1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Correct.

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch

That's what you said, and is specific to this game. BT Sport don't tend to broadcast any of our other U23 or U18 matches. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rovers in full control won 2-1. Liverpool manager says it was the worst performance of the season so we must have done something well Gave away a sloppy goal 10 min before the end. Keeper came flappin

Chaddy, it is impossible to defend the kick-off time for the Burnley game.  It's another kick in the teeth for supporters.  I can attend but friends who work can't attend.  If I had been working I wou

Excellent performance by the Under-21's last night at St. George's Park - and what an outstanding venue that is.   We really ought to have won by more than one and controlled the game for long pe

Posted Images

One heck of a good run by the under-18s last season although the 20/21 crop are struggling a bit.

The Under 23s should be strong for at least a couple of seasons now and despite congestion in the first team squad, no reason why some shouldn't join Brennan in knocking on the door.

12 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Like the look of the 2 centre halves Saadi and Garrett. Left back cirino done well also

Which is impressive for those guys as one plays in midfield for the 23’s and the others a left-back primarily

I liked Lonsdale, always been a fan of Dan Pike and clearly Brennan is the “one” from that side. Really great he’s made his Championship debut as well, always want to bed them in early.

Some will grow as Under 23’s players, some will stunt in their progress but that’s youth development.

At this age Lewis Travis was a failed full back, released from his academy. Came here and did okay at Right Back for our 23’s, before becoming one of our most promising young midfielders in a decade.

They all grow at different rates.

8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch

That's what you said, and is specific to this game. BT Sport don't tend to broadcast any of our other U23 or U18 matches. 

I guess you really are the kind of poster I thought you were. Don’t be confused if I don’t reply to any more posts.

Saw the first half where I thought we did well against a good team. The kids took over the tv after that so didn’t see the rest. How did the other semi finish ? 

from a first brief view looks like we have some good young talent. Very promising 

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Saw the first half where I thought we did well against a good team. The kids took over the tv after that so didn’t see the rest. How did the other semi finish ? 

from a first brief view looks like we have some good young talent. Very promising 

The Man U v Chelsea semi is playing today and the Final is on Monday.

The Under 23s game v Spurs wasn't played yesterday because of the under 18s game being played under last season's age limit rules. Our next game is relegation Arsenal at home on Friday 6th.

The under 18s are third from bottom with the next two fixtures being against Sunderland and Newcastle- the two clubs below them.

36 minutes ago, philipl said:

The Man U v Chelsea semi is playing today and the Final is on Monday.

The Under 23s game v Spurs wasn't played yesterday because of the under 18s game being played under last season's age limit rules. Our next game is relegation Arsenal at home on Friday 6th.

The under 18s are third from bottom with the next two fixtures being against Sunderland and Newcastle- the two clubs below them.

Chelsea beat United 1-0 last night immediately after our game.

6 hours ago, iSeeRed said:

Tyler Magloire seems to be going on loan to Hartlepool in the Conference. 

Very physical league the conference. Most of the clubs are fully professional not a big difference to league 2.

Vale is back! Presumable Sam Burn is on the bench.

Stewart Downing on the bench as #Rovers U23s look to extend their unbeaten start to the season against Arsenal. Jack Vale also back after injury. Team: Stergiakis, Pike, Barnes, Saadi, Thompson, Lyons, Whitehall, Paton, Brennan, McBride, Vale

#Rovers lining up in a 4-3-3, with Vale as the centre forward, Brennan on the right and McBride the left.

Well...that unbeaten start ended rather spectacularly...

6-0 to Arsenal, and we were the home side. Included a Pike own goal, which is probably how they got that score with only 5 shots on target.

Guess the Greek might not be the answer to our current keeping issue.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Is Louis Annesley injured or is our friend from Gibraltar about to see him on the bench v QPR this afternoon?

Probably more likely that Rovers have let him go early for the International break. Playing for Gibraltar in competitive games is probably at least as good as an under 23 game for him.