BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

43 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Pretty certain that Chapman isn’t going to make it with us.

The difference in effort, bravery to want the ball, and the pure desire and workrate between him and Dolan is very noticeable when they’re on the same pitch.

I used to be a Chapman fan, but I have to agree he doesn't have a future here and Dolan is a far better player at what, 3 years his junior?

But I maintain this is partly TM's fault. There have been times it was patently obvious Chapman should have had chances to play for us, and I believe the damage was done by not making that happen and playing 'wide strikers' instead. I think Chapman has lost all belief that he will ever properly break into our team no matter what he does.

Of course, it's up to him to keep persevering anyway, it's his career after all and opportunities can appear elsewhere if he works hard, but I know from experience how demotivating it can be to be repeatedly overlooked when you shouldn't be. Hope for his sake he gets a move and fixes his head.

My main worry is the potential for Dolan to follow the same path. Barely played yet one of our top scorers. Think it will be fine for him to learn this season with cameos, but if it goes on too long he might lose belief that he is valued here too.

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Anyone watching got any view on how Dack looked?

He didn’t exactly light it up. Couple of good passes but fairly anonymous.

He squared up to a 12 year old for a naughty challenge. That was good. Nowhere near fit imo.

Chapman came alive second half just to make me look a div.

Reckon we could make decent money on Dolan if he never played another first team game. Shitloads of potential.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

You’re a better man than me if you can tell WHERE he is playing.

Didn't know that “big head” Gary Bowyer ended up at Derby reserves... thought he would want a top job now whatever the level.

Playing the Tugay aka Holtby role from what I could make out 😳

That was a good watch for a Monday night.

I'd be picking Dolan and even Chapman over Gallagher going off that, of course he won't do though.

Dack looks some way off being match fit, understandably so. Reserves don't play again till the end of Jan though so that's not ideal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, philipl said:

Of course he is ring rusty but there are 6 days before hopefully he is among the subs on Boxing Day and gets a few minutes at the end.

I hope not. It would be typical Tony if that were to happen. Easy does it. We don't want further long term injuries to him.

Really enjoyed the game tonight. Derby had a strong looking side out and we stood up to the challenge well. Davenport & Chapman grew into the game. Dolan a threat throughout. I was really impressed by Whitehall at RB before he went off with a knock. Dack got 45 minutes into his legs. Nothing of note from him; couple of nice passes and he was dropping deep a lot to get more of the ball. 

Edited by RoverKyle