BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I’ll take that as a no.

Once or twice, but I'll take your answer as you don't know why he hasn't been able to get into a poor Spanish side once men's football came along, at an age when he should really be kicking on.

And yes, I'm aware he was rated by those who had seen him regularly. I'm also aware numerous other highly rated youth players have vanished into obscurity because men's football is different gravy.

Even to use one sort of making his way in senior football, there was more noise about Buckley and I'm yet to be impressed.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Once or twice, but I'll take your answer as you don't know why he hasn't been able to get into a poor Spanish side once men's football came along, at an age when he should really be kicking on.

And yes, I'm aware he was rated by those who had seen him regularly. I'm also aware numerous other highly rated youth players have vanished into obscurity because men's football is different gravy.

Even to use one sort of making his way in senior football, there was more noise about Buckley and I'm yet to be impressed.

Lots of players don’t get into teams for reasons unknown or due to incompetent managers.

Josh King couldn’t get a game working for Bowyer. Look how their respective careers panned out.

Maybe the manager of said Spanish club is as clueless as some of our managers, who knows.

I stand by my original point: I’m disappointed we didn’t take Mols to the next step. But then players rarely do progress on Mowbray’s slow motion conveyor belt where they have to wait while he develops PL players, who get to make their mistakes here instead. If one of our youngsters has made a game-ending mistake like Harvey Elliott did this week they’d have been dropped like a stone after a public hanging-out-to-dry.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen Mols play, but it just seems really bizarre that he isn’t good enough for us, but he’s good enough for Burnley, who, as we know, play a division higher than us....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lots of players don’t get into teams for reasons unknown or due to incompetent managers.

Josh King couldn’t get a game working for Bowyer. Look how their respective careers panned out.

Maybe the manager of said Spanish club is as clueless as some of our managers, who knows.

I stand by my original point: I’m disappointed we didn’t take Mols to the next step. But then players rarely do progress on Mowbray’s slow motion conveyor belt where they have to wait while he develops PL players, who get to make their mistakes here instead. If one of our youngsters has made a game-ending mistake like Harvey Elliott did this week they’d have been dropped like a stone after a public hanging-out-to-dry.

Aye. Time will tell if Mols is a Tomlinson or a King, or something inbetween, we will just have to wait and see now. I'm still not too worried though. The Spanish side may have a stupid manager, but their 4th tier is a lot weaker than our 4th tier. If he is as good as we would need him to be, now being 22, I don't feel it would matter how bad their manager was. It was a shame to hear how little impact he made there, as he did seem a cracking prospect at one time.

Agree our use of young players, both in terms of the first team and the loans we manage to get them, isn't where it should be despite some successful break through to the first team.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen Mols play, but it just seems really bizarre that he isn’t good enough for us, but he’s good enough for Burnley, who, as we know, play a division higher than us....

Burnley u23s. Who as we know, play a division lower than us. I'm suspecting it's more a case of making their youth team more competitive in the hope of reaching top tier to attract proper youngsters. Like how we brought in Lyons and White at fairly advanced ages for youth players. I never felt like either was expected to break into the first team. I'd even say Lyons has exceeded expectations, but he doesn't seem to be remotely considered for our first team.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Burnley u23s. Who as we know, play a division lower than us. I'm suspecting it's more a case of making their youth team more competitive in the hope of reaching top tier to attract proper youngsters. Like how we brought in Lyons and White at fairly advanced ages for youth players. I never felt like either was expected to break into the first team. I'd even say Lyons has exceeded expectations, but he doesn't seem to be remotely considered for our first team.

You keep pointing this out but his prospects at Burnley are far greater than at Rovers, time now at least.

If he performs in Div 2 (the only benchmark they will have) as he performed for us there then he may get a first team opportunity. There is certainly a far greater incentive there than to stay here and - best case - try to break into Mowbray’s dysfunctional team. Probably at full back.

I’m not sure I can cope with another few years of Mowbray. I’m desperately hoping that he is gone soon. Sadly I fear that the only way he will be sacked is if we are in the bottom three - too late and not attractive to any decent managers. Or relegation at which point he probably will walk. For all his talk of integrity and not wanting to be a burden it’s looking very much like he will keep taking us down.

I just hope we still have a Cat 1 academy after he and his cronies have gone out we will be talking about Mols as part of “the good old days”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Well, I have since he was 12 as I've mentioned many times, only to get the piss taken. 

Shits all over Bucko, Larry and the rest his age. Mowbray is a twat and hasn't got a clue.

Another shit show down brockhall.

He will come good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It's got a lot to do with a Burnley scout who has known him since he was young. This could be our Dolan moment.

• Like 2

Delighted that today’s U23’s game is available for free on the Rovers YouTube channel. Myself and a few others went to meet with representatives from the club to urge them to look into doing it as other clubs had been for a while.

They’ve bought new equipment, trialled it and its rolling out today in a quick turnaround.

Playing Southampton in the PL2 at 12:00 KO

On 05/03/2021 at 20:31, Sparks Rover said:

Well, I have since he was 12 as I've mentioned many times, only to get the piss taken. 

Shits all over Bucko, Larry and the rest his age. Mowbray is a twat and hasn't got a clue.

Another shit show down brockhall.

He will come good.

I mean he's 22. He's past being a prospect at this point. 

I saw him play once for the Academy and he didn't stand out at all. 

Good luck to him (except at Burnley), but he's clearly not good enough. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean he's 22. He's past being a prospect at this point. 

I saw him play once for the Academy and he didn't stand out at all. 

Good luck to him (except at Burnley), but he's clearly not good enough. 

I mean, you watching him once far out trumps my watching him for years...mate, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

There will be nobbers fans who were saying exact same thing about Dolan.  It's all about opinions.  Although if you only saw him once I'm not sure if your opinion is that valid.

Watching this game shows that we have some good youngsters coming through. The football is pleasant to watch, the team play fir each other and is full of running. Impressed with the left back Cirino and forward Burns. 

It’s on YouTube live now

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I mean, you watching him once far out trumps my watching him for years...mate, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

There will be nobbers fans who were saying exact same thing about Dolan.  It's all about opinions.  Although if you only saw him once I'm not sure if your opinion is that valid.

I saw him once when he was a 21 year old in the Academy - he should be bossing the game at that age.

You seem to think that everyone is wrong about him and he's a world beater. Good luck to you.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I saw him once when he was a 21 year old in the Academy - he should be bossing the game at that age.

You seem to think that everyone is wrong about him and he's a world beater. Good luck to you.

Not a world beater,  never said that. I said better than Bucko which wouldn't be on the same level as a world beater.  

You stick to putting players down after watching them for 1 game....👍

Burnley are interested apparently, why would that be? Do you think they watched him once? 🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover