BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of season prediction

Mid table for me, serious lack of quality in the current squad and dare I say it, a manager that in my opinion isn't good enough.

Its going to be a long season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to God it isn't as bad as last season. I can see a slight improvement in league position if the players put the effort it, but nothing drastic.

I admire some of the optomism, but I think we're in this league for a good few years yet. The damage that has been done will take years to repair, presuming of course that last season was the rock bottom of the last 20yrs or so.

If it wasn't for the one shining light (Rhodes) last season I think the question would have been "will we be promoted from League One this season?"

10th at very best..sell Rhodes and its God help us!

I see no improvement in quality within the side,going to be a long stay in this league which will bring financial problems very soon.

God forgive me for saying this but I have an awful feeling our long reign over our friendly Claret neighbours is about to come to an end too. :(

I see no improvement in quality within the side,going to be a long stay in this league which will bring financial problems very soon.

God forgive me for saying this but I have an awful feeling our long reign over our friendly Claret neighbours is about to come to an end too. :(

Don't even go there! To say i'm nervous about those 2 games is an understatement.

Would take 2 draws again now I think.

The one saving grace is that they're every bit as likely to be heading backwards as we are. With Austin probably going on the cheap, our six-fingered neighbours are decent bets for relegation

It's hard Ben but it really is a level playing field now between them and us for probably the first time in some 30 years.

Just don't look...

As bad as it is for us, I still think they're inferior (well I would!) but importantly they think so too.

Despite our lack of quality, I'm not sure who would get into our team.

Austin? Probably but not instead of Rhodes.

Ings? Maybe.

Jones (if he goes)? Yes.

After that I'm not too impressed.

How about a poll that runs to start of season, and then is repeated every couple of months to track optimism/pessimism?

Automatic promotion (1-2)

Playoffs (3-6)

So near, so far (7-9)

Mid table mediocrity (10-16)

Squeaky bumtime (17-21)

Relegation (22-24)

You know you finished below us last season don't you, after 46 games? Or are you still seeking solace in your whole 34 years thing?

Our reign has already begun, it's 12 months old and counting.

Like someone else said, 1st to 24th. Inclusive.

Too early to predict imo. Depends on who we sign in midfield and how fit the likes of Dunn, Williamson and Etuhu stay imo.

Also on whether there are any catastrophic last minute departures.

Administration.

:unsure:

Seriously, though, if the league is anything like it was last year it could be a lottery. I just hope that we get a decent start. If we start slowly and are down near the bottom after the first few games we are going to be in for a relegation scrap. A decent start and we might be in the fight for a playoff spot (which we will not ultimately achieve). I suppose I am saying 12th or so.

Archived