BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of season prediction

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think Rhodes will go before the close of this transfer window.

What makes you say that?

I would be extremely surprised if anyone plumped up the desired 10-12million that Rovers want. If they've properly scouted him I would say that most clubs wouldn't want to gamble on the fact that he is fairly limited in his all round game.

Unless of course our esteemed owners decide to cut their losses and accept a lower bid.....

• 8 months later...
  • Backroom

Weeeeeeeeeeell we've done better than most of us predicted

There is still frustration based on how its panned out and the chances that have been on a plate at times but we were only in positions to miss those chances due to some good progress

I have doubts whether we can take the next step with the current manager but on balance expectations vs reality show he deserves another season to have a crack at it

Weeeeeeeeeeell we've done better than most of us predicted

There is still frustration based on how its panned out and the chances that have been on a plate at times but we were only in positions to miss those chances due to some good progress

I have doubts whether we can take the next step with the current manager but on balance expectations vs reality show he deserves another season to have a crack at it

No, we've done better than the relentlessly miserable and utterly clueless predicted. The same ones are now moaning we didn't make the play-offs.

Most sensible posters predicted mid-table or a bit higher.

I predicted between 8th and 10th last year, but at one stage thought we were going down. I feel we are better organised and equipped for this division this year and may therefore achieve last years prediction.

Agree with 47...upper mid table with hopefully a late shot at the play offs as our massive squad plods on, whilst others suffer injuries and suspensions.

This poster knows his onions!

Too early. With the current squad, a long relegation battle and hopeful of 21st place.

With some quality loan additions maybe upper mid table but all of the loanees will need to gel immediately and stay injury free. Make no bones, with the loss of CKR and no replacement, we are a worse side than last season.

Not happy with the current playing staff. All Labore, no Arte.

Oh ye of little faith!

• Backroom

No, we've done better than the relentlessly miserable and utterly clueless predicted. The same ones are now moaning we didn't make the play-offs.

I would say most people predicted mid table we look on course to be just outside the playoffs which is a bit better

Who says venkys to communicate with fans.

?

I THINK Abbey is implying you are a Venky mouth-piece Blueboy, but please do correct me if I'm wrong Abbey.

Personally I thought it was a decent post and quite accurate. Just look at Stuart above. Predicted 21st at best and now is calling for the managers head. Amazing really.

How poor are the rest of the teams for Rovers not to avoid the drop. Relegation battle from the off as Rovers look totally unprepared for the coming season having brought in a lot of lower league quality.

Jal too is calling for Bowyers head after predicting a relegation battle all season. Interesting to see how things have changed in as little as 9 short months.

It appears I predicted 14th, I think having watched the Everton friendly but I'm not sure. Anyway, I've been presently surprised and whilst I think we could find a better manager I have placed myself in a realistic mindset that we probably wouldn't find one. My question as I posed in the other thread is: Can Bowyer take us up or is he a nearly man??

Oh ye of little faith!

Read my post again. I'd say I called it pretty much bang on. The recruitment since last July has addressed my concerns. Something I have always given him credit for.

Although I still maintain CKR was a big loss in terms of his hold up play.

Read my post again. I'd say I called it pretty much bang on. The recruitment since last July has addressed my concerns. Something I have always given him credit for.

Although I still maintain CKR was a big loss in terms of his hold up play.

Only joking but I have to say that you can't be wrong if you don't nominate a specific position and you cover all bases!

Guest Norbert

About 9th-12th with Rhodes, 18th-bottom without.

That is based on the squad as of today. Who knows, we may get that elusive decent midfielder and a left back.

Well, not too far out.

Only joking but I have to say that you can't be wrong if you don't nominate a specific position and you cover all bases!

Covering all bases?

21st with the squad we had at the end of July

Upper mid table if we brought in some quality, which we did.

The first few posts make for some very interesting reading in retrospect.

I thought we'd be mid-table, but a top 8 finish would be great progress. Can't wait til August rolls around and we can have another crack with the current squad a year older and having a full preseason together.

Archived