BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Third Division Here We Come (aka the Relegation thread)

OK, for the third time in three seasons but never before in August, this is where we discuss if we are going down again.

I wouldn't normally start one this early but one point out of 9 and a desultory defeat at Doncaster points in only one direction I'm afraid.

With a squad full of cheap Championship scufflers and yet another inexperienced manager in charge can anyone see how we are going to stay in this division ?

Usual caveats apply, would be only too pleased if we go on a barnstorming run from here and this thread can be consigned to the dustbin.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I genuinely think our current team would struggle in League One. It's difficult to see how we stay in the Championship this season. Anything less than a home win in our next match and we can certainly consign ourselves to a long and likely hopeless relegation battle this season.

We have bought another 11 players (I believe), this summer, after a load last summer, more in January and every transfer window under Venkys. The plain fact is we need stability, on a platform of a decent manager and smallish squad of as good quality players we can afford, then give them time to blend.

Thats exactly what we had under JW, when we were self-sufficient, and why its nonsense that people keep saying we need to get rid of the big earners. Get rid of those not good enough, keep those who are, theres enough money to do that.

No doubt we'll beat Barnsley handsomely, optimism will creep in, our season starts here etc etc, get beat next game, repeat ad nauseam.

I'm usually quite the optimist, now, I just don't know anymore.

I still just about care, depressingly sad

In tears I imagine :( poor guy.

At Billy Hills putting his savings on us to win the league, encouraged by tonights display.

Chaddy - when you come to read this, and we know you will, it's tongue-in-cheek fella, don't take it personally, you're a legend

OK, for the third time in three seasons but never before in August, this is where we discuss if we are going down again.

I wouldn't normally start one this early but one point out of 9 and a desultory defeat at Doncaster points in only one direction I'm afraid.

With a squad full of cheap Championship scufflers and yet another inexperienced manager in charge can anyone see how we are going to stay in this division ?

Usual caveats apply, would be only too pleased if we go on a barnstorming run from here and this thread can be consigned to the dustbin.

C'mon Jim... dont you rem how crap it was under the Walker Trust and Allardyce? You should do cos we were told often enough at the time.

Would love to go out for a few drinks with Chaddy, think it'd be sensational tbh.

Must admit find his eternal optimism endearing, Sort of bloke you would want standing by the side of you if you were stood watching your house burn down chipping in with words of comfort like " well it needed redecorating" "good job you didn't build that conservatory"

Give em hell in Newcastle Chaddy!

Anyway relegation , don't think so , somehow can't see us giving it our best shot like we did in the Premier League after coming so close the first season under "the plan"

When the news came that he got the job I was one of the few who went on record saying that Bowyer will end up being a bad appointment. He hasn't done anything yet for me to change my mind on that and he won't last the season.

Overall it's still too early but so far it sure looks like more of the same i.e. battling relegation.

Incredibly bad management, and that includes the current incumbent. If we stay as we are I would reckon we are likely to go down. Anything other than Venkys might save us. To be honest, who cares really. Under these clowns it isn't a proper club anyway. I would take several relegations now if it freed the club from this situation.

Archived