BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Froch / Groves

Another split second and Groves may have been flat on his face and everyone would be hailing Froch and not talkin about the ref. When your taking a stream of unanswered blows and not defending yourself then it gets stopped. Although should maybe be a standing count first, let the ref look into his eyes. Have to say what a great fighter Groves could be. Very disapointed in Froch interview, he battled like a true champion as he always does but he doesn't speak like one. Hopefully when he calms down he will. No point booing him though, typical cluless fickle plastic Manc fans tho, swap their allegiance mid fight. If i was Froch i'd call it a day now, nothing else to prove and a rematch he prob gets ko'd in 4.

Can't argue that Froch would, in all probability, have put Groves away soon after it got halted. But Groves was still swinging and he deserved a standing count 100%.

I didn't really think Groves deserved his hated status before the fight and Froch was as disrespectful to Groves as Groves was to Froch. At 36 and with everything he has achieved you might think he could rise above it. But judging by his post fight interview he still can't. That knock down will have dented his pride. It really was a cracking hit to put him down. Maybe it is my love of an underdog, but after standing toe to toe with Froch and having such a good brawl (because that was what it was), I can't help feeling a bit deflated and disappointed for Groves.

But when the dust settles, that defeat will almost certainly stand him in better stead than a win would have. He will learn a lot from that and with the crowd on his side in the future it can give him an extra 10%. I am surprised to see it because I thought Froch would have put him away with ease, but Groves looks like he might be a very decent boxer.

I cringed at the pair of them leading up to the fight then cringed for the pair of em during the slugfest, then cringed at the controversy but it's all been a nice bloody distraction from Rovers lol. Now whens that rematch ? :)

I find myself agreeing with Gav.... :0

Just goes to show what we know Marky!

All credit to Groves he was excellent and should have been allowed to continue, not sure what was wrong with Froch, under prepared maybe, took Groves to lightly?

Great fight though.

Archived