BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

36 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s an absolute no brainier that Evans needs moving on and davenport could easily fill that slot.

i personally think davenport is a better all round player than Evans with the added bonus of potential and would like to see him anchor the midfield and give travis a bit more liscence to roam forward. If I was the manager that would be the first change I would make and let them build an understanding and proper partnership. Especially whilst this season is virtually over.

Agree with the idea but there is no chance Mowbray will do anything even slightly experimental at this point.

Unfortunately the season is far from over - for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s an absolute no brainier that Evans needs moving on and davenport could easily fill that slot.

i personally think davenport is a better all round player than Evans with the added bonus of potential and would like to see him anchor the midfield and give travis a bit more liscence to roam forward. If I was the manager that would be the first change I would make and let them build an understanding and proper partnership. Especially whilst this season is virtually over.

Virtually over ? Championship and FA cup 

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Stoke make a move for Corry seeing as the manager knows him well and always picks him for international duty.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they won't.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

It'll be interesting to see if Stoke make a move for Corry seeing as the manager knows him well and always picks him for international duty.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they won't.

They'll probably baulk at his wages and he knows he'll never get a better screw than he's on here.  We can hope though, i'd be delighted to see him go. Nothing against him but it would finally force us to have to try something different instead of constantly reverting to type.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

I hear plenty of lads are turning out for this one. Caley could have made it 1am ko. Wouldn't have made any difference.

Think Caley will be bricking it.

If we had 25+ police and dogs arrive by the end of the match for the 50 (IMO, nothing more than boisterous) Hertha fans as, seemingly, the stewards panicked and bottled it, how many 'storm troopers' is Caley going to request for this one!?!?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think Caley will be bricking it.

If we had 25+ police and dogs arrive by the end of the match for the 50 (IMO, nothing more than boisterous) Hertha fans as, seemingly, the stewards panicked and bottled it, how many 'storm troopers' is Caley going to request for this one!?!?

This game is being turned into a big deal. The Lancs Cup Final went by without issue last season, despite being an evening ko.

• Like 1

Was it 2010 when we played them in a youth cup game at Ewood?

Night match, well advertised and from memory a crowd of 10,000 turned up, including a fair few of them.

The club actually promoting and cherishing one of England’s top derbies, imagine that.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Was it 2010 when we played them in a youth cup game at Ewood?

Night match, well advertised and from memory a crowd of 10,000 turned up, including a fair few of them.

The club actually promoting and cherishing one of England’s top derbies, imagine that.

Went to that one as well.

It’s definitely a problem with this regime, and it has to be about cost of stewarding and policing.

We are saving pennies and squandering millions.

But it’s a false economy as they are ruining the spectacle and putting off spectators, and in the end it costs more anyway. The cost saved on not opening the JWL (DE side) on Friday was almost certainly wiped out with the cost of calling the police out post-match.

Fans are now at best a secondary consideration and at worst an afterthought. We were family club of the year two years running until very recently!

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Went to that one as well.

It’s definitely a problem with this regime, and it has to be about cost of stewarding and policing.

We are saving pennies and squandering millions.

But it’s a false economy as they are ruining the spectacle and putting off spectators, and in the end it costs more anyway. The cost saved on not opening the JWL (DE side) on Friday was almost certainly wiped out with the cost of calling the police out post-match.

Fans are now at best a secondary consideration and at worst an afterthought. We were family club of the year two years running until very recently!

This is the problem, they are so docile they just want an easy number but it often backfires. Just like having to open the lower tier of the DE to accommodate a couple of hundred when the top is full.

Absolute cretins.

For a game like the Burnley one the size of Ewood is justifiable for once so use the damn place. Restricted number of fans in opposite ends like last time and no one goes anywhere near each other.  There was handbags outside after the one a few years ago but that's all it was and it was quickly dealt with.

I'm sure the Blackburn police have a lot to do with it they don't want to be bothered policing any potential flashpoints on foot for a few hours. Yet quite happy to have teams of stormtroopers sitting in vans and 4x4's on standby in case they are needed. Scoffing Macdonalds and being paid whilst just lurking somewhere in case they are needed like the other night and no doubt same at Leyland.

On 17/11/2019 at 05:13, K-Hod said:

So, just so we are clear, do you not rate Harry Chapman?

It used to be Nyambe but he has since gone quiet on that one since he has been featuring. Now every second post of his is this weird obsession with Chapman.

• Like 2

Spot on whoever said Evans might as well be shipped out and Davenport brought into the squad. Evans has always been a waste of a wage until his contract is about to expire or Ireland have some games coming up. he is on the bench now too, Davenport will cost less, be more effective, and not be complete shite.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Spot on whoever said Evans might as well be shipped out and Davenport brought into the squad. Evans has always been a waste of a wage until his contract is about to expire or Ireland have some games coming up. he is on the bench now too, Davenport will cost less, be more effective, and not be complete shite.

Smallwood is a worse player than Evans at this level (but better than him in League One, where his technical deficiency wasn't shown up), and there is literally no room for him in the squad other than to occasionally, pointlessly, hold back a u23 from getting a game at that level.

However, Evans is probably on double, maybe triple the money. I'm of the opinion we could shed both and not be any weaker as a squad. In the medium, or maybe even short term, we'd be stronger, as it would open the pathway for the youngsters who play that position. Even if we decide we need to rely on experience instead, we'd still have: Travis, Johnson, Bennett, Downing. Even Buckley and Davenport both have a bit of experience at this level too. Arguably Rothwell or Dack can play there too in certain games, in a more advanced capacity.

Thanks for the immense effort Richie, and thanks for playing well when you felt like it Corry, but it's time for you both to move on for the good of the club and your own careers.

• Like 8

Evans can be a tidy player on his day. Problem is it's mostly Northern Ireland who get to see that. Is he more suited to international football or just going through the motions here? I think he's been coasting for a long time and we need to get shot.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 3

On 17/11/2019 at 04:33, Stuart said:

I think it’s wishful thinking to think this season is over. There is a very real chance of a relegation battle to contend with yet.

That is my concern too.  Very real possibility under this fella.  ToMo gotta go.

On 17/11/2019 at 03:51, Crimpshrine said:

Agree with the idea but there is no chance Mowbray will do anything even slightly experimental at this point.

Unfortunately the season is far from over - for all the wrong reasons.

I thought he was doing that every week.  Seems to me constantly playing players out of position could be considered as experimental no?

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I think he is still recovering from injury - Grayson (long term), Doyle, and Annesley are also out at the moment

I did wonder what happened to Annesley. We are having a terrible time with defenders at the minute! I think Magloire is injured too? (He was at the game on Friday with his mum and dad).