BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saving a little cash..

Don't work for these guys so there is utterly nothing in it for me (if I wanted to make some cash from it I would ask you guys to message me with an email address as I would make £12.50 per person who signs up and uses it via recommend a friend.. which is only available through emails).

topcashback.co.uk are exceptional, used them for well over a year now and have received circa £250 odd quid, they offer cash for purchases and are a genuine company and not a con, you simply click through from the topcashback site and shop as per normal.

PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT PAY TO JOIN TOPCASHBACK ITS FREE TO JOIN.

BT was the last one I used it for which netted me £122- in my account 45 days after I ordered the package plus I got the normal deal from BT with a £50 Sainsburys voucher and half price broadband for 6 months.

The cashback offers they have cover a huge variety of products, but always look at the satisfaction rating for the company your linking to (there is a percentage of satisfied customers next to each company and an average time until you get the cash.. e.g. the BT one was 99.2% and pays within 45 days on average).

These guys are mentioned on Moneysavingexpert and in a few national papers.. trust me I can't recommend them enough.

• Backroom

I'm a little tentative. Is it 'cashback' like with a debit card (just more of your own cash off a card) or is it like actually getting money back without incurring some form of debt?

I think you have to be careful with these "deals." I'm not entirely sure what it is Veevs got from BT but we have a full BT broadband, free box and sports package for £10/month which is less in a year than Veevs got in cashback.

One thing is certain the deals will be profitable in the short or long term for the company making the offer.

• Backroom

I'm a little tentative. Is it 'cashback' like with a debit card (just more of your own cash off a card) or is it like actually getting money back without incurring some form of debt?

Quidco gives you a percentage back from selected retailers for example the disney store pays 4% its not loads but it helps, it takes a couple of months to get it normally

You basically create an account and then rather than going direct to the website you go via the link on quidco or top cahsback

I got £120 cashback when I joined sky and because you are going through the normal sky site you get the same offers anyone else would, likewise I got £60 cahsback from Aviva for my car insurance and Aviva had the best price I found anywhere.

Things like Virgin Holidays and Disneyworld have around 4% I only use it when I would be making the purchase anyway but have got a good amount back over the years I've used it

There is a yearly £5 fee but only when you've made at least that

these kind of deals have been around for ages. Rpoints was what I used to use a lot, made quite a lot of money just buying most things through them. Worth shopping around for stuff.

How they make money I dunno, but it's not stopped me from using them!

I don't use it but do use Quidco which is the same idea

Same here use them to, only mentioned topcashback as have found better cashback deals through them, and there is no fee.. in fact the more you use them the more cashback you get.

What's in it for the cashback companies? I presume they are paid finders fees by the companies they are offering deals on?

They get a fee per transaction, when they receive the fee (plus your percentage or deal) they give it to you.

For the companies themselves they see them as a key marketing channel (same as the old style moneysupermarket etc) which they have to compete in as these cashback companies get more and more popular (remember most of these companies pay salesmen who only have a certain win %.. so instead of paying a salesman they can pay an automated website).

The companies you use e.g. BT give the cash to top cashback, which then gets added to your account, you then have a fair few choices on how you get your cash, you can like I do simply withdraw it via Bacs or Paypal but there are options for say tesco clubcard points (which give 5% more on top so £100 turns into £105).

I think you have to be careful with these "deals." I'm not entirely sure what it is Veevs got from BT but we have a full BT broadband, free box and sports package for £10/month which is less in a year than Veevs got in cashback.

One thing is certain the deals will be profitable in the short or long term for the company making the offer.

Correct but the deals are not different to what a normal customer gets except for the extra cashback so its more a case of is the BT deal better than the competition which in my case I decided it was (saving £20pcm in comparison to my Virgin deal and getting a couple of channels I really wanted.. BT sport/CSI etc and the unexpected bonus of faster broadband).

Very much worth reading.. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites

It works, I guess, in a similar way to the adverts at the top of the page and to the referral links that are posted in the thread at the top of ICBINF page. The site will see a donation for every purchase through that 'click'.

I use it a lot and for large purchase items (holidays/insurance etc) it's a no brainer. Quidco is a similar site, takes the first £5 off you but sometimes have a better cashback rate. Car/Home insurance, swapping broadband etc usually gains upwards of £100 a go.

The key though, and it is stressed on moneysaving expert, is not to bank on it - see it as a bonus. If you see the same goods cheaper elsewhere then buy it for less just in case there are issues with tracking. I've lost out a couple of times due to the site not tracking my sale. Best to shop around and then see if you can benefit from cashback.

Veevs, I know you mention you can't put the email on here but I think you will be able to post your referral link that will be on the email so you'll benefit from anyone else signing up. (Don't want to jump in and steal your cash :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived