BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Away travel advice

Did nobbers n lashers kick off ? I was away and heard it had ?

Yes. North End fans invaded the pitch at the end and a steward was injured by a police horse in the ensuing mayhem. I would have thought it likely that the police will be planning similar restrictions to the Rovers v Dingles game should they meet again in the near future. It's also probably put back any lifting of restrictions for our game.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine what it would be like if there was no policing in this game?

It might be like it was in 2005 with a much bigger crowd, no travel restrictions and an evening game. ie. no problem at all.

All they've done is forced out the regular fans and ensured a much higher percentage of halfwits attend their one match of the season so they can act like dicks on a bus and bounce around behind police lines. Before anyone gets excited, that obviously is directed at both sides.

Do you really think they'll change it if we win one? They really couldn't give a toss. It's a big payday for them so we're stuck with it.

It might be like it was in 2005 with a much bigger crowd, no travel restrictions and an evening game. ie. no problem at all.

All they've done is forced out the regular fans and ensured a much higher percentage of halfwits attend their one match of the season so they can act like dicks on a bus and bounce around behind police lines. Before anyone gets excited, that obviously is directed at both sides.

Do you really think they'll change it if we win one? They really couldn't give a toss. It's a big payday for them so we're stuck with it.

Correct, more and more of the level headed fans won't put up with being treated like cattle which leaves more spare tickets for the mentally challenged 'fans' who behave like chimps on the loose from the zoo for the day - their behaviour allows the police to justify their OTT tactics and therefore it is a case of ever decreasing circles.

Until fans of both sides work together in a mutual boycott of the respective away matches nothing will change - which won't happen. Promotion or relegation for either club would seem the only 'solution' to this.

Looking at it from a policing perspective. It is very easy for them to justify the whole situation. Fans couldn't behave themselves inside the grounds, what chance do they have outside the ground?

Some of the scenes last season were shocking and all it takes is one coin to crack open the skull of a little child.

It is a case of a few numpties ruining it for the rest.

You just have to look at the behaviour of those that gathered in the corner of the Riverside when Burnley came to Ewood. There were seats, coins and bottles flying around.

Can you imagine what it would be like if there was no policing in this game?

Handbags, much like the PNE v Bpool stuff.

Handbags.

To us, maybe. However, think about a parent that has taken their child to the game and was sat in that corner of the Darwen End/Riverside. It wouldn't have been a pleasant experience for them, that's for sure.

Like I said, Policing is very extreme for the fixture, but I feel as though the few numpties for both fans, leave no choice.

To us, maybe. However, think about a parent that has taken their child to the game and was sat in that corner of the Darwen End/Riverside. It wouldn't have been a pleasant experience for them, that's for sure.

You're right, but it still doesn't excuse the pathetic restrictions put on thousands of innocent fans travelling to the game, be it home or away fans, but we'll not win this one sadly.

Only football fans pay £30 plus, get treated like animals, and return the week after for more of the same :wacko:

One fan said to me we should press the Police and Crime Commisioner on this - maybe it is time for the level headed fans of both sides to temporarily 'check in' their prejudice against each other and form a combined pressure group? After all he is only a politician and we all know they are more concerned about votes - in the end he only won by 6000 votes so I would imagine getting together a fans block vote would persuade him and any future candidate that working with us on this would be a good thing.

I know I won't entertain the away fixture because of the arrangements and there are plenty like me on both sides of the game.

• Backroom

The only way this game is ever going to be 'down-graded' from a 'bubble' match is for the Dingles to 'take the sting out' of the fixture by beating us a couple of times. Until, in their eyes, that 'boil is lanced' their understandable bitterness and frustration will mean we will continue to be bussed in and out. .... Here's hoping I am never allowed the opportunity to drive there!

Agreed you have to think that once that happens then it will become like the Tyne / Wear derby, big match full of passion with bragging rights going back and forth.

After last years debacle, there is no way I would entertain visiting. Arriving at the ground to be greeted with one bar serving beer and one serving food for3000 fans is ridiculous.

It was not possible to get a drink before because of the above and the bars were closed at half time meaning that because of the draconian measures, we were at Ewood for 0930 and did not have the option of refreshment for over 7 hours.

• Moderation Lead

Just went to the club shop on way to getting coach to Donny to enquire about my lack of form.

They just printed one off for me, so if anyone else has had the same problem, I'd probably advise you pop in or ring up!

After last years debacle, there is no way I would entertain visiting. Arriving at the ground to be greeted with one bar serving beer and one serving food for3000 fans is ridiculous.

It was not possible to get a drink before because of the above and the bars were closed at half time meaning that because of the draconian measures, we were at Ewood for 0930 and did not have the option of refreshment for over 7 hours.

That's funny, I had 2 pints at half time.......

And 2 hip flasks in my coat.

Makes me cringe when people come up with this 'draconian' nonsense. It's not that bad at all, if having to go on a coach puts you off then so be it, I wouldn't miss it for the world though.

After last night , I hate to say it but it could be 5-0 mullering .

Yep. 9 hour day to travel 14 miles to watch us take a six-fingered pasting. The one positive is Burnley's ability to bottle these occasions.

Bloody hell lads, it's only a couple of games in. By the time we play we will both have played another couple of games and who knows how the form table will look?

We really ain't all that. We could easily lose today and then we have 3 games that all look tough ones. I doubt either team is good enough to give the other a thrashing. It will be another tight game with the odd goal in it, a draw looks most likely right now.

Surely you are at a point where you have to back the manager, more instability is the last thing you need.

Serious question, we all know as football fans we can tend to over react. I know a couple of wins and I think we are heading for promotion, couple of losses and its all 'we're doomed I tell you' so, honestly, was last night really that bad? If it was, did you sense it was just a bad day at the office (teams have them) or did you see fundamental problems and weaknesses in the team?

Serious question, we all know as football fans we can tend to over react. I know a couple of wins and I think we are heading for promotion, couple of losses and its all 'we're doomed I tell you' so, honestly, was last night really that bad? If it was, did you sense it was just a bad day at the office (teams have them) or did you see fundamental problems and weaknesses in the team?

We were good at Derby, average against Forest and poor last night. Player for player we are better than Doncaster but on the night they were better than us all over the field. That doesn't bode well for the season and tells me we have far too many inflated egos who looked like having to play Doncaster was beneath them. Our manager was almost Keanesque as he looked lost on the touchline and couldn't effect any change to improve things. There will have to be a marked improvement if we are to avoid a relegation scrap.

It was lack of effort passion commitment and no desire to win. They won everything apart from a 5 minute spell. Disgrace by players and manager

It was lack of effort passion commitment and no desire to win. They won everything apart from a 5 minute spell. Disgrace by players and manager

Yep. 9 hour day to travel 14 miles to watch us take a six-fingered pasting. The one positive is Burnley's ability to bottle these occasions.

There's plenty nine hour days to watch a match in the length of a season.

There's plenty of fans now conveniently using the travel arrangement as an excuse not to go.

Archived