BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the majority of fans don't think we will be fighting relegation or pushing for the play offs, but who knows. I suppose at the end of the season we will look back and decide wether going out of the cup made any difference.

I know the majority of fans don't think we will be fighting relegation or pushing for the play offs, but who knows. I suppose at the end of the season we will look back and decide wether going out of the cup made any difference.

I think most teams play sub standard teams in the League Cup , especially the early rounds ...

If they win the round they go through but I think the majority of clubs are not at all bothered !

Normally it's teams that have other things to worry about that play a second string. We don't have anything to think about apart from mid table mediocrity bordering on relegation, so I would have liked a cup run....they were the best nights when we were in the old 2nd division...drawing a top side and giving them a run for their money....how arrogant of Bowyer to deny us this....

A part of me is encouraged by the fact we've turned in 2 fairly good performances (based on perceived X1 ability) without yet playing in front of a home crowd.

We have played well. But a draw and a loss against sides we are better than are not good results. Really disappointed we went out of league cup so early. Good cup runs are great for confidence and supporters. GB should not have played such a dodgy defence. With Fann, Hanley and Kean we'd have won.

I thought that was obvious but I will spell it out if needs be.

My point being is that you constantly berate Jason Lowe. I think it is unfair but I don't reply to it. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Suddenly somebody else unfairly criticises another player on here and you are really annoyed by it. So much so you wish to discuss matters with said person face to face.

I thought it was rather ironic coming from yourself! You are clearly clearly culpable of the very thing you are accusing another of.

And to bring it back onto topic, I thought Jason Lowe had a cracking game when he came on at half time last night

We'll let me spell this out, seeing as you take so much notice of my posts.

I don't berate Jason Lowe, the last time I spoke of him on here, it was giving him credit for his performance against Derby. Prior to that, I only said what I saw. Hardly 'unfair' as the boy has proved nothing in almost 2 seasons. Plain honesty doesn't seem to go down too well on here, though.

Following that point I shan't elaborate on why others opinions of Eastwood differ to mine of Lowe.

Proving the legitimacy of what I posted is possibly the most boring thing I've ever done...

Let's not waste each other's time again.

• Backroom

carling_cup_2002_blackburn_rovers_gi_rf_

I wonder how many of the "I'm not that bothered we were knocked out" crew were there that day? Shame on them

I was :) and I don't think it's a case of not being bothered. It's more a case of 'we should've won, shame we didn't, you can't change history, move on'.

carling_cup_2002_blackburn_rovers_gi_rf_

I wonder how many of the "I'm not that bothered we were knocked out" crew were there that day? Shame on them

Nobody was bothered that year either until the semi-finals.

I do understand the logic of really going for it in cup competitions. Because nobody else goes for it then it means that if you're a halfway decent team, you've got a good chance of going quite far. But for some reason I still find myself less disappointed about Wednesday than if we'd lost a league match. Very hard to explain why. Could be its a habit of not valuing the cup that's hard to get out of. Or maybe its the perception that if we're drawn against a PL team away, we'll get knocked out anyway. The second explains why most aren't bothered now, but it didn't necessarily apply when we were in the PL and nobody was that bothered then either.

I wonder if those of us (like myself) who say "we aren't bothered" are perhaps overstating our indifference in an attempt to mitigate the overly aggressive (imo) criticism of Gary Bowyer? Of course i care that we got beat but in the bigger picture i was encouraged to see that we do actually now have more than 11 players willing and capable of wearing the shirt - the majority are young and in terms of a long term rebuild (provided we don't go tits up financially) it feels promising as a foundation for a decent championship squad. Bowyer although lacking experience is a football man who seems to have the players on his side, seems to have adressed fitness issues (to a point) and has identified the same flaws in the squad that fans have talked about whilst attempting to shift the remnants of some dodgy recruitment and questionable contracts.

In relation to that - this game is unimportant provided the encouraging signs continue and results follow.

I got a brief review from an old friend and long-time Carlisle season ticket holder. Thought it might be of interest:

One of the most enjoyable footy games I've been to in years - and not just because we won. The first half was fairly even but we were really under the cosh in the second half. Rovers had a lot of pace and passed the ball quickly and on the floor which we found difficult to deal with. I dont know if you had anything like a full strength team out. I was not much impressed by Dunn and Rhodes was better when he came on for him in extra time. The players who impressed me most were the winger Chris Taylor ( we know him of old from his days at Oldham and he always scores against us ) - who was the best player on the park - Cairney ( who stupidly got his 2nd yellow for pulling the shorts of a Utd player having already been booked for dissent ), KIng ( who was like grease lightning ) and GK Eastwood who made several outstanding saves, including a point blank header he pushed onto a post in the 90th minute which would otherwise won it for us in normal time. We missed our 1st pen and Taylor ( of all people ) and Morris missed your 4th and 5th pens. Incidentally Matt Jansen did the half time draw and got a great reception from both sets of fans. We have Leicester at home in the next round at home.

So your threatening a ban over slagging venkys ?

Wow

You commenting and on my case over and over again is repetitive n all

Just saying

Nothing we can do. You can kick and scream all you want but as we have found out, it's falling on deaf ears. It's tiresome hearing you constantly going on about your hatred for Venky's. We all hate them, but we don't need a reminder every time you post something about it. Stick it in your signature, it'll save you from typing it out every post you make.

Oh and just for the record, this isn't a Venky love-in. I despise them as much as you and anyone else!

Nothing we can do. You can kick and scream all you want but as we have found out, it's falling on deaf ears. It's tiresome hearing you constantly going on about your hatred for Venky's. We all hate them, but we don't need a reminder every time you post something about it. Stick it in your signature, it'll save you from typing it out every post you make.

Oh and just for the record, this isn't a Venky love-in. I despise them as much as you and anyone else!

You mistake me for someone who cares what you think.

If you hate make yourself heard then!!

I do, at every home game. Unfortunately, nobody hears me or you on a messageboard. Something you fail to understand. Must be stupidity or pure ignorance. You decide.

tell you what have a look fro me at donny and call me stupid or ignorent to my face.

• Moderation Lead

Not even sure what you're on about- there was nothing like a Venky's love in, they're universally hated by all Rovers fans, anyone who praises them, on here especially is on a wind-up.

Everybody heard you the first time.

Archived