BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle

tomphil

I see the vastly overated SEM tubthumper has been sacked again. To think on or two who used to frequent here actually rated him lol Hopefully this will nip Nicko's drive to get Rhodes to Wigan in the bud before he starts it again. Poor old Nicko he'll have to go back to Bolton arse licking now, pity Ince isn't Scottish then he could glue himself to them :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just soo wish nixon could come on here now and try and tell us the monumental error whelan is making.. :D

edit- to be honest, i`m of a belief that wigan will still try for rhodes again, with whelan as the driving force behind it..

That would be fun, poor lamb will be hanging his pen up if wee Dougie got the bullet as well !

Hmm interesting , who is in line next for Wigan ?...

Sean Dyche will be near the top ...Should have done it last week before Pulis went to Palace...

What Coyle achieved at Burnley was outstanding and it is difficult to replicate ..

Think Dave Whelan has panicked a bit here the Europa league has done tham no favours !

Poor league championship with little quality , teams win 2 lose 2 all season ...

Be interesting to see who takes over ...

Pulis would have got Wigan up this season ....

Hmm interesting , who is in line next for Wigan ?...

Sean Dyche will be near the top ...Should have done it last week before Pulis went to Palace...

What Coyle achieved at Burnley was outstanding and it is difficult to replicate ..

Think Dave Whelan has panicked a bit here the Europa league has done tham no favours !

Poor league championship with little quality , teams win 2 lose 2 all season ...

Be interesting to see who takes over ...

Pulis would have got Wigan up this season ....

Is this some kind of Joke, as there is nothing on BBC sport and i would imagine this would have made the news. Dave Whelan does not tend to sack his managers (does he?)

Now being reported on Sky Sports but un confirmed

Wigan are panicking. They've spent a lot of money to try and get back at the first attempt. If they don't then massive cut backs will be on the cards, this is their best chance of getting back up. They've got a good group of players but do those players make a good 'team'?

Coyle......

Wasn't he the evidence that small clubs could be successful playing tippy tappy football in the Premier League?

Good point Den. Coyle was one of the shining examples held up on here by assorted knownowts to discredit and offer alternative to Allardyce thats for sure.... as was Holloway..... as was Jol..... as was o'Neill etc etc etc. :wstu: If anything adverse happens to Swansea they'll be mortified.

Managers come and go from the Prem it seems yet Sam sees them all off.

One win against a desperate Fulham side and 13 points from 13 games is hardly cause for singing from the rooftops Gordon and you would have to say the likes of Everton, Southampton, Villa, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Nowrich are doing equally as well, if not substantially better in some cases, without having spent anything like as much money.

As for Coyle, on reflection his sacking at this stage seems quite unWhelan like. Wonder if there was a fall out about something other than the bare results as well.

How many managers are getting sacked because of the childish, spit the dummy out attitude, I have a divine right to be playing mentality of so many modern day footballers? Coyle doesn't thank the Wigan players in his statement about leaving. Maybe he, like most managers (Jol, GB etc), is having to put up with a bunch of overpaid, spoiled brats who have too much influence in the modern game.

One win against a desperate Fulham side and 13 points from 13 games is hardly cause for singing from the rooftops Gordon and you would have to say the likes of Everton, Southampton, Villa, Swansea, West Brom, Hull and Nowrich are doing equally as well, if not substantially better in some cases, without having spent anything like as much money.

As for Coyle, on reflection his sacking at this stage seems quite unWhelan like. Wonder if there was a fall out about something other than the bare results as well.

Indeed so and there will always be a flavour of the month in the Prem, but the jist of my point is that managers come and go, teams have highs and lows but Allardyce's record is more enduring and stands up to scrutiny miles in front of any of them.

Indeed so and there will always be a flavour of the month in the Prem, but the jist of my point is that managers come and go, teams have highs and lows but Allardyce's record is more enduring and stands up to scrutiny miles in front of any of them.

However the more astute of us would have gotten it right prior to Sam and appointed Laudrup, avoiding the whole Sam issue.

A thread about Owen Coyle getting canned and the usual suspects manage to turn it into an Allardyce debate. Incredible. Its been done to death. Can't we please move on. Just like Allardyce has.

Perhaps if they found a West Ham half season ticket in their Xmas stockings it would pacify them a bit :) Shall we have a whip round ?

A thread about Owen Coyle getting canned and the usual suspects manage to turn it into an Allardyce debate. Incredible. Its been done to death. Can't we please move on. Just like Allardyce has.

Too soon for that. We're still suffering.

Too soon for that. We're still suffering.

I think you are right there. Some people will move on sooner than others.

Personally, I accept I am "stuck" in anger and resentment etc at what these ****s have done to our club. And it doesn't take much for it to leak out...on almost any topic!

Only a therapist could decide if people like me are just staying with the pain, while others are into avoidance..or we are merely imprisoned by our own bitterness. HA!

Archived