decided to end his time at Surrey and go and play in CPL. Instead of saying stuff the money and I will play County Cricket for season prove to Strauss that I am still good enough to play for England by scoring 1500 runs plus this season and put pressure on Strauss and the selectors to pick him by weight of runs but instead he choose option A. His choice btw

Look at Bairstow who has scored century after century and get his place back into the team by scoring runs week in week out NOT JUST in 1 game like KP.

KP opening the batting now? that's a new one. the Team has moved on from the KP issue and this one has been done and dusted now. he aint coming back. if KP wants to play for England then why isn't he playing for Surrey in the 50 over comp or even first class cricket now the CPL is over with?

Also notice that KP's mouthpiece Piers Morgan has STOP slagging Cook off now. funny that isn't it

Bell at 3 and Root at 4 is right.

I would give Lyth this next test and so what he does

Where did I say KP should open? The way Lyth is batting No 3 is virtually opening anyway so promote Bell. Although he's not too steady either.

Stop repeating the crap about playing for Surrey. We all know what happened then and he was crapped on again. It's like a broken record.

Bairstow's situation is completely different. Strauss and Cook do not hate him.

Edited by Al

For all I think KP is still one of the best batsmen in the world. He is the same bloke who text the opposition players how to get our opener out which was a disgrace. Then in his book he pretty much slated current and key members of the squad Anderson, broad and I think even cook. Which may destroy any team ethic.

For those reasons in my opinion he can never play for England ever again even if he is definitely still good enough. It's potentially cutting off your nose to spite your face but perhaps the moral decision right. A bit like in footy how John Terry is one of the best English centre halves out there but he can't ever play for England again either not because of ability but because of his actions.

I will say the ecb behaved terribly in dangling the return carrot in front of him maybe it was Strauss' revenge and I'll add the caveat that I did wobble on my KP non return stance massively after the lords debacle. But alls well that ends well suppose.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1