BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Tomlinson death

9 kids to support in London with no real income stream is irresponsible and selfish. I have little time for people who choose to live a parasitical lifestyle by having many more children than they can reasonably support and who do it as an alternative income stream to working.

As to 'what business is it of mine'??? Maybe you should see my tax bill. If I wasn't stumping up for ever increasing welfare payments for others then maybe I'd be able to spend more on my own kids and give them a better start in life!

Dear me what rubbish this is, its just the anti benefits propaganda that you must read (and sadly believe) in the S*n and the Mail. If some one is living on benefits then they are living in poverty do you not understand that ? It is not the life of luxury that you seem to think that it is.

Before I respond to the second part of your post I would be interested to know how many children you have?

The cop involved had plenty of previous form in this respect. He was a thug looking to vent his spleen on whoever got in his way. His conduct on that day is indefensible.

Plod was guilty of a push and nothing more. He didn't strike the bloke about the head or the upper body did he? He had no way of knowing that from his push Tomlinson would go down like a sack of spuds cos he was so @#/? that he hadn't even the wit to his hands out of his pockets. Anybody obstructing the police on an occasion like that after being repeatedly told to move out of the way needed pushing out of the way. How else do you expect the police to 'police' such situations?

I've no great respect for the police but I recognise that their job is not to pussyfoot around and can be difficult and can depend frequently of spur of the moment decisions that no amount of training can foresee. I imagine a soldiers lot is very similar. Those who sit in armchairs pontificating rights and wrongs whilst given the fullness of time to consider all the issues are prob the first to run to the police at the drop of a hat.

....... if you do something that directly leads to the end of someone else's life you go to prison, that's the law in this country. Unless you wear a police uniform, apparently.

Jeru I thought you had high tailed off to somewhere or other on the dark continent that Godfrey Bloom recently vaguely described as bongo bongo land? I rem you couldn't wait to wash the dust of Britain off your feet never to return. What happened?

Plod was guilty of a push and nothing more. He didn't strike the bloke about the head or the upper body did he? He had no way of knowing that from his push Tomlinson would go down like a sack of spuds cos he was so keaned that he hadn't even the wit to his hands out of his pockets. Anybody obstructing the police on an occasion like that after being repeatedly told to move out of the way needed pushing out of the way. How else do you expect the police to 'police' such situations?

I've no great respect for the police but I recognise that their job is not to pussyfoot around and can be difficult and can depend frequently of spur of the moment decisions that no amount of training can foresee. I imagine a soldiers lot is very similar. Those who sit in armchairs pontificating rights and wrongs whilst given the fullness of time to consider all the issues are prob the first to run to the police at the drop of a hat.

If this was totally out of character you'd have a case but it wasn't. The cop involved had a history of losing it.

I didn't see a "push and nothing more" if that's what you mean.

And even if it had been a shove, it was completely unprovoked. Tomlinson was not being aggressive, nor were the policemen fighting off a mob of protesters at that time. It was clearly the actions of a copper with a short fuse and a history of violence who wasn't fit for purpose.

Plod was guilty of a push and nothing more. He didn't strike the bloke about the head or the upper body did he? He had no way of knowing that from his push Tomlinson would go down like a sack of spuds cos he was so keaned that he hadn't even the wit to his hands out of his pockets.

Know its not a funny subject but some of the stuff you say doesn't half make me chuckle.

I slightly see your point but at worst Tomlinson was just drunk and being a bit childishly, harmlessly awkward. That to me should never warrant an aggressive response, the guy was about as threatening as a sack of spuds as well as going down like one. I used to have your attitude to the police before having a few too many experiences with terrible ones. Like any form of authority there needs to be a balancing act between the public permitting a reasonable leniency to allow the job to be done, and the authority in question conducting themselves in an entirely responsible way to ensure that leniency isn't abused. Too many coppers for me are quick to forget who their real employers are.

Jeru I thought you had high tailed off to somewhere or other on the dark continent that Godfrey Bloom recently vaguely described as bongo bongo land? I rem you couldn't wait to wash the dust of Britain off your feet never to return. What happened?

Still in the process of extricating myself from my business, unfortunately. I split time between here and home, but the nature of the work makes it difficult to simply sell the company to someone with no experience in the industry and I can't, in good conscience, close down and allow 14 people to lose their jobs.

Thanks for asking.

As for Godfrey Bloom, until just now I was blissfully unaware of the man's existence. Having acquainted myself with his position and his views, I think he is rather an irrelevance. His opinions on a range of matters mark him out as a man with a very narrow, ill-informed view on the world, and when even he has expressed regret over a comment and Nigel Farage has asked that it not be repeated I can only think that it must have been a particularly poor piece of judgment on his part to articulate it in the first place.

I must admit though, I take no offence at the phrase bongo bongo land. Such fools are best treated with the contempt they so richly deserve and to engage them in serious debate only serves as validation for them.

Archived