BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

anything said above Season tickets, shirts or the plans for the summer?

Season review in days following last game. Didn’t really touch on much more on that front, was mainly a talk about the commercial side

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Steve Waggott confirms significant long term, 4/5-year contract has been tabled to one of our young U18 players. We're fighting to keep Top 6 clubs away from him. Don't know the name of the player in question, wouldn't confirm.

So, we have a brilliant U18 and you don't know who it is? Can't be that good eh?  Surely he would be sticking out like a sore thumb.

Waggot us pulling your todger lad 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we have a brilliant U18 and you don't know who it is? Can't be that good eh?  Surely he would be sticking out like a sore thumb.

I'm not calling the player brilliant, I don't even know who the offer has been tabled to, I'm simply relaying information.

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

But you know what I'm saying though....sounds implausible.  

I don’t really get your point. I haven’t seen a single U16’s or U18’s game so I wouldn’t be able to point out an amazing player and give my personal view on it. Just relaying what was said.

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don’t really get your point. I haven’t seen a single U16’s or U18’s game so I wouldn’t be able to point out an amazing player and give my personal view on it. Just relaying what was said.

Oh I see.  I thought you were a regular watcher.  Chaddy might know....🤔

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh I see.  I thought you were a regular watcher.  Chaddy might know....🤔

Well, in years gone by I'd managed to watch some 18's, but certainly not this year. 23's I've seen a lot of

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Well, in years gone by I'd managed to watch some 18's, but certainly not this year. 23's I've seen a lot of

The pandemic has stop fans attending games for the under 18's and 23's for the past 14 months which is Shame as I really enjoyed watching them. 

Really enjoyed the cup wins against Preston and Arsenal in February and March of 2020

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

based on what? 

I think Pike, Burns, Whitehall and McBride should be become 1st team regulars here

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

based on what? 

I think Pike, Burns, Whitehall and McBride should be become 1st team regulars here

Based on what I am watching. If any of them become first team regulars we really are in the shit. They may make it as far as desperate cover. I hope that I am wrong.

Edited by rigger

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Based on what I am watching

Granted I’ve only caught the last half hour but based on what I’ve seen they’d be a shoe-in for a Mowbray team.

Neat and tidy passing, composed and controlled passing it across the back in the final few minutes… while 2 goals down. 🙄

Edited by Stuart
Is it me or is predictive text getting worse - either that or my thumbs are getting fatter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Granted I’ve only caught the last half hour but based on what I’ve seen they’d be a shoe-in for a Mowbray team.

Neat and tidy passing, composed and controlled passing it across the back in the final few minutes… while 2 goals down. 🙄

I must admit when I said they would not make first team players. I did not take into account the Mowbray factor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I must admit when I said they would not make first team players. I did not take into account the Mowbray factor. 

To be fair, I refuse to believe that not one of the players from one of the best teams in the division is deserving of a first team bench spot in a dead rubber.

• Like 2

Downing was there in some sort of coaching capacity.

I wonder if he is still being paid as a player or picking up a wedge for being a pretend player and a (trainee?) coach.

It is Rovers after all and we like to take care of spent merchandise especially from Mowbrays love club.

What a shambles.

The game itself bored me rigid. I thought I'd died and gone to hell. Like looking at the worst of Rovers but being played by kids.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

To be fair, I refuse to believe that not one of the players from one of the best teams in the division is deserving of a first team bench spot in a dead rubber.

Who are the players from the development team you would play tomorrow ?