BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

Donny are there for the taking tonight. Rovers really need to hit the ground running though or they will get caught out by a weaker team i.e. Carlisle.

My team would be:

Kean

Kane

Hanley

Dann

Spurr

Taylor

Lowe

Cairney

Judge

Dunn

Rhodes

If Evans is fit then I would stick him in for Lowe but I suspect Bowyer will want to ease him in. In the short time they were on the pitch together I thought Lowe coped better when playing alongside Cairney. I don't feel that Best offers enough.

The biggest problem is Rochina missing. Dunn can last 60 minutes max before he loses his effectiveness IMO but he is just about the only option available to play that position off Rhodes. Unfortunately I just don't see Best working well enough with Rhodes for chances to be created frequently enough.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cairney's set pieces were superb Vs Carlisle so that's encouraging.....

I thought one of the positives from last Saturday was Judges ability to deliver a good set piece also.

Donny are there for the taking tonight. Rovers really need to hit the ground running though or they will get caught out by a weaker team i.e. Carlisle.

My team would be:

Kean

Kane

Hanley

Dann

Spurr

Taylor

Lowe

Cairney

Judge

Dunn

Rhodes

i would go with this team

hopefully kill the game off before half time, allowing for Dunn to only play 60 mins....

ill be there - not to sure bout the tea-time drive over the Penines, but hey-ho

My first game this season ... Who is Evans ? We must of signed him whilst I was away? Is songooooooo'oooo permanent ?

What's parking like around the ground?

Abbs. a Donny fan offered some guidance on this thread......... http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29668-doncaster-away-help-advice-here/ . A local I worked with told me there was parking near the ground on industrial units' car parks - expect to pay about a fiver. Apparently getting away after the game might be a bit of a pain though.

I know this could be a banana skin and with the fans behind them they might create a few chances but if we want to be pushing for top 10+ these are the games we need to win... I think JR will score first and then Judge will score quickly after and it will end 2-0

I would start with:

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Marrow Cairney

Judge Dunn King

Rhodes

Best can come on if needed, Lowe aswell and Taylor

I think he'll play Kean/ Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr/ Taylor, Cairney, Lowe, Judge/ Best and Rhodes. Although I'd prefer Dunn to Best. Will see how Lowe does with Cairney next to him but would be nice to see Evans.

Think we'll win or hope we'll win 3-1! Cairney set piece, Rhodes header and a Best tap in :) in no particular order.

put the strongest 11 possible out with the most goals in them is what I want definitely don't start King and Lowe or even Marrow. And definitely don't play Rhodes and Best together.

Kane.........Dann.................Hanley..................Spurr

.......................Evans.................

Taylor...........................Dunn.........................Judge

.........................Cairney..........................

......................................Rhodes..............................

Considering we have not had a clean sheet for 19 games i'd prefer to have more skillfull footballers with a degree of composure in the middle of the park. The tactic of Lowe + another we have employed for way too long doesn't work not really winning the ball back as we are constantly cut apart and giving it away in possession.

A few years ago we were saying such things for games vs Aston Villa or Sunderland....now its Doncaster....

Lose today and this MB will be on suicide watch. Big game and a game we should be winning comfortably if we are to avoid relegation.

We should be winning this game, simple as that. I don't want to be negative, but if we don't win this game, then the momentum and feelings of last season will coming rushing back I fear and we will be struggling for a first win for a few weeks to come. It's a big game this.

I'm assuming the bet365 stream is above board and can be mentioned on this site.

That said, has anyone worked out how to get full screen viewing working? Rather than having to make do with a tiny window at the top right of the browser.

Thanks in advance.

COYB ... time to get this season started!!

3-1 Rovers.

I'm assuming the bet365 stream is above board and can be mentioned on this site.

That said, has anyone worked out how to get full screen viewing working? Rather than having to make do with a tiny window at the top right of the browser.

Thanks in advance.

COYB ... time to get this season started!!

3-1 Rovers.

Is this bet365 stream available in the UK or are you abroad?

Good team out tonight. Think we are far more effective when we have a player in the hole rather than a flat 442. Glad bowyer has recognised this and played Dunn in that role tonight.

I would go with:

Kean / Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr / Lowe / Taylor, Cairney, Judge / Dunn / Rhodes

Got the team right so just backed my gut feeling. £20 on Rovers to win 3-0 @ 35/1. COYB.

Archived