BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Third Division Here We Come (aka the Relegation thread)

How high do you think that would appear on their agenda should the Venkymob choose to offload the club Bryan?

I doubt it would actually appear on their agenda at all.

Probably the best hope is for the club to go bust, and adminstrators appointed.

Although I wouldn't rule out liquidators.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have given up being positive about Rovers as it ALWAYS comes back to hit me where it hurts. It has been this way the entire time under Venkys. So...for once I find myself just expecting the worst:

- Rhodes gone by sep. 1......or even worse - going out on loan after sep. 1 (think Samba)

- Dann staying put and getting a new contract

- Lowe getting worse by the game but still somehow will play 90 mins every game

- Rovers concede a goal in all 46 games this season

- injuries galore as soon as one of our players suddenly performs well - injured for the next 4 games - repeat ad nauseum

- bottom of the league by xmas - bottom of the league in May

- club going broke before relegation and thus we will start next season with points deducted

Can't bring myself to keep going. And please....this could be tongue-in-cheek or I could be dead serious, problem is I really don't care anymore. So sick of this team ruining weekend after weekend and my inability to stop following them.

I wish for a venky free rovers and I'm not careful about it . Anyone who comes in could shaft us more than the lunes.theres nowt to shaft.

That could be why the Rao's are still here, nothing left to shaft so no sale value

Three games and we're relegated?

On your people's logic we would have been promoted last season.

This forum is absolutely insane!

One solitary goal in four and half hours of football from eleven plus players.

Hello is there anybody in.

1st game for me rev and its defiantly not to early to say relegation battle.. That was pub football standerd tonight.

Agree Abbs, except it wasn't the first game for me this season. Standard and entertainment was awful. It's the first time (supporter for 40 years plus) ever I can remember thinking DURING THE GAME 'why do I spend hours of my life doing this?'. Yep, Ive wondered before driving/on the train home after the game, but never during play. Maybe it's a sign of age.

Maybe I'll get flak for this, but there'd be enjoyment from some decent play or a goal or two. At the moment there's no enjoyment. If this carries on spectators will turn their back and relegation is inevitable in my view

Spot on

GB has done well with team spirit now he needs some leaders to step up

I'd rather have league 1 winners than premiership losers. Also those hull lads were promoted last year. Team need time to gel.

How do you know he's done well with team spirit, and what does it matter if he has? The only point of football is to win matches. Anything that's not contributing to that is worthless and its pointless praising it. Can guarantee nothing is worse for team spirit than the start we've had.

If you want League 1 winners then you must want a League 1 club. As for time to gel, oldest excuse in the book. Our best performance so far this season was against Derby, the more time this team's had to "gel", the worse its got.

Three games and we're relegated?

On your people's logic we would have been promoted last season.

This forum is absolutely insane!

This thread isn't saying we're relegated, its saying we might get relegated. Maybe its premature but it might serve to inject a bit of reality into those fans who were ready to forgive Venkys, thought the club was back on the right track, and were predicting a hammering for Doncaster.

Glad to see that there hasn't been a knee jerk reaction to the start to the season. Most people said we needed to give GB time - are now calling for his head. IMO his period as caretaker was helped by a fair amount of luck - which seems to have deserted him. He needs a few more matches before we start making any decisions as to his ability - lets be honest he has overhauled the squad, with a limited budget.

• Backroom

I hope we give him time I can't see any alternative, he's brought in the kind of players he wants, players that maybe wouldn't suit other managers

Who else is out there anyway? If we did something silly and sacked him there is only Pulis that stands out

We just have to hope Shebby isn't in the owners ear and wanting to worm his way back in

I hope we give him time I can't see any alternative, he's brought in the kind of players he wants, players that maybe wouldn't suit other managers

Who else is out there anyway? If we did something silly and sacked him there is only Pulis that stands out

We just have to hope Shebby isn't in the owners ear and wanting to worm his way back in

Pullis would probably be ideal to get us promoted, but unfortunately he would need a mostly new squad of big, strong, fit lads, most of the players

we have, including nearly all of the recent signings, would be totally unsuited to his kind of game plan IMO.

I bet he'd get us up though given 2-3 years, would'nt be pretty, but I bet most of us would take his style over the crap we've had for the past

couple of years.

He would certainly put some fear into the opposition, at the moment we seem to be an easy touch for whoever we come up against.

Pullis would probably be ideal to get us promoted, but unfortunately he would need a mostly new squad of big, strong, fit lads, most of the players

we have, including nearly all of the recent signings, would be totally unsuited to his kind of game plan IMO.

I bet he'd get us up though given 2-3 years, would'nt be pretty, but I bet most of us would take his style over the crap we've had for the past

couple of years.

He would certainly put some fear into the opposition, at the moment we seem to be an easy touch for whoever we come up against.

Pullis? He'd deffo be good for us but effectively is a poor man's version of Sam Allardyce. Many of our supporters want Light Brigade tactics rem so he'd be a bloody fool to even think of coming here.

Did I dream that we were in a relegation battle at the end of last season then?

A thread full of people predicting absolute certain relegation from first couple of months of the season. We didn't get relegated.

The almost glee in starting this thread so soon is a testament to those who relish negativity. As someone pointed out we didn't get a "Premier League here we come" after 3 matches last year.

Its the default position to be in an utter pit of despair that I find so tedious. There has got to be some gradation between that and Chaddyverse.

Man, Sam is working like clockwork with the Hammers, McNulty at the BBC predicted them to come in 8th, considering, very good, maybe they might make an FA Cup run as well.

I use to read his columns in 442 when he managed Bolton and sure, those columns may well be "ghost written" in part or totally but were good stuff. I always liked him a lot. :(

Sam to me was like Gary Neville or Andy Flower, could listen to him all day because he knew exactly what he was talking about. Quite absurdly at the time we had a section of fans who went through his every interview with a fine toothcomb to find things they could criticise to a massive extent. But I suppose it was a bit like Burnley fans going on about our away followings all the time, if there's little to criticise on the pitch then alternatives need to be found.

A thread full of people predicting absolute certain relegation from first couple of months of the season. We didn't get relegated.

The almost glee in starting this thread so soon is a testament to those who relish negativity. As someone pointed out we didn't get a "Premier League here we come" after 3 matches last year.

Its the default position to be in an utter pit of despair that I find so tedious. There has got to be some gradation between that and Chaddyverse.

Surely you understand why its a default position though? Before Venkys came along I was the ultimate Mr Positive. I never criticised Hughes, never criticised Allardyce, I even remember getting into an argument with some lads at Wigan because I felt our fans had been too harsh on Ince the day he got sacked. The difference is I trusted Williams and would almost blindly support his decisions. My default position with Venkys is one of deep distrust, after what they've done they need to convince fans they're now getting advice from the right people.

As an analogy, before it was like drinking water that had been processed through a top notch sewage plant. The odd bad batch in a thousand might come along but overall you trusted the water and felt happy drinking it. Now its like drinking water from a river when you know for a fact that a group of people are peeing in it slightly upstream. You might get lucky and miss the p*ss, but that's all its ever been for Rovers the past 3 years. Getting lucky now and again amidst one long decline. Is it any wonder people are negative?

Its the default position to be in an utter pit of despair that I find so tedious.

No-one's taking pleasure in this.

It just saves a lot of time and heart-break to by-pass the hope stage and move immediately onto despair.

3 defeats in four games, a rookie manager too close to the players, a squad that's been transformed in 3 years to a collection of has-beens, individuals who have no business impersonating professional footballers and free transfers/ loans.

I'd say this thread represents sad realism.

Archived