BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation?

Steve Davies from Bristol City apparently. Not done much since winning the world snooker title in the 80s.

Just checked, they're 7/2 to go down with betvictor, hope they start well and the odds drift then I'll get on. Rovers 20/1 to go up, 14/1 to go down, about right IMO. Zamora 29/1 to be top scorer looks a good bet to me.

Thank God no one posted on here that Blackburn Rovers will be one of the teams who will get relegated. I'm surprised JAL or the others haven't popped up in here to say that (not a dig at them, please don't be offended), but maybe they aren't that pessimistic.

To be fair we look like a bang average championship team one that will be hoping for (but not confident of) a promotion push, but should be more than safe.

The usual Rovers tactic of having more teams worse than us to go down looks like it remains intact this season. I tip Burnley, Doncaster, Yeovil, Huddersfield and Blackpool to be in the mix for relegation before we are.

Blackpool - Ince is a tool - and ok they've signed a couple of decent players, but they've also lost a lot of decent players too. Big changes combined with Ince's managerial genius should see them struggle, regardless of Tom Ince's ability.

Will Rovers be involved in a relegation scrap. I think that's only possible if one of two things happen:

1) we sell Rhodes and don't replace him/replace him badly. (We don't necessarily need a 20+ goal striker, someone who brings the team into the game more and contributes 10 goals himself could be equally valuable).

2) Venkeys do a couple more of their wonder moves. Shebby gets involved, behind the scenes unrest etc. which spills out onto the pitch.

Palace, Sunderland, Hull

Blackpool, Yeovil, Doncaster

If anyone is mad enough to fancy Rovers to go close wo winning the league then they should be looking at the handicap markets. 22/1 with a 12 point start.

If we don't start we'll we could easily go down. Still no proper management at the club and now even more of a bloated squad with potential for conflict between new players on low wages and more established players on a fortune and probably not playing. Doesn't look pretty.

Guest Norbert

Blackpool, Yeovil and.........Burnley as things stand. Ince Jnr. will probably go this or the next window, and Ince Snr. will work his magic and not see any of his son's transfer fee. Burnley look very dodgy in terms of where the goals are coming from as the top 3 scorers from last season have all gone.

I think Blackpool will realise what a mistake they've made fairly quickly, sack Ince and get someone competent in to see them out of trouble in the second half of the season.

Oystons dont like sacking people.

Donny, Yeovil and a mad fight for the other spot involving 6 or 7 teams.

Relegated from PL, Palace, Cardiff and one of Sunderland / Soton / Norwich / Hull.

Archived