BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Joe Hilton on the bench for Ross tonight live on Sky. Seems like a completely pointless loan spell sending him all the way up there just to sit on the bench every week. Do we not do any due diligence when we send our players out on loan because too often our players go out on loan and just sit on the bench. As Hilton, Vale and Grayson are all doing now and as Brennan did earlier in the season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Joe Hilton on the bench for Ross tonight live on Sky. Seems like a completely pointless loan spell sending him all the way up there just to sit on the bench every week. Do we not do any due diligence when we send our players out on loan because too often our players go out on loan and just sit on the bench. As Hilton, Vale and Grayson are all doing now and as Brennan did earlier in the season.

We need a Mowbray type at all the clubs we send people to to promise to give minutes to players like he does with our loanees.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

With playoffs gone. Once we guarantee our safety in this league we need to be looking at who else can make the step up to the first team.

With Nyambe facing a spell I think it would be a good opportunity to give Dan Pike a go at right back. 

Is there anyone that you feel is ready to step up?

McBride scores goals.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Looks like it👍try again win %35

Last 6 managers at St. Johnstone and win percentages:

Callum Davidson - 35.135%

Tommy Wright - 40.836%

Steve Lomas - 36.111%

Derek McInnes - 40.113%

Owen Coyle - 52.857%

John Connolly - 35.897%

That Coyle bloke sounds like a good one 😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Last 6 managers at St. Johnstone and win percentages:

Callum Davidson - 35.135%

Tommy Wright - 40.836%

Steve Lomas - 36.111%

Derek McInnes - 40.113%

Owen Coyle - 52.857%

John Connolly - 35.897%

That Coyle bloke sounds like a good one 😂

Currently managing in India. Left St Johnstone for the six fingered ones .it's all about timing in a managerial career at that time he was on the way up when he reached us very much on the way down.

On 23/02/2021 at 17:59, Rogerb said:

Currently managing in India. Left St Johnstone for the six fingered ones .it's all about timing in a managerial career at that time he was on the way up when he reached us very much on the way down.

Reached the ISL final at Chennaiyin (top 4 in the league all go into championship playoffs like in Australia and North America) but struggling in mid-table with Jamshedpur.

Stefan Mols and Lewis Thompson are two that seem to have hit a glass ceiling. They've performed well at U23 regularly, in a successful team, with Mols captaining the side quite often, yet, there's not even a hint of them progressing. Mols obviously had a doomed loan spell somewhere in the Spanish lower leagues, which casts doubt on his ability or mentality, but given his success at U23 level - with him getting plaudits, I would have thought we may have seen more of him, given our own struggles. 

If it's deemed he's not going to make it, hope he - and Thompson - can get a move soon, as they've put in a shift for the reserves.

On 02/03/2021 at 09:34, 47er said:

Mols having a trial at Burnley. I've just noticed this story. Have I missed something or is this new?

He played for their under 23's on Monday against West Brom. He was named on the official team sheet but down as 'trialist' on the PL website. A friend was at the game and said he played well. For him to be having a trial elsewhere we must have cancelled his contract and paid him up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

He played for their under 23's on Monday against West Brom. He was named on the official team sheet but down as 'trialist' on the PL website. A friend was at the game and said he played well. For him to be having a trial elsewhere we must have cancelled his contract and paid him up.

Not necessarily, and in fact we probably haven't. The LT article implied he is under contract as they said he is expected to leave in the summer. If we plan to release it makes sense to let them trial him, with the other kids who might have a future here doing well in the league.

Hopefully we can let him leave with a sell on, or just loan him out for the rest of the season to save a bit of wage. Pretty sure youth loans are allowed outside the full window - didn't Wright-Phillips join us that way?

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not necessarily, and in fact we probably haven't. The LT article implied he is under contract as they said he is expected to leave in the summer. If we plan to release it makes sense to let them trial him, with the other kids who might have a future here doing well in the league.

Hopefully we can let him leave with a sell on, or just loan him out for the rest of the season to save a bit of wage. Pretty sure youth loans are allowed outside the full window - didn't Wright-Phillips join us that way?

I didn't think you can play for another club whilst under contract, even as a trialist. We can't loan him out either as the window is closed. The only option I believe is terminating his deal.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I didn't think you can play for another club whilst under contract, even as a trialist. We can't loan him out either as the window is closed. The only option I believe is terminating his deal.

You certainly can in the youth teams on FM (but not in competitive pro games). It's not real life I know, but they're rarely wrong with those kinds of details.

43 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You certainly can in the youth teams on FM (but not in competitive pro games). It's not real life I know, but they're rarely wrong with those kinds of details.

He played in a league game for their under 23 team. My understanding is that you can't be registered for two clubs unless it's a loan deal. 

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

He played in a league game for their under 23 team. My understanding is that you can't be registered for two clubs unless it's a loan deal. 

Yes I know he played in a league game for their u23s. U23s is not what I meant by a competitive pro game. Maybe the loan outside a window isn't possible (although it's a youth loan- that's the terminology that was used when we borrowed DM Wright-Phillips), but a trial, I'm virtually certain that's allowed and enables you to play youth games. But not first team games.

We are only going in circles here though. I'd be surprised if Mols is gone with no announcement though.

Edited by bluebruce

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Mols at Burnley...? 😢

Genuinely gutted to read that.

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think somebody at his age who couldn't trouble the Spanish 4th tier (was it?) is going to be playing in the Prem. They'll be looking to sign him to cheaply boost their u23 team for a bit.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think somebody at his age who couldn't trouble the Spanish 4th tier (was it?) is going to be playing in the Prem. They'll be looking to sign him to cheaply boost their u23 team for a bit.

Have you watched Mols play? Something not right about his development. Damien Duff would have been released by this bunch.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Have you watched Mols play? Something not right about his development. Damien Duff would have been released by this bunch.

Why couldn't he regularly get a game at a poor level in Spain?