BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carlisle United, Away, League Cup

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't really care less about the result. Much rather we focus on the league.

We haven't been great but shown in patches that we are a better team. Dunn has been the best player shortly followed by Taylor who has impressed. Kane, Givet and Morris aren't doing well. Songo'o looks fairly composed but we are losing every high ball into our box. Olsson has been very poor. King has at least done a bit more then on Sunday. Cairney is a bit lightweight but is linking up with Dunn quite well.

All in all, not terrible. Get Best on for King and Judge for Olsson and I think we'll score.

Totally underwhelmed by that 1st half performance.

Apart from the odd flash from Dunn, Cairney & Taylor, there's been absolutely nothing.

We are lucky not to be 2 or 3 goals down and this does not augur well for the rest of the season.

Defensively, we are a shambles with precious little in midfield and even less up front.

Its a close game, but I think the fact the players haven't really played together hasn't helped in terms of preparation. I guess that's to be expected at this point of the season, but from this first half's performance I'm not sure where King fits in really. Not sure he's a winger, he's not really a striker either - you wonder where you can play him really.

Second half, King off, Best on. Also take Olsson off and bring Nunes on, and get him and Taylor to stick to the wings and fire crosses in. Might get a bit more joy then...

Awful first half but still think we're showing most of the time that we're a much better team than Carlisle.

Need to make use of that decent looking bench fast though.

Agree with the consensus that King is utter crap, if he can't even compete against League One opposition then he's no hope at all.

Too much fannying about in the first half. Midfield looking weak and lightweight. Cairney has shown flashes of brilliance, but, just like Marrow, keeps losing the ball. Dunn's been quite lively, though.

Songo'o looks weak in the air, but I do have a feeling that he'll become a cult icon.

As for Eastwood - poor display so far, the boy's looking nervous.

Just saw the goal again on the replay and nobody was stood on the posts! Thats basic routine for a corner! Givet's heart isn't in it, Eastwood is dreadful, Dunn has misplaced loads of passes, don't get me started on Marrow or King. Cairney looks impressive and has been making a few good passes and has a composed touch. Taylor has played well too, he tracks back but can cross. I think King needs to be subbed sharpish and replace him with Best or Rhodes. COYB :glare:

Archived