BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have we got our Rovers back?

Are we right to feel optimistic?

We've got a great couple of kits IMO, stability with Gary Bowyer and his team, seemingly no idiots behind the scenes and a squad which looks capable with a couple of creative additions of making a successful promotion challenge. Is it time to perhaps relax a little and get back to enjoying our football, win lose or draw?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, we have got our rovers back, venky`s have finally learned and we are a proper football club again and it`s showing now on the field. we CAN be successful under venky`s ownership provided they remain in the background as mere observers and backers, no more shebby and no more fanfare type visits in fancy cars.

NOW GET YOUR ASSES BACK TO EWOOD ASAP! :)

It's the hope that gets you. These Venky idiots are always an interview away from screwing everything up. Lets just enjoy a rare good day being a Rovers fan today and tentatively move forwards. But, keep your guard up for more Venky madness.

Surely everyone eventually learns from their mistakes? Even our hapless owners!

It makes you wonder how long it took to realise if you put 2 cocks in a pen with no chickens you're never going to get any eggs!!!

I was very happy with today but it's a draw and a good performance nothing more. Decent signings and a likeable manager granted but let's stay calm eh?

Let's discuss this at the end of a promotion chasing season... Hopefully.

Getting carried away, Derby were a poor outfit I felt. If we can have a good follow up performance against forest, then fair enough...but this was a draw against a bang average side.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. My point wasn't just about today's game against a poor side, albeit with one of the best home records in The Championship last season, more about the whole feel about the place.

I was only thinking today what with Anderson, Kean, Agnew and Shebby gone; a manager who bleeds blue and white (albeit a rookie); the league's top scorer; a bunch of new signings and a young, hungry, fit team, what else people are expecting to happen before we can get back to feeling good about supporting the Rovers?

Apart from Venky's not yet selling to God-knows-who and boohoo we ain't in the prem and can't see Lamps and Wazza every other week, I really don't see what I'm supposed to be angry about now.

That phrase has confused me from the first moment it was sung. What is our Rovers? Rovers natural state is mid-table/bottom half Championship. Is that what people have been calling for the last 3 years? Cause I thought they were calling for the 2001-10 Rovers. A club punching above its weight due to an excellent chairman who almost always hired excellent managers, owners who provided steady small-scale financial assistance but otherwise stayed out of things, and players of real quality who were bought for good value and then often sold on at a profit.

Well I hate to be a grump but we don't have any of those things now. We have a Preston-reject chairman who couldn't bring a manager of proven quality to the club if his life depended on it. Owners who value-wise have sold more players than they've bought, and who have failed to back Bowyer in the transfer market this summer. And a team increasingly filled with Championship grafters on free transfers. If you're talking about 1970-90 Rovers, then yeah its looking more likely by the day that we have that back. Not sure anyone wanted it but there ya go.

Otherwise all that's changed is the people at the club who were total Keans are no longer here or are keeping quiet at the moment. Having no obvious idiocy going on at a club might seem like an achievement after what we've had to put up with, but it isn't one. 95% of clubs can say the same. I suppose what I'm getting at is that we used to be great, then we were a laughing stock, now we're just run-of-the-mill. Seems like everyone started out wanting the first version back, but are now settling for the third.

I was only thinking today what with Anderson, Kean, Agnew and Shebby gone; a manager who bleeds blue and white (albeit a rookie); the league's top scorer; a bunch of new signings and a young, hungry, fit team, what else people are expecting to happen before we can get back to feeling good about supporting the Rovers?

Apart from Venky's not yet selling to God-knows-who and boohoo we ain't in the prem and can't see Lamps and Wazza every other week, I really don't see what I'm supposed to be angry about now.

+1

About sums it up for me.

For me "Our Rovers" never went away. It still is and always will be the same Club it's been since 1875. The identity of the personnel running the Club or the players playing in the blue and white halves are largely irrelevant to that extent.

The exception to that would be Jack Walker who of course put his heart and soul and a large chunk of his personal fortune into transforming the Club and exceeding everyone's wildest dreams.

However if people are feeling a little happier in general with all things Rovers related currently I'm pleased to hear that.

SKH, for me some sense of normality will do, something we can get behind and enjoy and be proud to be associated with rather than be the butt of every buggers jokes.

I think we've lived the dream and now back to reality. No point whinging or blaming anyone, it's just a fact of life!

I think we've lived the dream and now back to reality. No point whinging or blaming anyone, it's just a fact of life!

Maybe you're right but I find it hard to see it that way. This is Venkys fault, I blame them entirely. I also think money can solve almost anything in football and Venkys have lots of it. So I don't see our predicament as inevitable, its a choice Venkys have made of damage limitation as opposed to attempting to fix things.

I would like to join the positive side but it seems to me that the 2 main motivations for being positive are a belief that we can get promoted or an attitude of having had enough of being angry at Venkys. Well personally I don't think we've got a hope in hell of going up and I can't let them off, I'll hate them every second they're at this club until they get us back where we were when they arrived, which they'll never do.

I'll hate them every second they're at this club until they get us back where we were when they arrived, which they'll never do.

how do you know that? nevermind, don`t bother answering..

nice to see though that currently the entire first page of the brfcs forum is almost clear of rovers trust/brag/anti-venky`s threads finally and the bulk of emphasis seems to be on our football team again. progress.

Maybe you're right but I find it hard to see it that way. This is Venkys fault, I blame them entirely. I also think money can solve almost anything in football and Venkys have lots of it. So I don't see our predicament as inevitable, its a choice Venkys have made of damage limitation as opposed to attempting to fix things.

I would like to join the positive side but it seems to me that the 2 main motivations for being positive are a belief that we can get promoted or an attitude of having had enough of being angry at Venkys. Well personally I don't think we've got a hope in hell of going up and I can't let them off, I'll hate them every second they're at this club until they get us back where we were when they arrived, which they'll never do.

That's a long time to be angry.

Since Venky's came along another 8 clubs have also been relegated, including two well run North West teams who were also established in the prem. Who are their fans supposed to be angry at?

Patrick has hit the nail on the head.

Let's be happy the summer improvement and a positive start of the season.

And while I think Gary Bowyer has what it takes, I'm praying that Shaw and our owners remain silent. They are perfectly capable of wrecking the mood.

It's a good job ABBEY is on holiday!

Like Revidge I feel it always has been and will be our club. In terms of where we are I agree entirely with SKH.

There was no need for this mess, no need for relegation, no need for the last 30+ months to happen.

Blackburn Rovers is a shadow of its former self, there is little joy in being at Ewood these days. Financially we are screwed for years to come. If by some miracle promotion is achieved we would need another squad rebuild. The club is still not prepared for the Championship UNLESS the truth is Venkys have settled for second best.

How anyone can feel things have somehow improved is beyond me.

Venkys OUT.

I hope you're right Stuart. For me a large part comes from the divide Venkys have driven between the club and the support. I feel disconnected and have no feeling of excitement though I admit to checking the scores twice yesterday.

I still haven't bought the STs and as far as I'm aware the only real changes at Ewood are GB is permanent, Murphy and Givet have gone, Judge has been signed. Best news of the summer being Shabby seems to have disappeared for good.

If GB gives us some good football to watch it will make a huge change but I can't see us going anywhere soon.

Archived