• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rovers in full control won 2-1. Liverpool manager says it was the worst performance of the season so we must have done something well Gave away a sloppy goal 10 min before the end. Keeper came flappin

Chaddy, it is impossible to defend the kick-off time for the Burnley game.  It's another kick in the teeth for supporters.  I can attend but friends who work can't attend.  If I had been working I wou

Excellent performance by the Under-21's last night at St. George's Park - and what an outstanding venue that is.   We really ought to have won by more than one and controlled the game for long pe

Posted Images

Can't help but notice from the highlights the pitch our u23s played on (Leyland is it?) is in much better nick than ours. I know it's not ours but couldn't we have paid a small fee to train on that instead? Or hell, even play on it.....

I see Magloire played the whole game for Motherwell in a 3-0 home defeat to St Johnstone. Grayson was on the bench for Oxford. Carter also played the whole game in a 3-0 home defeat to Sunderland. Chapman had a full 90 minutes for Shrews. Fisher was on the winning team in goal for MK Dons in spite of picking 3 out of the back of the net.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see Magloire played the whole game for Motherwell in a 3-0 home defeat to St Johnstone. Grayson was on the bench for Oxford. Carter also played the whole game in a 3-0 home defeat to Sunderland. Chapman had a full 90 minutes for Shrews. Fisher was on the winning team in goal for MK Dons in spite of picking 3 out of the back of the net.

Having watched Grayson's half the other night for Oxford I don't think he'll be getting much more game time unless they get some injuries.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see Carter and Maglorie playing. 

Yeah, I just wish the scores would have been the other way around.

It's starting to look like Sunderland are getting their act together. I've got a pal who supports them. I've not called him for a while because they were really struggling. 

Something of a baptism of fire for Tyler on full debut for motherwell who managed a single shot to St Johnstone having 22 according to BBC stats. Also rumours of a number of first team players at odds with Alexander over his training methods not a happy ship at the moment.

51 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Something of a baptism of fire for Tyler on full debut for motherwell who managed a single shot to St Johnstone having 22 according to BBC stats. Also rumours of a number of first team players at odds with Alexander over his training methods not a happy ship at the moment.

Callum Davidson is doing a good job at St Johnstone,maybe keep an eye on him for someone to look out for in the future for manager.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Callum Davidson is doing a good job at St Johnstone,maybe keep an eye on him for someone to look out for in the future for manager.

Yes I did raise his name when St Johnstone won their semi final. Still early days in his managerial career but good signs so far.

27 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Yes I did raise his name when St Johnstone won their semi final. Still early days in his managerial career but good signs so far.

How well have they done since he took charge? 

What formation is he playing?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How well have they done since he took charge? 

What formation is he playing?

Playing 3-4-2-1

W13 D11 L 13 win %39.

Not too shabby when you are unlikely to get anything out of two teams in the league.

Joe Hilton on the bench for Ross tonight live on Sky. Seems like a completely pointless loan spell sending him all the way up there just to sit on the bench every week. Do we not do any due diligence when we send our players out on loan because too often our players go out on loan and just sit on the bench. As Hilton, Vale and Grayson are all doing now and as Brennan did earlier in the season.

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Joe Hilton on the bench for Ross tonight live on Sky. Seems like a completely pointless loan spell sending him all the way up there just to sit on the bench every week. Do we not do any due diligence when we send our players out on loan because too often our players go out on loan and just sit on the bench. As Hilton, Vale and Grayson are all doing now and as Brennan did earlier in the season.

We need a Mowbray type at all the clubs we send people to to promise to give minutes to players like he does with our loanees.

With playoffs gone. Once we guarantee our safety in this league we need to be looking at who else can make the step up to the first team.

With Nyambe facing a spell I think it would be a good opportunity to give Dan Pike a go at right back. 

Is there anyone that you feel is ready to step up?

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

With playoffs gone. Once we guarantee our safety in this league we need to be looking at who else can make the step up to the first team.

With Nyambe facing a spell I think it would be a good opportunity to give Dan Pike a go at right back. 

Is there anyone that you feel is ready to step up?

McBride scores goals.

On 21/02/2021 at 16:59, Rogerb said:

Playing 3-4-2-1

W13 D11 L 13 win %39.

Not too shabby when you are unlikely to get anything out of two teams in the league.

Think you need a new calculator 😂

25 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Looks like it👍try again win %35

Last 6 managers at St. Johnstone and win percentages:

Callum Davidson - 35.135%

Tommy Wright - 40.836%

Steve Lomas - 36.111%

Derek McInnes - 40.113%

Owen Coyle - 52.857%

John Connolly - 35.897%

That Coyle bloke sounds like a good one 😂

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Last 6 managers at St. Johnstone and win percentages:

Callum Davidson - 35.135%

Tommy Wright - 40.836%

Steve Lomas - 36.111%

Derek McInnes - 40.113%

Owen Coyle - 52.857%

John Connolly - 35.897%

That Coyle bloke sounds like a good one 😂

Currently managing in India. Left St Johnstone for the six fingered ones .it's all about timing in a managerial career at that time he was on the way up when he reached us very much on the way down.

On 23/02/2021 at 17:59, Rogerb said:

Currently managing in India. Left St Johnstone for the six fingered ones .it's all about timing in a managerial career at that time he was on the way up when he reached us very much on the way down.

Reached the ISL final at Chennaiyin (top 4 in the league all go into championship playoffs like in Australia and North America) but struggling in mid-table with Jamshedpur.

9 hours ago, inflikted said:

Anyway 1-1 draw with Spuds yesterday

Solid result away, with no Pike or McBride due to first team 'involvement'.

Stefan Mols and Lewis Thompson are two that seem to have hit a glass ceiling. They've performed well at U23 regularly, in a successful team, with Mols captaining the side quite often, yet, there's not even a hint of them progressing. Mols obviously had a doomed loan spell somewhere in the Spanish lower leagues, which casts doubt on his ability or mentality, but given his success at U23 level - with him getting plaudits, I would have thought we may have seen more of him, given our own struggles. 

If it's deemed he's not going to make it, hope he - and Thompson - can get a move soon, as they've put in a shift for the reserves.