BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

GOLF

He was always struggling after that. Johnson will be a worthy champion. Edit - even a first round 66 from Rory rather than a 75 would have only had him level with DJ so quite a dominant performance from the big man all round I would say.

Edited by oldjamfan1

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

How about a series of What's in the Bag?

Driver: Mizuno ST200

Woods: 3 + 5 Adams

Irons: 3-SW Ping Zing 2, plus an old Mizuno 60deg lob wedge

Putter: Odyssey 2-ball White Hot (original).

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft. Probably change to Vice Pro Plus once I lose them all.

Looking to finally take the plunge after my 30th and get fitted for Mizuno irons and wedges 🙂

Driver: Ping Anser 12 Degree

Ping Anser 5 Wood

Ping G15 Irons 5-SW

Ping G15 20 and 23 Degree Hybrids

Old TaylorMade 56 Degree Wedge

Putter: Yes C Grove

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Obviously can’t golf due to COVID and not likely to for some time due to back and shoulder problems 🙁

A mate of mine got a new set for Christmas. He gave me his old set. A right hodge podge of brands, but I'm no good so I'm happy with what I've got.

Golf never stopped over here. It probably got busier. Due to the aforesaid clubs I've played 4 times over the past month. I'm signed up for the next few weekends too. I do enjoy it.

I read on the BBC that the R&A are thinking about limiting drivers to 46 inches, limiting driving distances.

They can deny it all they want but this is their opportunity to stifle Bryson DeChambeau.

Both the USGA and R&A have been working on ways to limit his tee shots for a while, now they may have found it.

He's got a bit of star power over here but the authorities aren't fans. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

A mate of mine got a new set for Christmas. He gave me his old set. A right hodge podge of brands, but I'm no good so I'm happy with what I've got.

Golf never stopped over here. It probably got busier. Due to the aforesaid clubs I've played 4 times over the past month. I'm signed up for the next few weekends too. I do enjoy it.

I read on the BBC that the R&A are thinking about limiting drivers to 46 inches, limiting driving distances.

They can deny it all they want but this is their opportunity to stifle Bryson DeChambeau.

Both the USGA and R&A have been working on ways to limit his tee shots for a while, now they may have found it.

He's got a bit of star power over here but the authorities aren't fans. 

It's an interesting debate and I see validity on both sides.

Yes, DeChambeau is a talking point on tour, and it's not like he's tearing up courses winning every tournament.

Equally, they need to nip in the bud any situation where a next generation of pros are inspired to just 'go long'.

With that being said, 'go long' still needs an amazing short game to win anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

It's an interesting debate and I see validity on both sides.

Yes, DeChambeau is a talking point on tour, and it's not like he's tearing up courses winning every tournament.

Equally, they need to nip in the bud any situation where a next generation of pros are inspired to just 'go long'.

With that being said, 'go long' still needs an amazing short game to win anything.

I think that the worry is that in future players will be able to drive 400 yard holes, eliminating mid range clubs. The argument is that it will turn into a longer version of chip and putt. The game is changing though. DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson, and Brooks Koepka are all built like NFL linebackers. Jon Rahm aside, the European lads aren't. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Taylor Made R9 driver (a gift).

Ping Irons (also a gift).

Can’t remember what make my putter is, but it isn’t exactly a household name....

Property of Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tiger Woods in hospital after crashing his car. 

He has, according to his agent suffered multiple leg injuries and is in surgery. He was cut from the wreckage by the Fire Brigade. SSN showed a picture of his car and it's A real mess.