BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of season prediction

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted between 8th and 10th last year, but at one stage thought we were going down. I feel we are better organised and equipped for this division this year and may therefore achieve last years prediction.

Agree with 47...upper mid table with hopefully a late shot at the play offs as our massive squad plods on, whilst others suffer injuries and suspensions.

Too early. With the current squad, a long relegation battle and hopeful of 21st place.

With some quality loan additions maybe upper mid table but all of the loanees will need to gel immediately and stay injury free. Make no bones, with the loss of CKR and no replacement, we are a worse side than last season.

Not happy with the current playing staff. All Labore, no Arte.

if we can be in the top 10 come Mid March then we have a chance of making a push for the playoffs.

I would be happy with that. Not expecting miracles from Bowyer this season. we need to get Bowyer time and patience to build the squad he wants.

Steve Claridge reckon Rovers will be 9th this coming season btw.

no team in this league is that's good they are guaranteed promotion looking at each team squad. a lot of transfers in and out from most clubs to happen yet.

Wigan will have to cope with European football aswell as 46 games season in the championship. could be tough around October and November time with a game every 3/4 days. so could drop points during that time but expect them to be in the playoffs at the very least tho.

Reading have a good squad and I reckon they will be near the top of the league. Watford and Forest will be up there aswell.

I honestly think QPR will struggle in this league at the start of the season and will take time to adjust to this league. Can see a challenge for last 2 playoffs spots at Best. miss out on Hooper and don't seem to be signing Austin from the dark side of Lancashire at the minute. made a couple of good signings in Henry and Simpson but I think Dunne might be liability with his lack of pace in this league. expect a lot more activity with transfer in and out aswell there aswell. Wouldn't be shock to see Redknapp leave if things going wrong at the start of the season either

Bolton Manager Dougie Freedman today has been asking for more money from Bolton bosses according to the papers this morning. Bolton chairman refuse to pay for Moritz to join Bolton even on low wages and free transfer. sounds to me that they are cutting cost aswell. can't even afford to make a bid for Spearing yet.

Think Rovers, Leicester, Bolton, Brighton, Leeds, Ipswich and Charlton will be challenging for the last 2 playoff's Spots.

No higher than last season , there maybe 3 teams worse than us ..

Personally , I have my doubts ...

If we lose to Burnley in September and are in the bottom 6 or 7 , expect Bowyer to be sacked ..

If this was Venkys baby in real life , they would all be in jail now on child neglect and cruelty ..

Rhodes will be interesting cannot see him hanging around with this squad , expecting him to move in Jan at the latest for a cut price fee..

Guest Norbert

About 9th-12th with Rhodes, 18th-bottom without.

That is based on the squad as of today. Who knows, we may get that elusive decent midfielder and a left back.

Russ ? Without a doubt why?

Ok mate, maybe it was a little tongue in cheek....but I do believe Bowyer will guide us into the top half. I don't think our team is anywhere near as bad as people make out, I think that we have players (in the main) that want to be here, he's identified areas of weakness & is looking to address those and, from what I've seen, the whole set up seems more cohesive than it was last term. Even the warm ups look better, working the back 4 as a unit. Until Appleton came in, we were still in the top half & in with every chance. Unfortunately, his style just didn't work out.

I'm possibly over optimistic & we'll have a better clue come end of August.

Ok mate, maybe it was a little tongue in cheek....but I do believe Bowyer will guide us into the top half. I don't think our team is anywhere near as bad as people make out, I think that we have players (in the main) that want to be here, he's identified areas of weakness & is looking to address those and, from what I've seen, the whole set up seems more cohesive than it was last term. Even the warm ups look better, working the back 4 as a unit. Until Appleton came in, we were still in the top half & in with every chance. Unfortunately, his style just didn't work out.

I'm possibly over optimistic & we'll have a better clue come end of August.

fair do's but I cant see us doing anything again . Worst side I've seen .

Archived