BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will we ever get back to the PL ?

I'm sorry but I just can't see it, with this squad of gutless , players who just won't put in a good shift of 100% every game, they don't seem comfortable on the ball.

In fact, take out Rhodes and we'll do a Wolves, we need to keep hold of him, but our owners will probably sell him on transfer deadline day, so we can't get a replacement .

Bowyer is only a cheap option , we need someone who knows what there doing, that can build a squad to get us up, the problem is no one will probably come to do it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me mid table this season and two one decent cup runs would be an achievement after the FA approved destruction of our club (Burnley (the silence) Bob must be so proud of his FA tie) , If ownership stays as it currently seems and the chains don't appear on the gates , think in future seasons we may flirt with the play offs ala Don Mackay period (fondly remember that period, forever hopeful ) and if we do go up become a yo-yo club.

I'm sorry but I just can't see it, with this squad of gutless , players who just won't put in a good shift of 100% every game, they don't seem comfortable on the ball.

In fact, take out Rhodes and we'll do a Wolves, we need to keep hold of him, but our owners will probably sell him on transfer deadline day, so we can't get a replacement .

Bowyer is only a cheap option , we need someone who knows what there doing, that can build a squad to get us up, the problem is no one will probably come to do it.

The thread title says "Will we ever get back to the PL ?"

not with this squad,

so the answer must be YES

Something that should have been thought about when we started replacing quality players, with cheap and hungry players from the lower leagues around the world.

Due to the poor quality of this league, we might get another chance some day - assuming our financial crisis (and I think it is that) doesn't account for us in the meantime. Whether we can ever become more than one season wonders in the PL, is another matter altogether. The Venky's have done this club over for a long, long time in my opinion and that's why this particular supporter, of 52 years of some fabulous memories - and some not so fabulous memories, finds it so difficult to sit and watch.

Yes, of course we can return, even with an apparently mediocre squad of players. Plenty of clubs have won promotion in the past few years with teams of hard-working, well-organised players. The key to promotion is the quality of the manager. Have we unearthed a gem in Bowyer? Only time will tell.

Who knows? When we went down in 65-66 it took a quarter of a century to get back. Preston went down in 1960 and have never been back to the top flight. There doesn't seem any prospect of an immediate return because there are so many things working against us. I agree with den that the damage done over the past couple of years by the present owners is not going to be repaired anytime soon. I think what irks so much with older supporters is that we know how hard it was to return to top flight football after 65-66, indeed but for Jack we might never have done so, and the fact that the present owners tossed it all away without seeming to have a clue what they were doing is what many of us find difficult, if not impossible, to forgive. One day, one hopes to see the club back in the top flight, as I'm sure many North End fans did in 1960, but in the meantime one has to make the best of what we have now - a middling Championship club.

I think what irks so much with older supporters is that we know how hard it was to return to top flight football after 65-66, indeed but for Jack we might never have done so

Came close a few times under Don Mackay, and those were probably my favourite years as a Rovers supporter.

I honestly think in 20 years time they'll be no Blackburn Rovers, I think we'll have to start from the beginning.

dingle

• Moderation Lead

Far worse squads than ours have been promoted in recent times. You just need a bit of momentum IMO.

Saying that, I'm not expecting it, but we'll see what happens.....

I don't go to too many games anymore, until the players can be arsed to put a shift in again.

when they do the fans may come back, tbh I think we'd be better off with Kean back.

You were doing alright until this comment.....

I think we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of this season.

But the point is, we really MUST go up this season or there is a very real risk that we'll be lost in the Championship wilderness.

And even then, going up is half of the job - the other half is staying up.

I don't go to too many games anymore, until the players can be arsed to put a shift in again.

when they do the fans may come back, tbh I think we'd be better off with Kean back.

I can only assume you're being sarcastic...?

Probably not in my lifetime 40+ but you never know. I wonder how many people expected Swindon, Barnsley, Bradford and Hull to get a taste of it.

Maybe the FFP rules will totally kill off Town teams getting a sniff.

Must be quiet on Burnley Mad today?

Dingle alert.

Well what do you want me to say ?

Do you honestly think we've improved since he left ?

Do you not think he was just a scapegoat with everything that was surrounding the club ?

Please.........I'd love to know.

Well what do you want me to say ?

Do you honestly think we've improved since he left ?

Do you not think he was just a scapegoat with everything that was surrounding the club ?

Please.........I'd love to know.

We don't expect you to say anything. Just clear off back to Clarets Mad.

Archived