BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton tickets

matt83

But it isn't a massive game. It's one crap team playing an average, inconsistent one. This has boring 0-0 written all over it. Add to that the horrible breeze block, awful parking and congestion, huge queues for the train and £30 for a ticket. I quite fancy going but for two it would cost me £80. The weather forecast is good, I've plenty to do at home and I might get out on my bike. Why would I bother going to Bolton?This is the reality which football has created. I didn't create the situation the clubs, in general, did. Over priced, over hyped poor to average product results in fans making a choice. Other options are better. However a few years ago this would never have been considered. If Rovers were more consistently producing decent football I would go. There is more chance of a poor than good performance.Football is completely blinkered to this problem. I have friends who support a range of different teams, all used to be regular fans, and now I'm the only one who still goes to every home game. All give the same reason, cost, conditions and poor football, saying "why would I want to go?" The world has moved on and despite what the PL and Sky would have you believe tens of thousands of fans are switching off and disillusioned. You may not believe it but it's the reality of what has and continues to happen. Just look at Ewood attendances.

The world turns and priorities change.

There has been many times this season where I have been at a game and within the first 10 minutes I am thinking 'I drove a 100 miles for this?!'.

Going back to the price of games in relation to the quality, i'm wondering how high the cost of games/season tickets need to go before you decide that enough is enough?

Also, how much are people paying for other away days in relation to the lower tier £28 at Bolton?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's turning people off the game altogether, it's a very short term view.

Correct, only 25 years or so ago, ticket prices were about the same as a seat at the cinema.

Yes I know it's modern all seater stadiums etc, now, but half the people don't want a seat anyway, and cinema complexes are all

mod cons too.

BTW I haven't been to the flicks for about 20 odd years so I'm not sure of the prices round the NWest but one

of the presenters on Talksport said he paid £8 the other day and the most he had paid was £12, London prices.

Three years ago we went to the breezeblock early so we could enjoy one and a half hours of chatting over a couple of pints only to find alcohol was not served to visiting supporters even though it was being served to home supporters.

I bought a small bottle of water for £2.50.

I sent an email of complaint to the club. Surprise, surprise I received no acknowledgement.

I'll never go to that stadium again. Those wanderers really are a set of w**k*rs.

Three years ago we went to the breezeblock early so we could enjoy one and a half hours of chatting over a couple of pints only to find alcohol was not served to visiting supporters even though it was being served to home supporters.

I bought a small bottle of water for £2.50.

I sent an email of complaint to the club. Surprise, surprise I received no acknowledgement.

I'll never go to that stadium again. Those wanderers really are a set of w**k*rs.

Absolutely disgraceful, how clubs can treat away fans differently, they should be welcoming them with open arms, I blame

governments' past and present, plus the media for not highlighting this aberration.

Btw small bottle of water-wholesale about 30p.

Took this from a Bolton forum:

Thought I would kick this thread off having seen Blackburn comfortably beat Reading yesterday. After beating Watford most of you will go into next Saturday with some confidence, take my advice don't. Blackburn were nothing short of brilliant yesterday, they turned up at Reading played 4-4-2 with lots of young English players and really got in Reading's faces, TBH Reading looked nothing short of petrified of them. They constantly looked to attack and their wingers were opening Reading up time and time again. I may well do A preview unless Tango says otherwise but please head my warning and expect for us to be easily beaten on Saturday.

Thought I would kick this thread off having seen Blackburn comfortably beat Reading yesterday. After beating Watford most of you will go into next Saturday with some confidence, take my advice don't. Blackburn were nothing short of brilliant yesterday, they turned up at Reading played 4-4-2 with lots of young English players and really got in Reading's faces, TBH Reading looked nothing short of petrified of them. They constantly looked to attack and their wingers were opening Reading up time and time again. I may well do A preview unless Tango says otherwise but please head my warning and expect for us to be easily beaten on Saturday.

Oh dear. Football is such a funny, unpredictable game. This has just put the kybosh on any hope of a point or three for us.

I read 'The Wanderer' regularly this guy is on the wind- up.

If that's the case then there should be a stadium ban !

Police have far too much power in this country, as we have seen on the other thread.

It must cost the club a hell of a lot in lost revenue, even if it's just one game.

Can't remember as i was driving but maybe it was relaxed being a night game ? Usually go to pubs in Horwich before and Chorley after this one but i don't recall drinking in the ground in recent years but we very rarely have a pint at any ground inside anyway but a few seem to be moaning about this.

I've never been myself but I think there's a pub about a mile down the road for away fans. There's also a tesco express next to the away car park but it might be that they don't sell alcohol on matchdays.

I've never been myself but I think there's a pub about a mile down the road for away fans. There's also a tesco express next to the away car park but it might be that they don't sell alcohol on matchdays.

The Beehive, 5 minute walk up past Tesco, very popular with away fans.

Archived