BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Now is not the time to panic at Blackburn Rovers

MrT

course wigan aren't panicking, they have a good owner and a proper manager and a well run club, we have none

A proper manager? Do you even watch football? Coyle is completely tactically inept..the players will soon get sick of 5-a-side..

They do however have a good owner and seem well run

Maybe it would be better to strive for not being relegated this season, get rid of the dead wood, let the team and manager settle down and gel, then reassess where we are capable of going from there. Chopping and changing is not going to help at all, especially when we are trying to do it on the cheap.

Utter nonsense.

Strive to be the best you can be, thats the aim in sport isn't it?

GB has signed 11 players, yes he hasn't had a lot of money in transfer fees, but those players need paying. Plenty enough to keep some of those "top earners" everyone seem desperate to get rid of. John Williams kept us in the PL for a decade more or less self sufficiently by getting and backing good managers, and by having a smallish squad of top players, and paying them accordingly.

Our operating budget for the playing staff is massive compared to others in this league, even if we broke even, therefore we should be using that to make sure we are fighting for promotion.

Guest Norbert

Since I have lost quite a bit of interest in football recently I missed the Doncaster result. Not looking good right now, but the season has only just got started so who knows what may happen. We've had a lot of new players in, and some leaving so perhaps a really dodgy start is to be expected. If we're like this by mid November, then we can start worrying.

Has it hell. We are submerged in debt caused by way too many wages to pay out to way too many useless bloody players. Those clueless feckers signed by all and sundry for reasons other than footballing ones are the ones swallowing Bowyers money.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. Anyone calling for more money to be spent is delusional - sorry.

I'm not wanting to hound a manager out but christmas is frequently too late. Bottom 3 by the time the clocks go back / or at the firts signs of an obviously disspirited squad s the time for concern imo

Which makes the first point even more pertinent. It is lunacy to throw money at a manager whom is untested and untried. Only gamble with cash when you trust the guy spending it.

Also - whilst I sincerely hope and believe that it is possible that Bowyer might turn this round, if we are still in the bottom three in a few games then somebody should be sending out feelers to Pullis before somebody else does.

Utter nonsense.

Strive to be the best you can be, thats the aim in sport isn't it?

GB has signed 11 players, yes he hasn't had a lot of money in transfer fees, but those players need paying. Plenty enough to keep some of those "top earners" everyone seem desperate to get rid of. John Williams kept us in the PL for a decade more or less self sufficiently by getting and backing good managers, and by having a smallish squad of top players, and paying them accordingly.

Our operating budget for the playing staff is massive compared to others in this league, even if we broke even, therefore we should be using that to make sure we are fighting for promotion.

And how is replacing the manager several times a season going to help the club regardless of how much money we have. I think you`ve missed the point of the post, which is, we have basically got a new squad and manager that are going to take a bit of time to settle down, as a result we might lose a few games before we settle into our stride, even thinking about replacing him after 3 games is friggin crazy.

And how is replacing the manager several times a season going to help the club regardless of how much money we have. I think you`ve missed the point of the post, which is, we have basically got a new squad and manager that are going to take a bit of time to settle down, as a result we might lose a few games before we settle into our stride, even thinking about replacing him after 3 games is friggin crazy.

In our position employing yet another rookie manager is friggin crazy, one who has signed players not as good as the ones being replaced.

This is what happens when you have owners that are friggin crazy

I just hope the performance on Friday has brought a couple of the players and coaching staff down to earth.

A last minute defeat at home and a penalty shootout defeat can both be masked by the nature of the loses, Friday night however was a comprehensive defeat and a shocking performance to boot.

A reaction is needed against Barnsley this Saturday. Will we get one? I hope so!

I just hope the performance on Friday has brought a couple of the players and coaching staff down to earth.

A last minute defeat at home and a penalty shootout defeat can both be masked by the nature of the loses, Friday night however was a comprehensive defeat and a shocking performance to boot.

A reaction is needed against Barnsley this Saturday. Will we get one? I hope so!

Talking to a Blackpool fan today who said that Blackpool were completely lucky to beat Barnsley. He reckoned BPool were devoid of any idea, Barnsley were the best team and only lost cos of a late OG.

In our position employing yet another rookie manager is friggin crazy, one who has signed players not as good as the ones being replaced.

This is what happens when you have owners that are friggin crazy

The players that have been friggin replaced certainly didn`t want to friggin play for us last season. If they did they would have pulled their friggin fingers out. The team at the moment are putting in a lot more friggin effort than the team we had last year. Give Bowyer a chance you friggin miserable sod. :)

Archived