BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

8 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

In all honesty he wasn't all that he was made out to be Jack Vale is far better

I think the talk about other clubs being interested was to try and force Rovers into offering a contract, it was just agents doing what agents do

Totally agree.  Ultimately, he was no better than what we already had and didn't really have the impact one would have expected from someone who had been playing senior football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

See Platt has rejoined Barrow in the national league. A bit worrying that's the best team he drew interest from. 

Bizarre - if he’s not even League Two standard then he’s light years away from being ready for the Championship. Will move on when his contract expires you would imagine.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bizarre - if he’s not even League Two standard then he’s light years away from being ready for the Championship. Will move on when his contract expires you would imagine.

You would hope, anyway. But we do like to give out the occasional charity contract.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

You would hope, anyway. But we do like to give out the occasional charity contract.

Yeah, Wharton’s dined off a couple!

As an aside, tiny bit surprised Travis isn’t in the England under 21 squad. He can’t be too far off...although perhaps best he’s flying slightly under the radar for now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reality check how? 

Most people would assume that if Lennihan/Williams keep playing well, then Tosin will sit on the bench and have to fight his way into the team. But I think given the fee involved and the amount of time spent chasing him in the transfer window that Tosin will get played regardless of the form of Lenni/Williams.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Most people would assume that if Lennihan/Williams keep playing well, then Tosin will sit on the bench and have to fight his way into the team. But I think given the fee involved and the amount of time spent chasing him in the transfer window that Tosin will get played regardless of the form of Lenni/Williams.

Absolutely no way, barring injuries , that Mowbray will break Lenihan and Williams up. 

I think he could be used as a defensive midfielder from the bench to start with. Or, we might go 3 at the back, but I can't see anyway he will break the Lenihan/Williams partnership. Tony does some odd things for sure, but I can't see it in this instance. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Absolutely no way, barring injuries , that Mowbray will break Lenihan and Williams up. 

I think he could be used as a defensive midfielder from the bench to start with. Or, we might go 3 at the back, but I can't see anyway he will break the Lenihan/Williams partnership. Tony does some odd things for sure, but I can't see it in this instance. 

I agree we shouldn't break it up whilst the partnership is working well.

I just have a hunch that Tony will be under pressure to play Tosin, and shoehorn him into the team like he has with Gallagher.

Let's face it, if Tosin doesn't start any games before Christmas, he'll be off back to City in a flash come January.

Just now, OJRovers said:

I just have a hunch that Tony will be under pressure to play Tosin, and shoehorn him into the team like he has with Gallagher.

Let's face it, if Tosin doesn't start any games before Christmas, he'll be off back to City in a flash come January.

I wonder how that would work though with regards the fee we paid for him 

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As an aside, tiny bit surprised Travis isn’t in the England under 21 squad. He can’t be too far off...although perhaps best he’s flying slightly under the radar for now.

Unfortunately for Trav There's a lot of very good u21 midfield players in the Prem who because of the clubs there at they are in front of him, if he was a fullback or centre half he would be in with a shout

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a change of formation/system when Tosin is fit 

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Not if we have paid a million up front as rumoured. Doubt the contract allows that. If it does (without some sort of refund) then whoever signed it needs firing for incompetence.

24 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Unfortunately for Trav There's a lot of very good u21 midfield players in the Prem who because of the clubs there at they are in front of him, if he was a fullback or centre half he would be in with a shout

True, the squad is strong. He does seem to be looking at the Championship though, so could well have a sniff in the near future if he keeps up his form, and adds a bit more to his game.

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a change of formation/system when Tosin is fit 

Could see that as well. Williams, Lenihan and Tosin could be suited as a trio. Williams and Tosin have both full back experience and contribute forward as well. All three quite agile and far more dynamic then your Mulgrews.

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Doesn't play for the right club.

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s too old according to this. ‘98 births onwards. Travis was born October 1997.

71E36C86-25B2-4236-922D-6DB0D80AA257.png