BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

Setting up your post game negativity?

I have a gut feel it's back to earth with a bump time and another 3 points further away from the dingles

I think there is more to the team now, Bowyer brought something to the table that the previous incumbents didn't, so draw minimum for me

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love these mini-quizzes Tony. Thanks for doing them.

Have to say though it's a travesty that Lowe's stats look so good when you consider how unambitious he is. Short sideways and backward passes.

Sorry, Stuart, but I still believe stats are for cricket.

What counts as a 'successful pass' anyway? A two yard tap? Or a ball into space behind the defence that puts pressure on their defenders.

No categories for 'harrying their midfielders', 'closing down space' or 'pulling people out of position'.

0-2, I hope.

Sorry, Stuart, but I still believe stats are for cricket.

What counts as a 'successful pass' anyway? A two yard tap? Or a ball into space behind the defence that puts pressure on their defenders.

No categories for 'harrying their midfielders', 'closing down space' or 'pulling people out of position'.

0-2, I hope.

No sure why you are apologising - I agree with you! I just can't believe that people are impressed by a 96% successful pass-rate when you consider the type of pass that is made. No pressure, plenty of time to look up and yet he always plays it short, usually backwards.

I don't hate the lad but if players are picked based on stats he's simply playing it safe and racking up the percentages.

WIgan is an interesting one. They've got a pretty decent squad and should probably be doing better. Perhaps they are going to be the relegated prem side that struggles to adapt to the Championship. Would love to see Rovers nick this but our away record suggests at best a draw. Win this one and we've really turned the corner IMO.

COYB

Wish I was going to this one - Looks like being a lovely day!

The only problem with that is Wigan may then really step up in their efforts to sign him on loan. It's a catch 22 isn't it.

Got to be one of the most ludicrous stories ever written about Rovers, almost giving the '50 million pound war chest' story a run for its money :lol:

As for today its a tough one to call, the DW isn't a happy hunting ground to us in recent times, although the support is usually fantastic, I hope we can get at least a draw, 1-1

Everytime I think about the DW it always paints that picture of Kean goading the fans at the end of the game :angry2: RAT!

The only problem with that is Wigan may then really step up in their efforts to sign him on loan. It's a catch 22 isn't it.

Hmm, I still dont understand why he'd want to go there on loan and why we'd let him go there on loan?

Guest Norbert

Not really. Rhodes seems happy enough, and I think we'll still laugh that deal out of town, unless the loan fee is £10m.

So will it be pay at the turnstile, or will we have to queue somewhere else for a ticket and then go to the turnstile?

Thanks,

Dan

Yes it's just que and cash at the turnstile.

Got to be one of the most ludicrous stories ever written about Rovers, almost giving the '50 million pound war chest' story a run for its money :lol:

As for today its a tough one to call, the DW isn't a happy hunting ground to us in recent times, although the support is usually fantastic, I hope we can get at least a draw, 1-1

Everytime I think about the DW it always paints that picture of Kean goading the fans at the end of the game :angry2: RAT!

Besides Reids screamer that's the one other trip there that sticks out for me. If anything showed the Rovers public what that con artist scroat was all about then it was this end of match. His antics, thinking the Venky bro's were still in the stand, were stomach churning. God im glad that twohats gone !

Im still going 2 - 2 today and i'll take it now !!

I have a gut feel it's back to earth with a bump time and another 3 points further away from the dingles

Call it cautious pessimism but I reckon the same. Hope to be proven wrong.

Our home form will decide our fate this season.

Yeah, I had a look earlier and I was surprised at their home form. Won two and drawn two in the league. I'll definitely take a draw now.

Their home form is surprising particularly as the DW is hardly an intimidating ground. I think this game is eminently winnable, especially after their exertions on Thursday. If we genuinely harbour aspirations of promotion we need to be winning games like this. Having said all that a draw would be acceptable in terms of maintaining our unbeaten run. COYB!

We're being priced out of a result with the bookies. Wigan haven't been world beaters and we're on a bit of form ourselves. I fancy us taking the lead through JR but can't see us keeping them out. 1-1.

Hoping for 3 valuable points of course!

• Backroom

@#/? @#/?, striding around the pitch like he was vindicated because Wigan bottled it and allowed us to scrape a draw :rolleyes: memories like that make me ever more thankful we have a decent guy in charge now.

• Backroom

Blackburn Rovers

Kean, Kane, Hanley ©, Kilgallon, Spurr, Cairney, Lowe, Evans, King, Best, Rhodes.

Subs: Eastwood, Marshall, Williamson, Taylor, Marrow, Morris, Judge.

Happy with that line-up. Only change from a winning formation (away or overall) is forced.

And some say 442 is outdated. Not down here it ain't!

Archived