BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Dan Butterworth showed some unattractive traits that I’ve seen in Harry Chapman. I didn’t say once it was his fault for it. How pathetic. Try and actually read what I put and don’t be dense/read WAYYYYYY to fat into things.

No, you try reading what I put. I was saying I knew you would reference Chapman, and then I asked you directly whether you feel he is in some way responsible for DB's outburst. I didn't accuse you of it. Try not to read too much into things (I won't accuse you of being dense).

You say you're not blaming Chapman, that's fine, that's logical. It does beg the question why you felt the need to reference him yet again in something he wasn't involved with, but that'll be on account of your evident obsession.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You say you're not blaming Chapman, that's fine, that's logical. It does beg the question why you felt the need to reference him yet again in something he wasn't involved with, but that'll be on account of your evident obsession.

You said "bringing it back to Chapman". I didn't bring anything back to him. I merely compared the two of them, as DB showed some traits that HC has been showing as of late. Your eagerness to pull me up on my opinions about HC far outweighs my supposed obsession to make everything about Harry Chapman.

Why not just let me have my opinion, without having to make such a petulant, childish thing out of it that I assume you and definitely I can't be arsed with?

Just now, Stuart said:

Can’t see him being called up for Wednesday.

The U23s look so much better without him in the side. (Or Brereton).

I don’t know about the U23s but I think the first team would look better with Chapman in it . Let’s face it, it couldn’t be worse than Saturday.

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don’t know about the U23s but I think the first team would look better with Chapman in it . Let’s face it, it couldn’t be worse than Saturday.

No way would Chapman get into the first team at the moment. Even despite how bad we’ve been.

• Like 1

Tough night, three losses on the trott. Poor from most expect Stefan Mols who was pretty fantastic through out. Vale and Butterworth struggled to get any ball from the midfield and they had a bit 6ft 5 striker to bounce everything off.

Deserved to lose in the end, but nice to see Davenport amongst the goals, and the ever impressive Andy Fisher back in net.

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

Tough night, three losses on the trott. Poor from most expect Stefan Mols who was pretty fantastic through out. Vale and Butterworth struggled to get any ball from the midfield and they had a bit 6ft 5 striker to bounce everything off.

Deserved to lose in the end, but nice to see Davenport amongst the goals, and the ever impressive Andy Fisher back in net.

I agree that Mols was our standout player tonight.

I disagree that we deserved to lose. A draw would have been a fair result. We could and maybe should have nicked it near the end too.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

No way would Chapman get into the first team at the moment. Even despite how bad we’ve been.

The only reason I can see why he isn’t picked, is because of Mowbray obsession with a form of play that just isn’t working

Just now, rigger said:

The only reason I can see why he isn’t picked, is because of Mowbray obsession with a form of play that just isn’t working

Possible. But I seen him in a few games recently and he just looks like he is only in it for himself. Tries to do too much with the ball and doesn’t have enough about him to impress against youngsters.

Just now, rigger said:

Another reason is he's nowhere near shown the abilities some other Under 23's players have?

I thought it was a better showing from Rovers than in the last 3 or 4 games but not great. An inexperienced side. Uneventful first half, we started the second well but they recovered well to going behind. Thought Benfica looked a decent side at times and a step ahead of us. Unfortunate to lose it so late on which ends our involvement in the competition

Totally agree with JH Rover and Stuart that tonight was a much better performance and more like the Under-23's that we are used to.  I thought it was a really good game to watch with two sides going for the win.  Mols and Davenport were the pick of the team for me.  Both were excellent, particularly in the second half.  Neither side really deserved to lose but, in fairness, Benfica did score two cracking goals late on.

Hopefully, we'll keep a similar team on Friday against the Clarets - we look so much better without the so called 'starman' sulking on the wing!

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Another reason is he's nowhere near shown the abilities some other Under 23's players have?

Give him a chance in the first team. If he doesn’t impress try someone else. But don’t persist with a system that isn’t working.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree with JH Rover and Stuart that tonight was a much better performance and more like the Under-23's that we are used to.  I thought it was a really good game to watch with two sides going for the win.  Mols and Davenport were the pick of the team for me.  Both were excellent, particularly in the second half.  Neither side really deserved to lose but, in fairness, Benfica did score two cracking goals late on.

Hopefully, we'll keep a similar team on Friday against the Clarets - we look so much better without the so called 'starman' sulking on the wing!

Gladwin will rip the Dingles apart. 

Just now, rigger said:

Give him a chance in the first team. If he doesn’t impress try someone else. But don’t persist with a system that isn’t working.

But surely that chance has to earned. If he gets picked ahead of others who have been far better in attitude and performance what message does that send out. We can't afford any more passengers in the first team let alone one with a seemingly bad attitude.

Just now, arbitro said:

But surely that chance has to earned. If he gets picked ahead of others who have been far better in attitude and performance what message does that send out. We can't afford any more passengers in the first team let alone one with a seemingly bad attitude.

Wasn't he performing well in the U23s earlier in the season? Still never got a league appearance. Meanwhile the usual suspects play week in, week out. Where's the incentive?

Just now, arbitro said:

If as a pro footballer you sign for a club, it is not beyond expectation that you will get a chance in the first team. I can see how not being given that chance has pissed him off.

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

Wasn't he performing well in the U23s earlier in the season? Still never got a league appearance. Meanwhile the usual suspects play week in, week out. Where's the incentive?

I saw him against Accrington in the Lancs Senior Cup and on the evidence of that he shouldn't have got near the first team. I also saw him in a League Cup match this season against Oldham (I think) and he didn't do anything to justify him playing in the league. I speak to people who watch the under 23's regularly and nearly all of them question his attitude and commitment (as Mowbray did).

I don't think he should be ahead of the likes if Butterworth or Rankin-Costello who have pretty much played consistently well.

I think quite a few are calling for him to play based on a few appearances in his first spell.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I saw him against Accrington in the Lancs Senior Cup and on the evidence of that he shouldn't have got near the first team. I also saw him in a League Cup match this season against Oldham (I think) and he didn't do anything to justify him playing in the league. I speak to people who watch the under 23's regularly and nearly all of them question his attitude and commitment (as Mowbray did).

I don't think he should be ahead of the likes if Butterworth or Rankin-Costello who have pretty much played consistently well.

I think quite a few are calling for him to play based on a few appearances in his first spell.

Fair enough. I will have to defer to those who have seen play regularly.

However, he was getting rave reviews here: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/harry-nominated-for-monthly-award

Edited by Amo

Just now, rigger said:

If as a pro footballer you sign for a club, it is not beyond expectation that you will get a chance in the first team. I can see how not being given that chance has pissed him off.

Surely you have to earn the right to play. 

Not playing him due to his poor attitude and performances is one of the few things I agree with Mowbray about.