SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle

tomphil

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do now!

Blue and white army hang your head in shame. How could you be so gormless after Allardyce rescued the club with ultimately room to spare after the completely misguided and terminally stupid Ince experiment? I can only assume that you were one of the bitter and twisted facebook sheep who had lost face and had their stupid opinions shoved right back down their throats by the events of 2008/2009.

I shall now treat all your future contributions on here accordingly.

I communicate only with real friends who'd I'd actually drink with on facebook. Funnily I resisted it until only about 18 months ago. Don't associate me with those idiots (more fool JW for taking their views on board).

Just don't like him as a man or a manager. Still don't. Plain view that I am entitled to and would still have if he hadn't been sacked. We all have our opinions even if 'some' do like to foist them as the only one possible.

As for the rest Allardyce is like Thatcher. Some liked her some thought she was a bitch that destroyed communities. Never the twain shall meet however Thatcherite's probably don't have the preposterous notion that only she could ever run the country ;)

Surely if we had stayed in the Prem another couple of years, we would now have 40% more TV money, and the circa £20m debt

we had at the time, would have been cleared by the sale of Jones to Man Utd, which was always going to happen anyway.

I think we would now be in a pretty decent situation, if we had kept the same people in charge, but who knows ?

That is what irks me. The opportunity these silly ***s and their cohorts p***d away. What a time to start selling off and marginalising key players and buying in ...er...tat..

Harsh on Coyle to get sacked so early in the season. As we found out ourselves last season that playing numerous games is very difficult in the Championship.

We had a spell during our FA Cup run where we were playing Saturday - Wednesday - Saturday numerous times. With the Europa League it must have been difficult.

I feel he was in a catch 22 position too. Had he played his full starting 11 then it would have hampered them in the league the following Sunday. Had he not played a full strength squad then I feel the fans would have felt slightly aggrieved with the fact it's their first European adventure, where many would have spent a lot of money yet end up watching a second string side.

Coyle I guess will now be remembered for his torrid time at Bolton and Wigan, not Burnley.

To think some wanted him at Ewood when we got rid of Kean/Berg/Appleton. How wrong were they?

Such a negative view Rev?

"Football tends to be cyclical and our time no doubt will come again at some point"?

There was nothing cyclical about the way Jack Walker took us back to the top league for 20 years, without him, it would never have happened. Yes, we "might" have made it back to the top league, but not for very long - and that's as much as we could hope for again. Unfortunately the odds are far more in our favour to go completely to the wall, than they are for us to stay in the top flight for any length of time. I really don't see how anyone can look at where we are and think our time will come again.

Like Parson, the times I've been down to Ewood this season and last, I've found myself simply mourning what we had. When I started going down to Ewood over 50 years ago, I absolutely loved seeing a fabulous Rovers side giving out some real thrashings to some of the best clubs in the country. 1966 saw us lose all that and I spent from then, to JW's arrival, just wanting to see us competing in the top league again. Every season I dreamed of promotion and that game at Bristol saw us ever so close. We faded away again, and every time we accrued talent, whether it be players or managers, they moved on.

So, I read posts from the Rovers Fans and simply wonder " what is it you want?"............ Because we've just had it, and we've thrown it away and it doesn't bother you. Maybe the whole anger between fans on here comes down to the fact that people like Parson know exactly what we've lost and exactly how hard it will be to get it back.

I'm not sure who is the negative thinker here. Is it negativity, or is it realism based on history, the experience of seeing this happen before and the knowing that what we've just lost probably won't ever be regained?

The past is the past and there's little point crying forever over spilt milk, I bet you don't do that in other areas of your life I would imagine you move on and get on with things.

It was our eternal good fortune to end up with the incomparable Jack Walker as owner and our eternal misfortune if you like that he was taken away from us much earlier than he would have liked and that ultimately his family had little or no interest in the Club. But thanks to Jack we experienced greater heights than fans of 90% of other Clubs will ever appreciate.

Of course the extent to which you want to wallow and revel in misery depends on whether you think we were due for another 20 years in the Premiership or whether like me you think the sands of time were ebbing away on our time in the top flight without investment in the team.

The past is the past and there's little point crying forever over spilt milk, I bet you don't do that in other areas of your life I would imagine you move on and get on with things.

It was our eternal good fortune to end up with the incomparable Jack Walker as owner and our eternal misfortune if you like that he was taken away from us much earlier than he would have liked and that ultimately his family had little or no interest in the Club. But thanks to Jack we experienced greater heights than fans of 90% of other Clubs will ever appreciate.

Of course the extent to which you want to wallow and revel in misery depends on whether you think we were due for another 20 years in the Premiership or whether like me you think the sands of time were ebbing away on our time in the top flight without investment in the team.

bloody hell rev have you been back scuttled by fat venky?

Under the stewardship of John Williams and Tom Finn I really don't take your negative view that relegation was a given. With the increase in TV money we ought to have been able to finish above the bottom three each year as the club's coming up were always at disadvantage. We wouldn't have been challenging for honours but I would far rather be an average team amongst the elite than an average team amongst the mediocrity that is the Championship. The fact is that it was imperative to stay in the Premiership - a simple fact that the Indian mob simply couldn't grasp. The only reason we are in this mess is because of a family in Pune who bought into something they had no understanding of and who have shown no inclination to get to grips with a business that they have bought.

Christ Nixon has gone into full on SEM mode there. Won't be long before he's bigging the Coylist up for another job.

Jesus I've just had a terrible thought. What if Bowyer does get the sack.

Old Owen will be top of the list for some folk :glare:

Let's hope Venkys have fully washed their hands of the Dark Lord or else we might well be seeing another SEM manager

Under the stewardship of John Williams and Tom Finn I really don't take your negative view that relegation was a given. With the increase in TV money we ought to have been able to finish above the bottom three each year as the club's coming up were always at disadvantage. We wouldn't have been challenging for honours but I would far rather be an average team amongst the elite than an average team amongst the mediocrity that is the Championship. The fact is that it was imperative to stay in the Premiership - a simple fact that the Indian mob simply couldn't grasp. The only reason we are in this mess is because of a family in Pune who bought into something they had no understanding of and who have shown no inclination to get to grips with a business that they have bought.

Perhaps we would Parson, certainly our demise wouldn't have been such a hideous train wreck.

But also consider - if we had gone down, which yes was always possible, do we honestly think that in the safe hands of JW, TF etc etc, we would have ever got ourselves into this mess. A plan would have been drawn up, contracts would still include relegation clauses, finances would have been managed efficiently and realistic transfer policies adhered to.

Yes, we might have gone down - but at least we wouldn't have been staring into a financial abyss.

Perhaps we would Parson, certainly our demise wouldn't have been such a hideous train wreck.

But also consider - if we had gone down, which yes was always possible, do we honestly think that in the safe hands of JW, TF etc etc, we would have ever got ourselves into this mess. A plan would have been drawn up, contracts would still include relegation clauses, finances would have been managed efficiently and realistic transfer policies adhered to.

Yes, we might have gone down - but at least we wouldn't have been staring into a financial abyss.

Totally agree. Unfortunately, I honestly don't think the club can recover where we are now in our present format. It may well come to administration and we may well have to fall further before we can progress. However, a debt of £54 million is something that I seriously doubt that this club can cope with for long. Does anyone seriously believe that the club would be in this mess if Williams and Finn were still in place? It's the Indian mob who have destroyed us and at some point they will simply walk away and leave the wreckage behind.

Absolutely. I do worry about people misusing this concept of a small town, over achieving with Jack now finding our true level.

We should take care not to allow anyone to misuse this to explain away, minimise, rationalise and excuse the wanton damage done by arrogant, ignorant foreign owners. We are where we are BECAUSE of Venky's!

What were Mercerman's predictions again?

Venky's to sell up before start of season?

Wee Dougie is a gem ...

?

He wanted to draw me a picture and the big betting addict wouldn't bet my wager because he didn't want to take my money

Archived