BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton - the "Prestige Friendly"

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

One a new EU directive is passed next year, they won't be illegal, until then fair enough.

Fair enough mate just got to be careful at the mo :)

What was the idea of this friendly? A realisation of how far we've sunk over the past 3 years, for all to see?

Thats what I thought. It appears to have crossed Clur's mind too when she started it. Attitudes and perceptions have changed so much that I'm beginning to wonder if the Walker years happened at all and whether it was all just a dream.

• Backroom

Have we conceded 2 since they made 7 subs?

The worrying part is the fact that we should be a couple of weeks fitter than they are

Hopefully this game although its Everton who are a good side will make GB push for a signing or two before the season kicks off next weekend. Disappointing performance by the sounds of it.

Dann's pulled one back 1-3. Good run from Rochina and forced decent save from keeper. Rosado did well after coming on imo. One or two glimmers of hope but the starting line up is a complete no no imo.

Judge deservedly awarded Mom. The only one of the starters apart from Kean to perform with any credit imo.

Kilgallon looks solid, especially considering he won't be facing opponents of Mirallas' calibre.

Judge looks good and can actually cross a ball.

Rochina loses possession but also makes things happen. I can't remember us creating anything of note until he came on. Could have scored near the end when he picked up a loose Everton pass, beat a couple players and had a shot saved.

Same problem as last season in that playing two defensive midfielders isn't going to work.

• Moderation Lead

Ruben rochina absoule quality! Very impressed with Judge, they are the only 2 midfield players with quality and both impressed. We HAVE to hang onto Rochina and need Bannan in quick.

Bannan doesn't strike me as the dynamic midfielder type which is what we desperately need. Can't believe Lowe and Marrow are still playing in the same team, it's one or the other, and from what I saw at Rochdale, it should be Marrow!!

Agree with most on here - special mention also to Best who did more in his 20 minutes than Rhodes did. Creates a problem but if we are playing 1 up front against a good side then i would go with Best!

Judge and Rochina look decent - put a genuine midfielder in there and suddenly the world is a better place though our defence is still a long way from rock solid.

Archived