BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feed the homeless in Ramadan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good BWR.... now how are you going to salve your conscience and feed em all for the next 364 days? A dog homeless person is not just for Christmas Ramadan you know'.

btw the subject was 'homeless'. So shouldn't you be providing them with a roof and bed for that time too?

A foodbank has been set up and various mosques around Blackburn are inviting people to donate food.

Collection points have also been identified where those that are less fortunate can collect food. It is an ongoing effort all throughout the year.

Guest Norbert

Doesn't sound any different to the food bank that I lived near, that was a Christian based institution, or the Sikh temples that offer free food as part of their religion.

Anyway Gordon, what are you doing to help those who are disadvantaged and homeless? You don't seem to be the sort that would donate to Shelter for example.

A foodbank has been set up and various mosques around Blackburn are inviting people to donate food.

Collection points have also been identified where those that are less fortunate can collect food. It is an ongoing effort all throughout the year.

Whilst I applaud anyone helping out other local people in need, our local church is already doing this.

Without the fanfare.

Despite it not being Christmas.

Doesn't sound any different to the food bank that I lived near, that was a Christian based institution, or the Sikh temples that offer free food as part of their religion.

Anyway Gordon, what are you doing to help those who are disadvantaged and homeless? You don't seem to be the sort that would donate to Shelter for example.

Oh nothing much other than paying tax till my eyes bleed.... On top of paying my way through life, providing employment, and raising my kids and teaching them to stand on their own two feet and not accept charity..... I must say it seems very bad advice these days. Anyway enough about me what are you up to norbert?

Oh nothing much other than paying avoiding tax till my eyes bleed.... On top of pimping paying my way through life, causing providing unemployment, and raising my kids and teaching them to stand on their own two feet and not accept charity be completely selfish like their father..... I must say it seems very bad advice these days. Anyway enough about me what are you up to norbert?

As a good right winger rather more apt don't you think ?

You're on the wrong thread! Here this might help...... http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/ :rolleyes:

If you had loved ones affected by Alzheimers you wouldn't treat it so lightly and try to make silly jokes.

You really are a heartless, nasty @#/?.

yea! bashing a race, ethnicity and culture is exactly the same as a daft ginger joke :rock:

Hair colour is down to a genetics, just as skin colour is, just as eye colour is. If you are of even moderate IQ you must know that you cannot make meat of one and fish of another.

Oh nothing much other than paying tax till my eyes bleed.... On top of paying my way through life, providing employment, and raising my kids and teaching them to stand on their own two feet and not accept charity..... I must say it seems very bad advice these days. Anyway enough about me what are you up to norbert?

As a good right winger rather more apt don't you think ?

Can we assume then that you don't do and have never done any of those things and don't advocate them for others? No wonder you swing somewhere to the left of Pol Pot. You and people need to stop sponging on others and understand three words... discipline, duty and pride.

As for Alzheimers thats a cheap shot. Odds are that I'll die from it. How about you? What do you think will see you off?

Hair colour is down to a genetics, just as skin colour is, just as eye colour is. If you are of even moderate IQ you must know that you cannot make meat of one and fish of another.

?

You completely ignore the actual point as usual,

You really are a wordy bollards bs artist

Hai

As for Alzheimers thats a cheap shot. Odds are that I'll die from it. How about you? What do you think will see you off?

You made the Alzheimers link, which was a nasty thing to do. Coming from a Tory voter however I wouldn't expect anything less.

You should get down on your knees and pray to the great tax god in the sky that you or anyone who know and love does not suffer from it.

You made the Alzheimers link, which was a nasty thing to do. Coming from a Tory voter however I wouldn't expect anything less.

You should get down on your knees and pray to the great tax god in the sky that you or anyone who know and love does not suffer from it.

Too late for that. :(

So c'mon what do you think will do for you in the end?

btw re all that tory stuff at every opportunity.... you are becoming childish in the extreme. Grow up.

Too late for that. :(

So c'mon what do you think will do for you in the end?

btw re all that tory stuff at every opportunity.... you are becoming childish in the extreme. Grow up.

Explain why you think making a "joke" out of Alzheimers is funny.

He's ginger as well!! (no wonder he's so sour, must of had a tough old life)

Not always a fan of the level theno takes things too but well done on being a massive hypocrite. Ginger hair is blatantly a racial characteristic, using it negatively is a racial slur, so you just made a racist comment. Fell straight off your high horse there.

Steve I'm not sure you are correct in saying red hair is a racial characteristic. I presume you mean by this it's only found in a certain race or races.

I'm going to be very careful here but I'm doubtful about your view because I have met an African with red hair and seen others.

According to Wiki the cause is two copies of chromosome 16, surely a chromosomal variation can occur in any individual? Apparently 1-2% of the human population have red hair with it being more common (2-6%) in Northern Europe.

Racial characteristics by definition define or describe a person's race. I don't think red hair does that.

I agree calling someone "ginge" etc. is now seen as a slur but its not racist.

Why is hair pigmentation different than skin pigmentation?

Firstly there nothing wrong with ginger hair(it was quite clearly just a joke) red hairs quite sexy i think,

Secondly, i did google it to make sure and ginger/red hair is not an ethnicity or race.

Thirdly, im not perfect by anymeans and don't ride a top of any high horse(but im also not a bigot, looking for an excuse to have a pop at other races and cultures every chance i get)

Why is hair pigmentation different than skin pigmentation?

Stuart if you mean in terms of using it to abuse someone then, yes, both are or can be used abusively. As terms of abuse though the inference is much greater with one than the other. I'm not sure using red hair as abuse is a racial slur as it isn't a racial characteristic and Steve seemed to be suggesting it is. Race in modern terms is a question of culture, ethnicity, etc. From what I gather all humans are recognised as being the same species and should not be defined as "races" which is a dated concept based on changing perceptions. Africans were originally seen as an inferior "race" to help justify slavery and so on. That I suppose brings into question the idea of someone being "racist" but of course we all know what this means in a modern context.

From a scientific point of view red hair pigmentation is a genetic characteristic while skin colour is not, differing skin colour is a result of varying skin pigmentation - I guess this is a physical characteristic. My skin color is such that I would become much more dark skinned if I lived in certain areas, my eldest son even more so.

Well as far as I'm aware ginger hair is a trait originating in the british isles and found in very few other places throughout the world. How that doesn't make it a characteristic of the british race is beyond me. You think using ginger as an insult is less offensive than using black in the same way, I disagree entirely. Ginger-haired people are being bullied, stigmatised and insulted throughout the world for the simple reason that they are diminishing and their numbers have dropped to a level that allows the majority total confidence in behaving in the disgusting way that popular culture suggests they have been doing over the last 10 years. Fat people or people with glasses have seen their fortunes reversed, few are mocked now for those attributes because there are too many of them for the majority to feel confident in mocking. Anyway, ginger insults are the same as black insults in my book when logic rather than perceived humour is used to define it.

Some great points made and, while I understand the history, I really don't see why there SHOULD be any difference.

Being ginger haired is not protected in law for discrimination. Yet "race" (usually defined by skin colour - accepting Paul's comments) is.

I'm inclined to agree with SKH. If skin colour is protected by discrimination laws, so should hair colour.

Ginger haired people aren't discriminated against! just teased a little(usually just harmless banter) most people have something about them that they're teased about a little, get over it.

in many countries being ginger is actually considered to be quite special(I think china is 1)

Archived