BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Mols has been terrible. Pass success % must be at 20%. Slowing everything down. Can see why he's going in the summer.

In fairness, he won't be as match sharp as the others.

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Been playing recently for Burnley in games

Yeh what, a couple of games recently? But hasn't played for most of the season. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

LOL at Saadi leaving that Brighton player on his arse. 

Lovely play. He's looked much better at CB than he did at RB and CM last year. Like him.

Just watched the second half which, from the sounds of things, was an improvement on the first for Rovers. It was even in the second but, I think, this match confirms to me that Rovers are doing so well at this level, against Premier League outfits, with a lot of reliance on superior organisation and hard work rather than exceptional technical talents in the team.

McBride and Whitehall look the most comfortable and intelligent players for Rovers. McBride looks at ease playing No.9 or No.10, generally, holds the ball well and brings in teammates, and Whitehall seems a steady defensive midfielder with good passing ability. Burns played well up front and wide and players like Durrant, Nolan, Annesley (out of position at left back), Barnes and Saadi did a solid job.

Rovers lacked width, at times, with Mols struggling and the full backs not getting too far forward. I think Lenni Cirino not playing left back today was a big miss with his speed and wing play. 

Stergiakis' distribution and handling looked inconsistent but he made at least one good save in the second. Dan Pike is a prospect and physically seems stronger than others at the level but, I feel, he has a lot of improvement to make to his game. His distribution with his feet and throw ins was disappointing, in the second half. His relative lack of pace means that he needs to improve his positioning to compensate. I wonder if CB might be a better role for him.

Brighton had a lot of good players and seemed to match Rovers press and tough tackling. The Scottish CM Leonard looked very good, a decent left winger and their RB, No.2, Tanimowo looked a tremendous prospect with good speed and trickery. He rarely seemed to lose the ball. Their centre backs defended well and rarely made an error.

Edited by riverholmes

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This Greek GK doesn't command his box at all. 

Don't worry, when Stergiakis gets placed into the senior squad, a 31-year old goalkeeping coach that has never played senior professional football awaits to sort it out!

Annesley's been named in the Gibraltar squad for next week's internationals. Considering their first game is in five days I suppose he was jetting off as soon as the game was over. Good test for him though against the Netherlands feat. Memphis Depay, Montenegro feat. Stefan Jovetic and Norway feat. Erling Haaland and Martin Odegaard. He contains them, he should be starting for Blackburn.

Edited by inflikted

The curious case of Louie Annesley.

6ft 4”, playing CB for Rovers (and apparently sometimes LB) and then playing as a box to box midfielder for Gibraltar!

His age tells me he’ll never be a first team player at Rovers. I’d say he’s one of the most peculiar youth players we’ve had for a while!