BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Training Pics from Portugal/training in Portugal

Here are some pictures from Rovers training sessions over in Portugal

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/portugal-pictures-100713-906736.aspx

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/portugal-pictures-0907-904686.aspx

here are some comments from Alan Judge twitter account about how hard the training sessions have been.

alan judge @10judgey 1h

1st time I ever thought I was going to faint in training. today has 2 be one of my hardest yet #PreSeason

alan judge @10judgey 8 Jul

1st day done in Portugal hard work running in that weather #shattered

Bowyer has said before they want to Portugal that the players would be training 3 times a day over there. is this the right way to go in pre-season???

Hopefully the players will be more fitter than last 2 previous football seasons under a manager who I WILL not name tho.(cant bear seeing his name).

How good is Chris Neville as the Head of Sport Science??? how good is 1st team fitness coach Chris Rush???

isn't Chris Neville involve with the England senior squad as fitness coach?

Would Dave Ferve be involve aswell in organising this fitness routine with Neville?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neville came in with Appleton when he was Appointed as manager.

Good that he gets a full pre season with the squad. Will be a refreshing change to see a fit and combative team this season, hopefully.

What's the purpose of those harness things?

The idea is to provide a resistance in order to build speed and power while maintaining technique... I think. The resistance part to the training seems pretty obvious as it's a harness? Not sure how it works for passing, they probably didn't read the manual!

edit: I'd guess it's to maintain balance and posture: placing more of an emphasis on technique and thus increasing the efficiency of the work out!

This will only be good for the players along with training and playing games. We need a fitter squad this season. Also portuguise left back Kiko (Vitoria Setubal) has been invited to train with Rovers in Portugal.

Maybe I'm just a mean so n so. But I'd have taken them to Finland or something. A sweltering Portugal just seems like a ready made excuse to reign it in a little. Get them in amongst some ice, sleet and refreshing drizzle and theyll run to keep warm. Treat em mean to keep em keen say I.

Maybe I'm just a mean so n so. But I'd have taken them to Finland or something. A sweltering Portugal just seems like a ready made excuse to reign it in a little. Get them in amongst some ice, sleet and refreshing drizzle and theyll run to keep warm. Treat em mean to keep em keen say I.

Running away from polar bears? Arsenal and ManC will play their last training match at Helsinki. Don't know how long they stay before the match.

The idea is to provide a resistance in order to build speed and power while maintaining technique... I think. The resistance part to the training seems pretty obvious as it's a harness? Not sure how it works for passing, they probably didn't read the manual!

edit: I'd guess it's to maintain balance and posture: placing more of an emphasis on technique and thus increasing the efficiency of the work out!

I suspect it is also to simulate having an opponent hanging on to your shirt :-)

Chris Neville is the best in the business, hopefully we will see a big improvement, I just hope the players aren't burnt out.

I may have misread this but didn't Maji not rate this guy because he had a 2:1 degree? Apologies if you didn't Maji!

Archived