BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster Away help & advice here

Greetings all.

As the Keepmoat Stadium will be a new ground for most (if not all of you) if you want any questions answering on anything Donny related (Parking, pubs, directions etc), post them in here & I will keep checking & answer to the best of my abilities.

Good Luck for the season.

Greetings all.

As the Keepmoat Stadium will be a new ground for most (if not all of you) if you want any questions answering on anything Donny related (Parking, pubs, directions etc), post them in here & I will keep checking & answer to the best of my abilities.

Is the Time And Place still open.

Ground is quite a way from the station isn't it? Any buses from the railway station or nearby? Approx how long to get to the ground from the station? Ta

It's about a 20 minute walk but next to the train station is the interchange & a stadium shuttle bus runs (x75 is the bus number I think).

It was a night club in the middle of town.

It isn't there now I'm afraid.

Donny Rovers and the Keep Moat Stadium,blessed are we...oh how the once mighty have fallen!!

:D - :unsure: - :(

The whole town is excited about having this mighty Blackburn Rovers coming to our stadium (honest)

It's about a 20 minute walk but next to the train station is the interchange & a stadium shuttle bus runs (x75 is the bus number I think).

It isn't there now I'm afraid.

The whole town is excited about having this mighty Blackburn Rovers coming to our stadium (honest)

Once mighty :(

Ignore any arrogance, you lot have done well to get where you are and will be looking forward to some big championship clubs visiting. ( us, Burnley and Bolton not being any of them lol)

Car parking - good or bad within a mile or so of the stadium ?

Once mighty :(

Ignore any arrogance, you lot have done well to get where you are and will be looking forward to some big championship clubs visiting. ( us, Burnley and Bolton not being any of them lol)

Car parking - good or bad within a mile or so of the stadium ?

Tom, there is loads of car parking spaces around the stadium most of them industrial units charging £3 or £4 (parking at the stadium is £5 i think) however getting out can be a bit of a ball ache. My advice would be to park at the Dome Leisure centre which is free & around a 15 minute walk to the ground as you will be on the dual carriageway towards the A1 in minutes after the game. There is also a decent bar at the Dome which does good food as well. Also the walk from the Dome to the Stadium takes you around the lake & if the weather is decent it's a nice stroll ! There is also a bar outside the ground (West Stand) which allows away fans in & does a lovely pie & pint for a fiver or least they did last season.

Donny Rovers and the Keep Moat Stadium,blessed are we...oh how the once mighty have fallen!!

:D - :unsure: - :(

Personally I would much rather go to Donny Rovers away than Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc.

Looking forward to my first visit to the Keepmoat. DRFC1 which pubs would you recommend Pre match? I know Donny relatively well as I have a uni mate from Bessacarr

Tom, there is loads of car parking spaces around the stadium most of them industrial units charging £3 or £4 (parking at the stadium is £5 i think) however getting out can be a bit of a ball ache. My advice would be to park at the Dome Leisure centre which is free & around a 15 minute walk to the ground as you will be on the dual carriageway towards the A1 in minutes after the game. There is also a decent bar at the Dome which does good food as well. Also the walk from the Dome to the Stadium takes you around the lake & if the weather is decent it's a nice stroll ! There is also a bar outside the ground (West Stand) which allows away fans in & does a lovely pie & pint for a fiver or least they did last season.

I'm going for a drink in Mexborough. Ive made my Will out.

Personally I would much rather go to Donny Rovers away than Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc.

Looking forward to my first visit to the Keepmoat. DRFC1 which pubs would you recommend Pre match? I know Donny relatively well as I have a uni mate from Bessacarr

To be honest you will OK in all of the pubs near the stadium (although there isn't many) & also in the town (plenty!!), as it is a friday night it will be busy with the after work drinkers before the game & will be packed after the game. The only place I would be cautious of is the Yorkshire Grey on High Street, any trouble in recent years is always centered around their & our "lads" generally use it as their base before, during & after games. Even so you should be fine in there just keep your wits about you.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all.

Very nice of you. Would have gone to this if it had been 3pm on a Saturday but can't really be bothered on a Friday night. Good luck yourselves (after next Friday :)).

If you're still keeping an eye on this topic DRFC1, I was enquiring about trains and buses earlier, looks like I'll be driving now.

Anywhere to park near the ground (maybe businesses' car park or similar) or is it better to park elsewhere and get a bus to the ground?

It's a nice little stadium - did some work there a few years ago, helping manage the ground on matchdays when the stadium first opened.

Nice location too, lived in the apartments on the other side of the lake.

Shame I can't make it, would have been nice to go back and revisit some old haunts.

Very easy to find from the M18 (just off the M1).

If you're still keeping an eye on this topic DRFC1, I was enquiring about trains and buses earlier, looks like I'll be driving now.

Anywhere to park near the ground (maybe businesses' car park or similar) or is it better to park elsewhere and get a bus to the ground?

Hello Neil, Have a look at number 11 on this thread, plenty of spaces near the ground but can be a pain to get out of (although roadworks near the ground have now been completed & people are saying it is much better after the game), The Dome would be my advice.

Shame it is a friday but it has been changed due to the World Jet Ski championships on the lake near the ground on the Saturday believe it or not!!

It's a nice little stadium - did some work there a few years ago, helping manage the ground on matchdays when the stadium first opened.

Nice location too, lived in the apartments on the other side of the lake.

Shame I can't make it, would have been nice to go back and revisit some old haunts.

Very easy to find from the M18 (just off the M1).

The area around the stadium is very nice now (apart from Hyde Park which is rough as) The ground is a soulless bowl though with little atmosphere.

I did a guide for Donny away, with a the help of a couple of Donny supporting mates, but if you can think of anything I missed, do let me know.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/page/classic/awayguide.html/_/doncaster-rovers-keepmoat-stadium-r3

By the way, if anyone wants to help out by writing some of these guides, so let me know. I'm currently trying to keep a few games ahead, but it's something I intend to carry forward from season to season.

Archived