BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

Can't say I'm bothered either. It'll be interesting to see who Carlisle get in the next round.

Is it still seeded?

Southampton, Norwich, Villa away, or any Premier League side away for that matter, would rubber stamp the thought that being out of the competition may be a good thing!

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm bothered either. It'll be interesting to see who Carlisle get in the next round.

Southampton, Norwich, Villa away, or any Premier League side away for that matter, would rubber stamp the thought that being out of the competition may be a good thing!

So you'd much rather watch a myriad of mid-table dead rubbers than play a top league club in the cup? It's like Arsenal away never happened :/

Lets not forget that according to the commentary Carlisle were without 4 key first team players and raided their youth squad to fill the bench. Besides the displays of a couple of players who get mentioned elsewhere one crumb of comfort is that the Carlise youngsters may have been guided by Eric Kinder, so we might have a chance of upsetting league one opponents in the 2015/16 season

To misquote a reptillian lip licking parasite

"We had dreams of playing in the League cup 2nd round , but were not quite there yet" Still only two years off Europe , chin up

That one at Old Trafford must have slipped your mind then? He tried to side foot that one as well the bloody prune

Well done. You have picked one penalty. Even King Al missed a penalty.

I recall him being fairly clinical during the 2000/2001 season. Hence he took them all.

Yep premiership is overated

If it is then the championship must not be even rated.

Strangley even in the Premierleague I was never happy with playing crap XI's in the cups. Sadly the modern fan now give clubs the green light for devaluing all competitions other than the league and then castigate clubs for not winning things (Arsenal fans spring to mind)

It's as if 92 professional clubs and two cups is a modern strain on the game when squads of just 15 players played just as many games in a season without needing a break in the past (in the days when the first XI picked themselves)

So you'd much rather watch a myriad of mid-table dead rubbers than play a top league club in the cup? It's like Arsenal away never happened :/

In some respects had Arsenal never happened, then Millwall at home would never of happened!

Lets see where we are around Christmas, if we're mid table then we can have a go at the FA Cup (like last year) but this stretch of League games (Aug-Dec) is where promotion, or survival, foundations need to be laid.

Blue and White Army show me one positive post you have wrote?? You would be better suited as a glory hunter because at Rovers you going to get the good bad and the ugly

Trolling out the hackneyed 'glory hunter' line. Are you for real? All you need now is to add "go watch Man U" (but say it with your tongue pressed firmly into your chin for full effect)

I just don't like seeing clubs field crap teams when they don't need to. We didn't need to. We should have played the first XI and gone for it.

Positivity breeds positive results

Well done. You have picked one penalty. Even King Al missed a penalty.

I recall him being fairly clinical during the 2000/2001 season. Hence he took them all.

Sorry he also missed one against villa in a 3-1 defeat and against Newcastle when we were beaten 2-0 by them under Keans reign on our way down - anyway we could discuss this as long as you like. If you dally about with a penalty like he did then there is always a chance you're going to make yourself look a tw*t - Dunn has done that one a few occasions and clearly hasn't learnt from it.

He strolled up to the ball like it was a training session - I really have no sympathy for players that sod about trying to be clever instead of putting their laces through it

In some respects had Arsenal never happened, then Millwall at home would never of happened!

Lets see where we are around Christmas, if we're mid table then we can have a go at the FA Cup (like last year) but this stretch of League games (Aug-Dec) is where promotion, or survival, foundations need to be laid.

I don't see us having any promotion or relegation worries Rog. Hence the cups offered a great distraction from the mundane

Blue and White Army show me one positive post you have wrote?? You would be better suited as a glory hunter because at Rovers you going to get the good bad and the ugly

What's positive about being knocked out of the cup by a 3rd rate bunch of cloggers.....remind me when we last won a game under bowyer.....? He had a chance here to get a win, start the ball rolling as it were......but no, underestimated the opposition and overestimated his squad.....most of whom are destined for league one....

On of the 1000 fans who ventured North last night along with Preston Blue.

We were never going to win on the penalty lottery.

Rovers at time played some good stuff, some bad stuff, some truly awful stuff and then some better stuff. It was a mixed old bag of a match.

I have read a number of interesting points and for what its worth heres mine.

Morris is NOT a left back.

Dunn looks fitter than ever however he took a lazy penalty that ultimately played the biggest part of our downfall.

Olsson was poor especially against players of Carliles level.

Givet has his head elsewhere.

Cairney looked a class apart.

Still no service to Rhodes ( I know we were on 10 men but still he never got a sniff).

Kane had little support in front of him caused by Taylors marauding. Together they caused havoc both in carlisles defence and ours !

Songo looked ok and settled well.

King is the rolls Royce who doesn't know how to be driven correctly. His speed is Ferrari like but his finishing is fiat style !

Rovers tried the Barca route without a forward up front. It wont work unless you have quality on the ball. Rovers learned last night that they need a link player behind the forward if they play 1 up front.

If Olsson continues to play it should be as a left back.

Other than that, kean ground but a good meat and tata pie !"

*** Forgot to mention the moronic element following Rovers who set the flare off. We don't want you following our team you are a complete set of KEANS***

I thought the biggest part of our downfall was the sending off of our best player. King, I don't like him, fast but little else, at fault for their second was it. He does not even use his speed when he should you can count on him losing every one on one. Songo, totally unconvinced, looks clumsy. I thought we played some nice stuff at times let's hope that sort of play continues. Cairney, very very impressed with him. I think we will be alright, don't really care we went out of this competition.

Forgot to mention although we lost I quite enjoyed the game, really enjoyed the wat we knocked it about at times. Thought Carlisle played to their strengths was very impress with the young full back. Good entertainment for me anyway

Two and a half years ago we would have put out a reserve team that would have beaten Carlisle with ease. The worrying thing is Bowyers inability to put out a side organised enough, to stop a team like little Carlisle scoring three times against us.

Is it still seeded?

It must be a generational thing but the friends I go to football with are all of, shall we say, a certain age and to us getting knocked out of any cup has never been a good thing. We simply hate seeing the Rovers lose be it League, Cup, Reserve or youth level.

By watching them....we are kean and you sound like old Stevie....

I think it was more shebby singh like, you sound more and more nixon like

Im not happy with uesterdays result or the team selection all im pointing out is that that was far from our first team who will actually do really well in the league this year

Lol been awake since 4am so in 5th gear now...so your sayind after watching the Derby game you think we wont even challenge for playoffs?

Personally, I think if we finish in a comfortable mid-table position Gary will have done exceptionally well considering the quality of the squad and lack of finances available to him.

Just to add to comments on the ref, absolutely diabolical. Gives them a free kick for a perfectly fine challenge, seconds later ignores a blatant foul on our guy, then books Cairney for complaining. Spends the rest of the game not giving us a single decision, tolerating all manner of verbals and fouls from Carlisle, and then wakes up again to send Cairney off. Biggest homer I've seen in a long time. Fat, lardy waste of space.

And I thought it was just me. Foul against Dunny when he would have been through one on one with the keeper, similar incident not given against them then the duly hit the post. It just seemed lopsided but he did give us a penalty which Dunny promptly passed to their keeper.

Archived