BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

It's on ManuTV but you will have to pay for it.

Well I'm not going to pay The Entrained Scum any money at all. Leicester City, a very respectable club, let me watch the last game free.

• Like 1

The MUTV coverage is like listening to Germany Calling - they're shit scared of praising anything Rovers do or criticising anything Man United do. Everything they've done has been fantastic, they're by far the better team and Rover have lucked into two goals.... apparently. 🤣

I can see why this Rovers team does well in the PL2 - they're hard working and well drilled. Individually they're not as good as some of the United players (they have two lads called Hannibal and Shoretire who look a class apart), but there's a few promising prospects for sure - especially considering we're only asking them to play in the Championship. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

McBride can't be far off a First XI call up. He looks a talent and he's bulked up since he arrived.

McBride looks promising.

People will no doubt compare him to Nuttall but he’s got much more about him.

Finishes well, good touch and hold up play, runs the channels well and as you say he’s filling out.

Pike can’t be far away from the squad either.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just googled him - he's got his own news article on their website: Amad Diallo joins from Atalanta.

Yeah, no wonder he's rinsing Cirino - he legit might be the best player he'll ever face. 

I think it was £19 Million they paid for him with potential addons taking the deal up to £37 Million. He certainly looks a player, his decision making is fantastic.

And now he gets a deserved goal 6-4.

Edited by Ewood Ace

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I think it was £19 Million they paid for him with potential addons taking the deal up to £37 Million. He certainly looks a player, his decision making is fantastic.

And now he gets a deserved goal 6-4.

It's mental, isn't it?

The disparity between the haves and the have nots has never been more stark. 

1 minute ago, skous18 said:

Hannibal, Neville and Shoretire from United have been a different class today.

In contrast all Rovers players have looked average.

The United commentators crowing finally got to me. I hate that club.

At the end of the day it's one of the top youth academies in the country (I shudder to think what they spend on their Academy), supplemented by £20m imports vs a very good Academy that lives off United / City / Everton / Liverpool Academy rejects and the second tier of local young talent (that isn't snapped up by the aforementioned).

From the games I've watched this season I think McBride, Pike and Thompson (didn't play today) could all step up into the First XI squad tomorrow and not look out of place - that's a huge win for us and makes the Academy worthwhile.

I thought Nolan and Harlock looked decent today - I'd like to see more of them. Brennan flatters to deceive for me - I'm glad we kept hold of him when other teams were sniffing around, but I'm yet to see a great player. 

Tonight - once our players tired we lost our shape and United just came at us in waves. They have far more talented players, as you'd expect. 

• Like 1