On 02/03/2021 at 09:34, 47er said:

Mols having a trial at Burnley. I've just noticed this story. Have I missed something or is this new?

He played for their under 23's on Monday against West Brom. He was named on the official team sheet but down as 'trialist' on the PL website. A friend was at the game and said he played well. For him to be having a trial elsewhere we must have cancelled his contract and paid him up.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rovers in full control won 2-1. Liverpool manager says it was the worst performance of the season so we must have done something well Gave away a sloppy goal 10 min before the end. Keeper came flappin

Chaddy, it is impossible to defend the kick-off time for the Burnley game.  It's another kick in the teeth for supporters.  I can attend but friends who work can't attend.  If I had been working I wou

Excellent performance by the Under-21's last night at St. George's Park - and what an outstanding venue that is.   We really ought to have won by more than one and controlled the game for long pe

Posted Images

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

He played for their under 23's on Monday against West Brom. He was named on the official team sheet but down as 'trialist' on the PL website. A friend was at the game and said he played well. For him to be having a trial elsewhere we must have cancelled his contract and paid him up.

Not necessarily, and in fact we probably haven't. The LT article implied he is under contract as they said he is expected to leave in the summer. If we plan to release it makes sense to let them trial him, with the other kids who might have a future here doing well in the league.

Hopefully we can let him leave with a sell on, or just loan him out for the rest of the season to save a bit of wage. Pretty sure youth loans are allowed outside the full window - didn't Wright-Phillips join us that way?

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not necessarily, and in fact we probably haven't. The LT article implied he is under contract as they said he is expected to leave in the summer. If we plan to release it makes sense to let them trial him, with the other kids who might have a future here doing well in the league.

Hopefully we can let him leave with a sell on, or just loan him out for the rest of the season to save a bit of wage. Pretty sure youth loans are allowed outside the full window - didn't Wright-Phillips join us that way?

I didn't think you can play for another club whilst under contract, even as a trialist. We can't loan him out either as the window is closed. The only option I believe is terminating his deal.