BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortress Ewood home win as it should be for every home game.

Kane needs to pull his socks up and get on his game for this one, Lowe, can he hit the opponents eighteen yard line and stop slowing the play down by passing backwards, can Marrow judge the flight of a cross properly and not loose his man in the process, plus can King play effective football and use his pace to good effect.

No excuses.

Surely King will not grace the pitch again for some time to come. Useless.

Key thing in this game, DO NOT CONCEDE FIRST (or preferably not at all).

Secondly, midfield will be where the game is won and lost. If we can close down as quickly as we did at Derby and get the ball forward quickly then we'll have a chance.

If we defend as well as we did at Derby and play at the same tempo as we have so far, it should bring a result.

1-1

Someone was asking earlier (can't be arsed to look back) why on earth we needed another CM. Second match of the season and we couldn't half do with one right now.

Key thing in this game, DO NOT CONCEDE FIRST (or preferably not at all).

Secondly, midfield will be where the game is won and lost. If we can close down as quickly as we did at Derby and get the ball forward quickly then we'll have a chance.

If we defend as well as we did at Derby and play at the same tempo as we have so far, it should bring a result.

1-1

Agree 100%...how many times have we started a game, good atmpsphere, backing the team and within MINUTES be 1-0 down! uphill climb from the start, almost like startin 1-0 down we conceed so early..first 20-25 mins are crucial, in there faces, closing down and passing to a blue and white shirt!

Agree 100%...how many times have we started a game, good atmpsphere, backing the team and within MINUTES be 1-0 down! uphill climb from the start, almost like startin 1-0 down we conceed so early..first 20-25 mins are crucial, in there faces, closing down and passing to a blue and white shirt!

Yeah, we start off easy peasy too often. Very rarely do we start off at a high tempo. While I'm on where's Etuhu ? Is he the new Grella ?

• Backroom

Forest will be up there at the end of the season and have one of the best managers in the league.Think they'll snatch it.

Yep wee billy is a good un

Something that has frustrated me for too long. Should have been 3-0 up in the first half hour against Derby. I don't anticipate that we'll get the same joy against Forest but if chances come our way early on, we need to take them. Far too often are we having to play our way back into games. Even when we do get early goals, we concede too many later equalisers, last year was ridiculous in that respect. A solid performance is what I'm looking for, I'm not even interested in how well we play particularly... I just want to see a tidy performance that ends in points.

Yeah, we start off easy peasy too often. Very rarely do we start off at a high tempo.

Started that way against Derby, undone by individual error. We looked difficult to break down, hopefully that carries on.

Tommy Spurr - 1 game for the club is a regular?

He will be but its an odd phrase still considering

that can be taken further 1 game for the club and he can probably consider himself absolutely vital and almost certainly in the top 5 players here. He was great very solid composed and his throw ins look way better than pedersens attempts.

Guarenteed starter, left back a position we needn't concern ourselves with again

We will do well to avoid defeat against Forest ...

Strong team good impact manager , thinking to myself playing them at the wrong time !

Hope springs eternal but I have my doubts for this game !

I tipped Forest to be champions and i suspect they will be especially if Harry throws the toys out at QPR !

Forest will be a very tough game. I would take a draw in this one. Good manager and a decent set of players.

Can anyone round up their transfer business? Know they've signed Mackie and Wilson but the rest have passed me by. Know they've lost Sharp so arguably they are not particularly much stronger than last year.

Will be a tough game tomorrow- we'll try and play nice football, it seems that this is how Bowyer wants us to play. I'm just worried about who we're going to play in the creative role in midfield. We looked a very good side vs Derby until Rochina got injured, then we seemed to revert to Appletonesque tactics with Best and Rhodes up top. Dunn has to start for me as as we need that creativity otherwise we'll be far too predictable. In all honesty I'd have rather have Rhodes got injured last week than Rochina- I think it'll really affect our style of play. Anyone know if the games being shown abroad anywhere?

Rovers team I think Bowyer will pick be in 4-4-2 formation is:- Kean; Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Judge, Lowe, Marrow, Taylor; Best, Rhodes.

I think Rovers will look to get more crosses into the box at every opportunity

IMO, you cant play Dunn in the centre of midfield cos he is too slow and not mobile enough now to be proper centre midfielder like before.

I think Rovers will win 2-1 with Rhodes and Best scoring.

I just really hope that ALL FANS get behind the team and don't stop moaning after few minutes. Fans need to be patience with the team.

Rovers team I think Bowyer will pick be in 4-4-2 formation is:- Kean; Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr; Judge, Lowe, Marrow, Taylor; Best, Rhodes.

I think Rovers will look to get more crosses into the box at every opportunity

How on earth can Rovers ever concede another goal with those defensive midfield superstars Lowe and Marrow in the side.

Honestly have no clue how this will go tomorrow, Forest were my ante post tip for the Title for betting purposes, so I think tomorrow will be a useful guide to our prospects. Beat or give a very good account of ourselves tomorrow and we could be in for a good season as I think anyone finishing above Forest will be promoted.

Interesting to see Derbyshire may start for the visitors tomorrow. Very under-rated by Allardyce and many of the fans imo.

Archived