BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Never Again !

I don't really think there's many actual racists amongst the verbal diarrhea chanters, most genuine racists are usually quite bright(even though I don't agree with them) the mongrels you get at rovers(and most other clubs tbf) that chant these childish things are usually just thick as pig muck inbred backwards sheep that are just copying what they probably so their equally moronic fathers etc.. do when they where growing up.

It would be great to just throw them out and ban them for years, but then we'd be losing even more fans/tkt sales(though its a stretch to actually call them fans)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

The chavvy nonsense is all over the place. I went to Coventry vs. Milwall once, and there were a couple of 18 year olds in tracksuits trying to be all hard by taking on the exiting Milwall fans, kicking a fence down etc. the stewards got in there pretty quick though. It's probably morons who think they're in one of those daft hooligan films, or the typw who Danny Dyer sucks up to who do all the arm waving and shouting.

The atmosphere and chanting is one of the main reasons I go to football matches.

Aggressive behaviour, chanting, drinking, abuse is nothing new at football and very very very tame at rovers compared to when been in with away fans with mates of other clubs so I think people are being a bit precious and if I'm honest.

Can you imagine the scoffing and laughing of other fans at the suggestion rovers fans think our own fans are being too rowdy.

Indeed. Football attracts all types. Nothing wrong with that. Rovers fans, even including the predictable few young morons, are more well behaved than pretty much any other team's fans I've seen. When I take my non Rovers supporting mates to watch Rovers they always comment how "anorak" (their word) our fans are....

So racism is fine as long as they pay to do it?

This isn't a racist issue it's a behavioural one.

I sat in the JW Upper for years as I'd rather stick pins in my eyes for 90 mins than sit behind the goals at either end, and I packed in going to away matches after particularly unpleasant experiences at Everton and elsewhere years ago. I'm no prude but vile, filthy and seriously unfunny chanting in raucous boorish fashion by filthy ignorant people no matter who is within earshot is the behaviour of the gutter. One needs only to travel through Blackburn to see where it all originates. No one checks these people anymore, not the police, not their teachers, not the rest of society and worst of all not their parents. Discipline, manners and respect is a thing of the past. We desperately need a return to corporal punishment and another Australia.

Only good thing about it is that my kids will always have good career options.

Thanks for that JK89! Very instructive.

I'd best just stay at home then eh?

Cheers!

If your that bothered about a few songs then I would stay at home. It's modern day fans for you. Ok racism is a bit different I can understand that but songs about drugs an sexual stuff you just need to ignore an stop moaning as that's how it is these days. I'd hate to sit next to you against burnley

I don't really think there's many actual racists amongst the verbal diarrhea chanters, most genuine racists are usually quite bright(even though I don't agree with them) the mongrels you get at rovers(and most other clubs tbf) that chant these childish things are usually just thick as pig muck inbred backwards sheep that are just copying what they probably so their equally moronic fathers etc.. do when they where growing up.

It would be great to just throw them out and ban them for years, but then we'd be losing even more fans/tkt sales(though its a stretch to actually call them fans)

I have witnessed our fans call Victor Anichebe a "black b******". I have witnessed the vile Owen Coyle chant with reference to Pakistani's. I have been racially abused myself and seen fellow muslims with beards being abused and if you're telling me these numpties are bright, you're talking nonsense.

Blackburn Rovers as a football club have failed to deter these racists. Not enough action is being taken by the club that is why they are constantly getting away with it and these morons will continue until severe action is taken by the club.

I have witnessed our fans call Victor Anichebe a "black b******". I have witnessed the vile Owen Coyle chant with reference to Pakistani's. I have been racially abused myself and seen fellow muslims with beards being abused and if you're telling me these numpties are bright, you're talking nonsense.

Blackburn Rovers as a football club have failed to deter these racists. Not enough action is being taken by the club that is why they are constantly getting away with it and these morons will continue until severe action is taken by the club.

Edit: Comment regarding B&WR's signature removed after private explanation.

I don't think the islamic population has helped matters much do you BnW Rover? You cannot expect to effectively take over half a town or city and still rapidly increasing on an upward curve in just a few decades,whilst imposing very different customs and standards and displacing / dislocating the indigenous locals in the process without some adverse reaction? Or do you think differently?

If your that bothered about a few songs then I would stay at home. It's modern day fans for you. Ok racism is a bit different I can understand that but songs about drugs an sexual stuff you just need to ignore an stop moaning as that's how it is these days. I'd hate to sit next to you against burnley

Well said!! ... Racism is one thing, that everyone here agrees has no part in football or life, but moaning about the songs that are sung about Rhodes, Etuhu, Burnley etc is an absolute joke. So what if it has a swear word involved or is abit daft (when thinking logically) the lads and girls singing them are having a laugh and creating the atmosphere! Without them what would away games be like? Everybody sat down, no singing, 90 minutes of silence, clapping only... Sounds good doesn't it.

Also to everyone 'disgusted' at the swearing used at football matches I would agree at times it's un-needed, doesn't benefit anyone and your kids don't need to hear it, but are you seriously telling me none of you in your life have sworn at: the ref, a player (rovers or opposing), an opposing fan, when we concede in the last minute, miss in the last minute etc? I highly doubt it. Pot kettle black springs to mind.

The club's stance is 'report them and we'll issue life bans'. Not sure what more they could do tbh.

I have reported them in the past. Thanks to John Wareing on this forum, I was able to get in touch with Tom Finn and exchanged numerous emails. However, nothing has changed and I very much doubt it will in the future.

I don't think the islamic population has helped matters much do you BnW Rover? You cannot expect to effectively take over half a town or city and still rapidly increasing on an upward curve in just a few decades,whilst imposing very different customs and standards and displacing / dislocating the indigenous locals in the process without some adverse reaction? Or do you think differently?

Whether they have helped matters or not is beyond the point. A human being coming to watch a football match should not be abused because he is black, white, pink, yellow or of any description. That is my point. A point which I'm sure you agree with?

JK89, on 23 Jul 2013 - 10:25, said:

I fear you are missing the point somehow. I am not in the least bothered by a few songs. I am bothered by the moronic, imbecilic, low life behaviour of the element of pond life scum!

Is that clear enough?

Oh and I definitely wouldn't want you anywhere near my family and I at any game. We go to watch a match that's all!

I have reported them in the past. Thanks to John Wareing on this forum, I was able to get in touch with Tom Finn and exchanged numerous emails. However, nothing has changed and I very much doubt it will in the future.

Whether they have helped matters or not is beyond the point. A human being coming to watch a football match should not be abused because he is black, white, pink, yellow or of any description. That is my point. A point which I'm sure you agree with?

I do. However I'd stop short of conveniently ignoring deep issues within the local population on the basis that no one is allowed to object, complain or even discuss such matters any more without having the race card waved in their faces.

I do. However I'd stop short of conveniently ignoring deep issues within the local population on the basis that no one is allowed to object, complain or even discuss such matters any more without having the race card waved in their faces.

You say the Islamic population haven't helped much. I disagree. The amount that has been done in this town by both muslims and non-muslims is a credit to us all.

I think it is best to leave it here. I have made my feelings clear on the racist scum that we have amongst us and my feelings on the club are pretty clear on this matter too.

• Backroom

Well said!! ... Racism is one thing, that everyone here agrees has no part in football or life, but moaning about the songs that are sung about Rhodes, Etuhu, Burnley etc is an absolute joke. So what if it has a swear word involved or is abit daft (when thinking logically) the lads and girls singing them are having a laugh and creating the atmosphere! Without them what would away games be like? Everybody sat down, no singing, 90 minutes of silence, clapping only... Sounds good doesn't it.

Also to everyone 'disgusted' at the swearing used at football matches I would agree at times it's un-needed, doesn't benefit anyone and your kids don't need to hear it, but are you seriously telling me none of you in your life have sworn at: the ref, a player (rovers or opposing), an opposing fan, when we concede in the last minute, miss in the last minute etc? I highly doubt it. Pot kettle black springs to mind.

I'll be honest I'd rather absolute silence than the 'atmosphere' created when the darwen end had to move to the blackburn end last season, some of the songs included insulting our own fans and homophobic abuse at our own players doesn't constitute a laugh for me personally

Not to say everyone in there is bad but that was embarrassing

Just to stress again I'm not having a go at general rowdiness or atmosphere, I'm a big fan of both when there's a positive attitude/element to it. Rovers fans have given the team incredible support at some games in recent years, the FA Cup semi against Chelsea for example. I personally just can't stand the bitter, twisted element that causes a lot of the, mainly younger, fans to spend more of their energy flinging vile abuse at our players and the opposition fans than they do supporting the team. The winding up of the opposition fans is particularly pathetic when you consider that every time without fail these terrace hardmen vanish into the shadows after the game when confronting an opposition fan face to face would be a possibility.

I'll be honest I'd rather absolute silence than the 'atmosphere' created when the darwen end had to move to the blackburn end last season, some of the songs included insulting our own fans and homophobic abuse at our own players doesn't constitute a laugh for me personally

Not to say everyone in there is bad but that was embarrassing

Have to agree on this. From my vantage point directly opposite i have admired the DEnders many times in their efforts to create some atmosphere but when a load of them pitched up in NO5 they acted like schoolkids taking over a rival schools yard. ###### pathetic, if you want to give it the big one then get amongst the away fans and do it, not your own bunch, see how brave you are then. The back of NO 5 is usually quite sparse these days so their is never much atmosphere but there is a good bunch of fans with humour who turned up every game. These lot pitched up and starting stupid nonsense chants that in no way support the team, not even the slagging off Burnley songs that used to be the norm. When it became obvious no one was joining in they started abusing everyone in between abusing their own team of course then some guy further down made the mistake of shouting back "sing some proper effing songs then and support your team". Big mistake as they spent most of the rest of the game abusing this guys. The saddest thing is all this was being led by several 40 odd year olds, a couple with young kids with them. Of course the biggest cause of this is all seater grounds, back on the terraces groups gathered in different areas and others could keep well out the way. Im not offended by it at all, ive been in the thick of it back in the day and i love atmosphere, banter and even the odd insult but this was in no way support it was crap of the highest order and not what football is about.

I've not been to an away match for a few seasons. The last one I attended was away to Wolves just before we were last promoted. To get to my seat I had to pass a bar where our own supporters were drinking. The rowdiness of the pond life at that bar was so bad that I was genuinely afraid to make my way through the mob, much less to buy a drink. I have never been to an away match since.

Some of use sound like crying boring old men who should try watching cricket instead of football matches. Coming on here moaning isnt guna change fans getting @#/? up before games (especially away) an standing up through out the game singing swearing an pushing it to the limit in terms of behaviour, surprised we havnt started using flares yet, everyone else does, Infact I'm guna start taking them to away games n start setting them off every time Rhodes scores. JORDAN RHODES IS HAVING A PARTY..........

Some of use sound like crying boring old men who should try watching cricket instead of football matches. Coming on here moaning isnt guna change fans getting @#/? up before games (especially away) an standing up through out the game singing swearing an pushing it to the limit in terms of behaviour, surprised we havnt started using flares yet, everyone else does, Infact I'm guna start taking them to away games n start setting them off every time Rhodes scores. JORDAN RHODES IS HAVING A PARTY..........

Prime example.

Should always respect fellow fans of your own team and stick together though, it used to be an unwritten code. Rovers fans hate each other these days as well as half their own team. I'd love a time machine and be able to send some of our 'youth' back in time to the late 80's, say Boro away on that Boxing day or a trip to Elland Road/ Maine Road etc. No old bill and lines of stewards to hide behind then, flares were the least of anyones worries lol

I look forward to your court case and ban. I have been watching Rovers for 65 years and now you are saying I should not attend. I have far more right than you do and it is fine in the JW upper. Incidentally I watch cricket too.

Archived