BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Preston obviously stung by us nabbing Dolan...

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/club-update-youth-development/

“Men’s football”

“The current academy system has four categories, Category One, essentially Premier League clubs

Their bitterness makes stealing Dolan from under their noses even more satisfying.

Now if only we could steal their manager...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“Men’s football”

“The current academy system has four categories, Category One, essentially Premier League clubs

Their bitterness makes stealing Dolan from under their noses even more satisfying.

Now if only we could steal their manager...

Interestingly, Neil cops for plenty on their message board. I would've thought that he would be praised for walking on water given the job that he's done there.

49 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Interestingly, Neil cops for plenty on their message board. I would've thought that he would be praised for walking on water given the job that he's done there.

They seem an overly demanding bunch. I remember one telling me Grayson had taken them as far as he could, in what I think was their first season back up from league One where he had them halfway up the league and the season wasn't that far in. I was thinking he didn't know he was born and asked what he expected.

45 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

They seem an overly demanding bunch. I remember one telling me Grayson had taken them as far as he could, in what I think was their first season back up from league One where he had them halfway up the league and the season wasn't that far in. I was thinking he didn't know he was born and asked what he expected.

Sounds like another club’s message board I know....

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Miker said:

Sounds like another club’s message board I know....

I knew somebody was going to pop up saying something like this, but honestly I was hoping to avoid having to explain the extensive differences. I still can't be arsed tbh.

Short version though, if you think ourselves and Preston should have had similar expectations after coming out of League One, you're selling us short. They'd been down there for 4 seasons not 1, and we had a lot more financial muscle.

Personally I didn't want him sacked at that point anyway, and I wouldn't say the majority of this board did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The U23 beat Carlisle U23 4-0

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/september/report-rovers-u23s-4-0-carlisle-united-u23s/

Davenport and Wharton played full 90 mins to gain match fitness.

18-year old Sam Burns with a hattrick and Luke Brennan (who got a goal vs Fleetwood) got the other.

Will be exciting to see if Burns can continue his progress at U23 level. Watched him when the U-18 smashed Arsenal in the FA Youth and was impressed. Very fast and energetic. Also quite stocky build which made him hard to brush aside. 

Was also impressed by Jared Harlock in midfield. Playmaker who dictated the tempo in that game. Another one to keep an eye on for the U23. 

• Like 7

Tonight's game against City can be watched on City's platform. For free, although that's because theres a 30 day free trial followed by 1.99 per month, so just make sure to cancel it before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/watch-man-city-eds-blackburn-rovers-city-63736015

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tonight's game against City can be watched on City's platform. For free, although that's because theres a 30 day free trial followed by 1.99 per month, so just make sure to cancel it before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/watch-man-city-eds-blackburn-rovers-city-63736015

Good find.

20 minutes in and City's quality on the ball is starting to show. No obvious world beaters though - disappointing for such a wealthy club. 

• Like 2