BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn will be without new signings Corry Evans & Matt Kilgallon at Derby on Sunday through injury. Robinson, Etuhu & Campbell all out.

I'd be playing..

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Judge, Marrow, Cairney, Taylor

Rochina

Rhodes

Looking at my line up there it's crazy how much different our midfield is to what it was at the start of last season.

as long as peds/lowe aren't seen as starters i'm reasonably happy................not confident just happier in the build up to a game than at any point in the last 2 years.

2-2

Rhodes to still stand out like a sore thumb compared to whats around him.........whats around him just seems like it may be a little less $&^t and more up for the fight compared to last season

edit. happier still if King plays no part as well, very poor footballer

as long as peds/lowe aren't seen as starters i'm reasonably happy................not confident just happier in the build up to a game than at any point in the last 2 years.

2-2

Rhodes to still stand out like a sore thumb compared to whats around him.........whats around him just seems like it may be a little less $&^t and more up for the fight compared to last season

edit. happier still if King plays no part as well, very poor footballer

A little less? In terms of ability Judge, Marrow, Cairney and Taylor is the most depressingly poor midfield I've ever seen Rovers field in 25 years of watching them. Hopefully Bowyer will get more out of them than some of our managers last season managed with better players, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that they're mediocre at best.

Totally disagree on King and Pedersen. Both are more likely to create a goal than any of that midfield. Marrow, Cairney and Taylor are simple grafters and Judge has half the pace of King and half the ability of Pedersen. If thats our midfield then Rochina better have a bloody good game.

BBC Lancashire@BBCLancashire1m

Blackburn will be without new signings Corry Evans & Matt Kilgallon at Derby on Sunday through injury. Robinson, Etuhu & Campbell all out.

I'd be playing..

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Judge, Marrow, Cairney, Taylor

Rochina

Rhodes

Looking at my line up there it's crazy how much different our midfield is to what it was at the start of last season.

Good, Kilgallon is @#/?.

A little less? In terms of ability Judge, Marrow, Cairney and Taylor is the most depressingly poor midfield I've ever seen Rovers field in 25 years of watching them. Hopefully Bowyer will get more out of them than some of our managers last season managed with better players, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that they're mediocre at best.

Totally disagree on King and Pedersen. Both are more likely to create a goal than any of that midfield. Marrow, Cairney and Taylor are simple grafters and Judge has half the pace of King and half the ability of Pedersen. If thats our midfield then Rochina better have a bloody good game.

Been watching these midfielders regularly have you? Good to have informed opinion.

last season was murphy/lowe/peds/+A.N Other crap Swede/Norwegian/portugese mug...................that's the worst midfield we have picked on a regular basis in my living memory so bad any change couldn't fail to improve it

Well team GB certainly have lots of options now, what a difference a week makes, it should be interesting to see what they can conjure up and get off to that positive start that would really be a big boost to the seasons chances.

Arte et labore

Kean/

Kane/Hanley/Dann/Spurr

Williamson/Lowe or Marrow(until evans becomes available)

Judge or Cairney/ Rochina/ Taylor

Rhodes

Unsure on a prediction, dont think we will win, i reckon a 2-2 draw or a 2-1 win to derby

Except that you haven't actually seen them all play for us have you? Then again, according to you Titus Bramble is a premier league defender.

"Half the ability of Pedersen" haha. I have half the ability of Pedersen.

I'd be very happy with a point.

I think we are going to be under the cosh so it makes sense for me that we try and shield our back four with the likes of Marrow and Lowe.

I'd try and shoehorn King into the side in the hope that his pace could get us in behind Derby when they are pushing onto us. That being the case then I'm afraid that Rhodes could find himself isolated and foraging for scraps again. I don't think there is a place for Rochina away from home unless we are chasing the game late on.

This season is all about stabilising for me. If we can grit it out at places like Derby then we go some way to doing that.

I'd be very happy with a point.

I think we are going to be under the cosh so it makes sense for me that we try and shield our back four with the likes of Marrow and Lowe.

I'd try and shoehorn King into the side in the hope that his pace could get us in behind Derby when they are pushing onto us. That being the case then I'm afraid that Rhodes could find himself isolated and foraging for scraps again. I don't think there is a place for Rochina away from home unless we are chasing the game late on.

This season is all about stabilising for me. If we can grit it out at places like Derby then we go some way to doing that.

Derby away is a 50/50 game, we should go for it.

Derby away is a 50/50 game, we should go for it.

Granted, their squad isn't the greatest but Derby are a big club with big support and going there will not be easy for any team.

We need to keep an eye on Johnny Russell who Derby signed from Dundee Utd. Very good player.

Granted, their squad isn't the greatest but Derby are a big club with big support and going there will not be easy for any team.

We need to keep an eye on Johnny Russell who Derby signed from Dundee Utd. Very good player.

Yes I read something about him today, looking good pre-season.

Get one of our big lads to stand on his foot in the tunnel ( Hanley ) old Wimbledon trick.

I don't think there is a place for Rochina away from home unless we are chasing the game late on.

Tend to agree in so much that he should always start at home, but he should have started adding defensive duties to his game, working back into a five midfield when needed and supporting Rhodes when needed....I presume bowyer would want that in an ideal world. Do we just assume he's still a lazy little sod, or say, go on lad it's a new season, crack on and win us the game.....?

Archived