BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What reserve player will break through this season ?

A lot of our young lads are more than capable of stepping up this season unless there not loaned out, who can we expect to see in the squad regularly out of the likes of o'sullivan, fernandez, r.hanley an edwards etc ???

• Backroom

The lad that played at Brum seems most likely at first glance, O Sullivan was it? Not clued up myself as I haven't seen much of any of them

Chaddy do you say those lads are talented backed up by facts or personal knowledge or just what you have heard?

Most of the time it seems only one or two ever break through from a group and the rest fall by the wayside (then get re-signed years later)

A lot of our young lads are more than capable of stepping up this season unless there not loaned out, who can we expect to see in the squad regularly out of the likes of o'sullivan, fernandez, r.hanley an edwards etc ???

I would be glad if the so called first teamers pulled there fingers out, and made it impossible for the youngsters to brake through.

O'sullivan played against Birmingham. Very lively but that's his only senior appearance were edwards an o'connell have probably already clocked 40 games each in league 2 last season at rochdale an York were they went on loan.

I'd say this is the best crop of under 20s we've had in a long time but with bowyer only on a 12 month contract, he can't risk all of them at the same time !

Chaddy do you say those lads are talented backed up by facts or personal knowledge or just what you have heard?

O'Sullivan I've seen played last season at Birmingham. impress me. he is attacking midfielder and he played the last 20 mins or so in the nuber 10 role behind Rhodes. also seen him a few times for reserves aswell.

O'Connell played very well according to people who went to the Crewe friendly and is England under 19's Captain I think

O'sullivan played against Birmingham. Very lively but that's his only senior appearance were edwards an o'connell have probably already clocked 40 games each in league 2 last season at rochdale an York were they went on loan.

I'd say this is the best crop of under 20s we've had in a long time but with bowyer only on a 12 month contract, he can't risk all of them at the same time !

Bowyer is on a rolling 12 months contract which is different to just having a 12 months contract.

Bowyer's contract is that every day of the year he has 12 months left on his contract

• Backroom

I think maybe Anton Forrester in the second half of the season after his loan to Bury. Looked good in the reserves last year of what little I saw.

O'sullivan's best position is behind the striker, I think we'll see abit of him in the cup games. O'connor is also a good player at RB reached the play offs with burton last season. I think the likes of edwards an o'connell will join forester an go out on loan tho, another season in league 1 or 2 for them would be the best bet for their development !

Aren't most of the lads mentioned at the age they should actually feature? For Rovers I mean.

18-19 ? Still young really isn't it unless there absolute gems. Especially defenders, don't see many in any 1st team under the age of 20

Morris has got a great chance if we don't sign a new left back. Hes about 21 now so be interesting to see of bowyer will trust him or go for someone else

18-19 ? Still young really isn't it unless there absolute gems. Especially defenders, don't see many in any 1st team under the age of 20

Don't want to argue but we are Championship club. Real talents should be more than squad member and maybe loaned out at the age of 19. Defenders do come through a bit later as they need more strength.

Don't want to argue but we are Championship club. Real talents should be more than squad member and maybe loaned out at the age of 19. Defenders do come through a bit later as they need more strength.

That's what I mean, we're better off loaning them out at the minute but I imagine at least 1 will make the brake through to the squad this season, especially our luck with injuries.

Raheem Hanley was the best player i saw from the youth cup run, but seems to have slipped behind a couple of the others in getting to the 1st team squad. Hope Im wrong, but O'Sullivan looked a bit sluggish for a attacking player.

Saw a stat that said only 5% of players with professional contracts at the age of 17 are still contracted at 21. Thats the task these guys face. Already they are down to 12 month deals in most cases.

I had heard Payne and Fernandez where both pretty good players as well, was surprised to not see either of them mentioned here.

Has anyone seen them play? I know the pair of them have been shifted around a bit in terms of positions but Payne is a full international with a few goals behind him already and Hugo has a very good reputation from what I have heard.

Oh and Maddon Forrester was loaned out just today so wont be expecting him any time soon.

Nunes, O´Connell and O'Sullivan will be given first team opportunities I Believe. Also have high hopes for Raheem Hanley.

Strange Jordan Slew haven't been sold or loaned out, maybe he could figure?

Maybe O´Connell can have the same impact Jay McEvely had some years ago ín the Premier League for Rovers.

Tim Payne should do ok in Championship being an New Zeeland full International.

I had heard Payne and Fernandez where both pretty good players as well, was surprised to not see either of them mentioned here.

Has anyone seen them play? I know the pair of them have been shifted around a bit in terms of positions but Payne is a full international with a few goals behind him already and Hugo has a very good reputation from what I have heard.

Oh and Maddon Forrester was loaned out just today so wont be expecting him any time soon.

I've watched the u21s a few times an Fernandez is very good but lacks strength an pace for the championship. Payne is a work horse but would probably be better holding midfielder than attacking. If we're guna see anyone I think it'll be a defender in either o'connor edwards or o'connell as there the 1s with experience an most quality I believe.

Archived