BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been to get my tickets for this. The lad at the town centre shop reckoned we had sold approx 250 tickets thus far. Hopefully a few more Rovers fans will now be

tempted to make the trip given it is only £8.50 for season ticket holders and yesterday's positive performance.

Thought we'd sell more TBH as its a new ground for a lot of fans and not a million miles away.... See you there

Carlisle "star striker" Lee Miller sent off for serious foul play today against Leyton Orient. Makes the task on Wednesday a little easier - hopefully!

Depends when his ban starts.

According to the FA website, he's suspended for Wednesday (and their next two first team games).

your not the jock i know from away days in 80,s.im tomo from preston,there used to be 3 of us from preston,myself,seeky and ray..

Sorry mate its not me.

Are you thinking of the big lad from Glasgow who moved to Blackburn in the 80's?

Just been to get my tickets for this. The lad at the town centre shop reckoned we had sold approx 250 tickets thus far. Hopefully a few more Rovers fans will now be tempted to make the trip given it is only £8.50 for season ticket holders and yesterday's positive performance.

Surprised we have not sold more. This is the one I've been looking forward to since the draw was made ... probably because it's so long since we last played each other. Roll on Wednesday.

Strange there isn't a few more going but it is early round of cup when no one is interested i suppose. I don't know what they charge up there normally but they've done a good price for advance sales to ST holders although i have to say 17/19 quid is a bit steep for an early round cup game. Most clubs only charge about a tenner or so for these games. Even knob end have done cheap tickets tonight for their but derby game.

Interested to see what team starts, has to be a weakened team with a few fringe players. Maybe hold 'auditions' for the Rochina, in the hole role, as it were.

Not too fussed about the cup this season, would prefer to focus on the league itself.

But this match could be great for confidence if we could win, get the team to winning ways, Rhodes to grab a goal or two?

Whatever the team, I would play both Rhodes and Best, at least for part of the game. Build up an understanding between them, Best needs games to get sharpness back (visibly improved as the game went on against Derby) and Rhodes needs a goal to get his season going as quick as possible. (With scoring no goals in pre-season). I know there is a danger of injury but that can happen even in training.

Whatever the team, I would play both Rhodes and Best, at least for part of the game. Build up an understanding between them, Best needs games to get sharpness back (visibly improved as the game went on against Derby) and Rhodes needs a goal to get his season going as quick as possible. (With scoring no goals in pre-season). I know there is a danger of injury but that can happen even in training.

With England playing Scotland on August 14th I can't see Rhodes or Hanley playing tomorrow. The date of the England game could present a problem for us as we play Doncaster on August 16th.

my line up v carlisle would be-

eastwood

morris

givet

songo`o

olsson

nunes

cairney

rosado

formica

slew

king

subs-

kean

hanley

dunn

marrow

rhodes

best

taylor

Morris as RB?

He is kean as LB think about him playing right back then..

-

Is this a tv game? What channels will show it?

Archived