BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feed the homeless in Ramadan

• Backroom

I learnt enough about how charitable the muslims of Blackburn are back when the fuel strike was on. Garages with "Muslims Only " signs.

I learnt enough about Scottish football managers back when Rovers had Steve Kean as a manager I also learnt enough about Rovers fans when one did a Monkey taunt at Dwight Yorke

Its not fair to tar everyone with the same brush

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. How much Zakah do you think will end up going to non muslims BWR?

2. Cancer is a disease which affects all people of all religions. Cancer Relief is not just a Christian charity

3. Might not be compulsory but it madrassah's, mosques and other Islamic learning centres seem a pretty popular destination for muslim charity money in BwD.

A significant amount of money goes across the globe. I don't think anyone would be able to give you an accurate figure as to how much is distributed to muslims and non-muslims. This does not matter, the main issue that is being addressed is the fact these poor people are getting some sort of food, shelter etc.

It is a huge reward in Islam to help build mosques etc. Therefore, in any area of the country where muslims are populated, not just in BwD, charity is given to help build these mosques. You will find this is the case in Bolton, Preston etc.

I judge by what I see...

Last night for example I saw aprox 10 Asians walking up darwen st at 1am swigging a jack bottle and when they couldn't get in the illegal smoking den they tried booting doors in , Half hour later a car full aimed there car at a bloke crossing the road and almost and I mean inches almost him , he waved his fist and they reversed and swore and threatened him . If we hadn't been there I dread to think what they would of done.

All that last night.

However two weeks ago we were having a late night drink in a London hotel and got chatting to an Asian family . Their daughters came in dressed in Saris and went up stairs and came down and had a few drinks with us in their shorts and their pj's.

Like I say I make my own judgements.

I learnt enough about how charitable the muslims of Blackburn are back when the fuel strike was on. Garages with "Muslims Only " signs.

Wow. You really are showing how stupid and narrow-minded you are with all this.

I judge by what I see...

Last night for example I saw aprox 10 Asians walking up darwen st at 1am swigging a jack bottle and when they couldn't get in the illegal smoking den they tried booting doors in , Half hour later a car full aimed there car at a bloke crossing the road and almost and I mean inches almost him , he waved his fist and they reversed and swore and threatened him . If we hadn't been there I dread to think what they would of done.

All that last night.

However two weeks ago we were having a late night drink in a London hotel and got chatting to an Asian family . Their daughters came in dressed in Saris and went up stairs and came down and had a few drinks with us in their shorts and their pj's.

How do you judge the members of the EDL then Abbey?

I learnt enough about Scottish football managers back when Rovers had Steve Kean as a manager I also learnt enough about Rovers fans when one did a Monkey taunt at Dwight Yorke

Its not fair to tar everyone with the same brush

I don't tar everyone the same tho , just the ones trying to inflame hate by driving round with black rags and veils.

Going back to the 80's when I attended the tech ,I was friendly with a Muslim girl, just friends and I asked her why you saw the odd veil being worn and she said the black veil was a symbol of a bereavement . It's worn now as a symbol of what !?

I don't tar everyone the same tho , just the ones trying to inflame hate by driving round with black rags and veils.

Going back to the 80's when I attended the tech ,I was friendly with a Muslim girl, just friends and I asked her why you saw the odd veil being worn and she said the black veil was a symbol of a bereavement . It's worn now as a symbol of what !?

You don't tar everyone the same. Only want to point out the actions of muslims?

Wow. You really are showing how stupid and narrow-minded you are with all this.

Why is narrow minded and stupid it's FACT?

EDL ? I've never seen them in town tbh apart from the march a couple of years back and I only saw news excerpts. I would say though , are they not allowed an opinion ,like the people who set fireworks off in celebration of the twin towers .

Anyway time for some breakfast .

You don't tar everyone the same. Only want to point out the actions of muslims?

It is a thread about the Muslims tho ?

I've no idea what black veils and rags mean

Anyone shed light?

You've never seen anyone wearing a veil or driving round Blackburn with a black rag dangling from the rear of their car???

Really ? Like really?

EDL ? I've never seen them in town tbh apart from the march a couple of years back and I only saw news excerpts. I would say though , are they not allowed an opinion ,like the people who set fireworks off in celebration of the twin towers .

It's a thread about how Muslims are helping the homeless. All you have done is slate them. You are narrow-minded and in my eyes a racist. You clearly have an agenda against Muslims and so be it. I'll keep my opinion of scum like yourself, to myself.

• Backroom

You've never seen anyone wearing a veil or driving round Blackburn with a black rag dangling from the rear of their car???

Really ? Like really?

Course I've seen people wearing a veil I just didnt know black ones had a significance as such

I've heard something about rags on cars meaning the occupants are up for some cash for crash action but thought it was a nothing rumour

It's a thread about how Muslims are helping the homeless. All you have done is slate them. You are narrow-minded and in my eyes a racist. You clearly have an agenda against Muslims and so be it. I'll keep my opinion of scum like yourself, to myself.

Racist and scum ... There you go . Sums it up , have an opinion different to yours and the racist card gets thrown in.

Brave behind the keyboard.

Course I've seen people wearing a veil I just didnt know black ones had a significance as such

I've heard something about rags on cars meaning the occupants are up for some cash for crash action but thought it was a nothing rumour

That's white rags Tom.

1. How much Zakah do you think will end up going to non muslims BWR?

Isn't it just a similar thing as that people give money to the church? it's pretty common in Europe - I know in Austria and Italy there is a church tax. Don't think they're going round giving their money away to non-christians either.

Racist and scum ... There you go . Sums it up , have an opinion different to yours and the racist card gets thrown in.

Dear me what an ignorant, uneducated knuckle dragger you are judging by your posts in this thread. No people have been persecuted more in history than Muslims.

Black veils have no such significance Tom. Abbey is just clueless and making his own theories up. The veil is the same type you see Mary wearing on all the Church windows. Yet for some reason, it's only associated with Muslims.

That's white rags Tom.

How does wearing a veil equate to inflaming hatred? You mentioned this a few posts back.

You mentioned Asian people in a sari, that is a dress common to Hindus (in my experience).

Dear me what an ignorant, uneducated knuckle dragger you are judging by your posts in this thread. No people have been persecuted more in history than Muslims.

I'd say the Jews have been in the past, only have to read a Shakespeare play to see that.

Black veils have no such significance Tom. Abbey is just clueless and making his own theories up. The veil is the same type you see Mary wearing on all the Church windows. Yet for some reason, it's only associated with Muslims.

FFS ... Get it thru your thick skull , I was told by a Muslim girl . Maybe she was maybe she wasn't and how many church goers walk round wearing one?

How does wearing a veil equate to inflaming hatred? You mentioned this a few posts back.

Seems coincidence they only appeared in force in Blackburn after 9/11. Also if I went in a bank wearing a balaclava the reaction I'd get. Anyhow breakfast is served.

FFS ... Get it thru your thick skull , I was told by a Muslim girl . Maybe she was maybe she wasn't and how many church goers walk round wearing one?

Seems coincidence they only appeared in force in Blackburn after 9/11. Also if I went in a bank wearing a balaclava the reaction I'd get. Anyhow breakfast is served.

So your using this one Muslim girl as enough evidence to slate the whole Islamic religion? Can you see how narrow minded you are?

After 9/11? Nonsense. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, maybe that has something to do with it, you fool.

Probably not the best question to ask because judging by his views in this thread he probably a member. I if he isn't he certainly shares the same views as them and use the same knuckle dragging, narrow minded and bigoted 'arguments as them.

I get accused for not reading threads .. Read the posts properly .Are personnel attacks still not allowed ? I've been called racist , scum and a fool . Just asking as I got banned for calling someone a toaster . Won't be on this thread as keyboard warrior is hard and and scaring me ....

NOT

Probably not the best question to ask because judging by his views in this thread he probably a member. I if he isn't he certainly shares the same views as them and use the same knuckle dragging, narrow minded and bigoted 'arguments as them.

I have NO affiliation or dealings with EDL . More rubbish aimed at me again .

I get accused for not reading threads .. Read the posts properly .Are personnel attacks still not allowed ? I've been called racist , scum and a fool . Just asking as I got banned for calling someone a toaster . Won't be on this thread as keyboard warrior is hard and and scaring me ....

NOT

I have NO affiliation or dealings with EDL . More rubbish aimed at me again .

You criticize his entire belief system, community and culture then dont expect him to take it personally.(and he only started the thread to promote osome charity work!)

I am a bit slow ABBEY could you clarify this?

It's a shame that this thread has come to this. All that was necessary was to either spread the message or ignore the post, but for whatever reason we're now debating intentions.

Am I being churlish to suggest that the world of Islam will readily accept charity from most sources but give willingly only to their own?

Seems to be what 'Zakah' infers here...... http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_101_150/charity_in_islam.htm

"Zakah is the type of Muslim charity that is obligatory, as decreed by the Glorious Qur'an. This basic law is seen as a solution to poverty and suffering. The Muslim community is obliged to donate a certain portion of their yearly earnings in the name of Allah, so that the needy and the sick can have a brighter future."

Bit one sided I'd suggest given the amount of charity from here that ends up going to the followers of Islam the world over. We give food, medicines and aid and muslims build madrassa's and mosques. Or am I misreading this?

Traditional scholars of Islam would tell you that zakat can't be spent to build masajid, the money belongs to the poor and it must be given to them. Whether a particular community adheres to that ruling or not is their lookout, but there are types of charity (lillah for masajid, sadaqah for other projects). Except when major construction is required, most masajid tend to fund maintenance of their premises through the collections they hold on Fridays.

Also, to be entirely accurate, zakat is paid on assets that have been held for the entire lunar year, not on annual income.

As for the amount of charity that goes to Muslims, what would you expect? Think of the countries that are suffering the worst calamities right now. I'd guess that Syria, Burma, Somalia, Sudan, Chad and Afghanistan come to mind. Add in Palestine, Jordan, Chechnya, Iraq, Malawi and Bangladesh. These are countries where serious help is needed. There are worthy causes in the UK, but they tend to be less urgent and better funded already.

Then let's examine the 'aid' that some of these countries receive from Western governments. Of the aid given to Pakistan, around half of the annual figure is always military aid which we provide for our own (perceived) security. Another example is the aid from the US to Egypt, which totals $1.5bn. $1.3bn of that is military aid, even though the only people the Egyptian army are aiming their guns at are their own citizens, $400m of that 'aid' will come in the form of 20 new F16s.

I judge by what I see...
All that last night.

I think it's great that these incidents stick in your mind so vividly, because if they were the norm for all Muslims then specific anecdotes wouldn't be remarkable enough to be remembered.

I could recount thousands of occasions when Muslims have behaved commendably, but for some reason that wouldn't hold as much weight as the smaller number that misbehave.

Likewise I could go through countless stories of white Brits conducting themselves in a disgusting manner, but it's acceptable because their families have been here longer?

Not coincidental in the slightest.

In large part the niqab became popular after 9/11 because the backlash against innocent Muslims was so severe that many of these communities felt that what connection they had with the rest of the UK had been cut. The obvious response to that was to cling more closely to their own culture, including the obvious visible signs of the religion.

Sadly I see the same thing happening again since the murder of Lee Rigby. When the retaliation attacks have come there has been scarcely a murmur of condemnation from many quarters. If a Muslim had murdered a pensioner and detonated two bombs they would have been locked up in Belmarsh in a flash, but a white European defames Rigby be using his murder as justification for aiming such actions against Muslims and most of Britain simply shrugs.

The part of this discussion that always amuses me is when people claim that Britain is such a tolerant place whilst insisting that immigrant communities must accept Western values, right down to their style of dress, if they want to be accepted.

I judge by what I see...

All that last night.

So are you so ignorant that you think all Asian's are Muslims could it not be plausible that they are of another region because I don't know if you are aware but their are lots of other religions in Asia.

Also when you say Asian's do you know if they are actually from Asia, perhaps they born and raised in Britain but with immigrants from Asia further back down the family line. The truth here is I have unmasked you because when you say Asian what you are not really referring is not the fact that they are from Asia because you don't know that, you call them Asian for one reason because of the fact that they had brown skin.

Archived