BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

On 10/07/2019 at 22:14, Oldgregg86 said:

I was thinking before about magloire. He is supposedly faster than neymar and one of the fastest players in Europe.

who decided he should play CB. 

I am in no way saying the decision to play him there is wrong as obviously a lot of better qualified people who see him day in day out clearly know more but isn’t it a waste of his main asset.

plenty of players convert to different positions over the years, Dublin, Sutton etc.

i just wondered why or how he ended up at CB and not on the wing/ striker.

Seems a waste of a real quality attribute to me. Teach the lad to cross and shoot and let him loose . His tracking back would be excellent with his speed and tackling.

this is all probably bollocks and he is a natural CB but I thought I’d throw it out there 

Some players need the game in front of them and Tyler is that type, he would be lost played further forward its all about game understanding and understanding your role on the pitch not many players can understand the different roles and positions, Reading the game etc and positional sense, in the different areas of the pitch

he will have been playing centre half and right back all his life from u7 up, the speed is something that develops with age and its a great attribute to have as a centre half

As far as crossing and finishing the ability side of a players game that's something that is natural to a player, a player has certain attributes, you can nurture them and make them better with practise obviously but I think it's a bit late for Tyler to become anything but a top centre half, which I'm sure he will

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Some players need the game in front of them and Tyler is that type, he would be lost played further forward its all about game understanding and understanding your role on the pitch not many players can understand the different roles and positions, Reading the game etc and positional sense, in the different areas of the pitch

he will have been playing centre half and right back all his life from u7 up, the speed is something that develops with age and its a great attribute to have as a centre half

As far as crossing and finishing the ability side of a players game that's something that is natural to a player, a player has certain attributes, you can nurture them and make them better with practise obviously but I think it's a bit late for Tyler to become anything but a top centre half, which I'm sure he will

You probably don't remember " Marshall's Misfits " . How he converted various players from their original positions as young players. Fred Pickering from being an average reserve left back to the second best striker I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt being one. Andy McEvoy from a reserve midfield player to a guy who capable of scoring 30 odd goals a season was another. There were other examples.

You'd think they'd be trying players out in practice matches all the time but who knows today ?

• Like 2

On 10/07/2019 at 22:14, Oldgregg86 said:

I was thinking before about magloire. He is supposedly faster than neymar and one of the fastest players in Europe.

who decided he should play CB. 

I am in no way saying the decision to play him there is wrong as obviously a lot of better qualified people who see him day in day out clearly know more but isn’t it a waste of his main asset.

plenty of players convert to different positions over the years, Dublin, Sutton etc.

i just wondered why or how he ended up at CB and not on the wing/ striker.

Seems a waste of a real quality attribute to me. Teach the lad to cross and shoot and let him loose . His tracking back would be excellent with his speed and tackling.

this is all probably bollocks and he is a natural CB but I thought I’d throw it out there 

Magloire also played a lot of RB. 

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You probably don't remember " Marshall's Misfits " . How he converted various players from their original positions as young players. Fred Pickering from being an average reserve left back to the second best striker I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt being one. Andy McEvoy from a reserve midfield player to a guy who capable of scoring 30 odd goals a season was another. There were other examples.

You'd think they'd be trying players out in practice matches all the time but who knows today ?

I totally agree that certain players can be converted and your right im a bit young for your examples ?and it's happened plenty of times,

but the player needs to be a certain type, it's not for everyone 

• Like 2

Sorry guys there was no team sheets or programme and with he squad made up of u18s I couldn't tell you who did what.

a lad called eastham was in goal, mols scored an over head kick. And annesley played at that back. That's all I have , that and the pitch was so misshapen the keeper could touch the cross bar in the centre of his goal but couldn't reach it at the posts. Hard surface to play on.

• Like 1

A decent performance tonight by an Under-23 team that was largely made up of the Under-18's.  Jordan Eastham saved a penalty in the first half and looked fairly assured in goal.  The defence was very well organised by Louie Annesley, who looked solid at the back.  Daniel Pike was his usual steady self at left-back and continues to look a very good prospect.  Stef Mols scored a spectacular overhead kick to give us the lead and Jack Vale came on at the interval and quickly made it two.  There were a number of decent performances from the likes of Zimba, Boyomo and Brennan but Mols was really outstanding.  Brad Lyons ought to have scored early on with a well worked move.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A decent performance tonight by an Under-23 team that was largely made up of the Under-18's.  Jordan Eastham saved a penalty in the first half and looked fairly assured in goal.  The defence was very well organised by Louie Annesley, who looked solid at the back.  Daniel Pike was his usual steady self at left-back and continues to look a very good prospect.  Stef Mols scored a spectacular overhead kick to give us the lead and Jack Vale came on at the interval and quickly made it two.  There were a number of decent performances from the likes of Zimba, Boyomo and Brennan but Mols was really outstanding.  Brad Lyons ought to have scored early on with a well worked move.

Who was the number 11

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Thanks. I will be keeping an eye on him

Same. We both thought the same thing watching that. Only 17 until October according to rovers.co.uk

@Parsonblue what do you make of him in general, presumably having seen a lot more than that little clip?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Same. We both thought the same thing watching that. Only 17 until October according to rovers.co.uk

@Parsonblue what do you make of him in general, presumably having seen a lot more than that little clip?

He played well but where I really noticed him was in the warm up. Some excellent finishing and then went on to play really well.

never heard of him before tonight. Might be a fluke but worth keeping an eye and ear out 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He played well but where I really noticed him was in the warm up. Some excellent finishing and then went on to play really well.

never heard of him before tonight. Might be a fluke but worth keeping an eye and ear out 

Ahh you saw the whole thing then. I was just going off the clip! We really do have an exciting crop. Hope the right ones get the right opportunities.

• Like 1

Comfortable win for the Under-23's at Kendal last night.  Four first half goals in a seven minute spell - Vale, Chapman 2 and Nuttall - proved far too much for Kendal.  Credit to them they worked hard in the second half, as the Rovers seemed to ease off, but never threatened our goal.  Louie Annesley again looked impressive at the back whilst Tom White and Brad Lyons held the midfield with little difficulty.  Chapman troubled them with his pace in the first half but often tried to beat one man too many and faded out of the picture in the second half - clearly still working on his fitness.  Nuttall troubled them with his strength and power but his finishing was erratic at times.  An enjoyable night in a very warm Kendal.

• Like 6