BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

21 hours ago, rigger said:

The problem with starting Pike is that it would mean dropping Nyambe, who is better, and who I would hope we are trying to persuade to stay. Would you replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns ?

We have 5 subs. What's the harm in bringing Pike on for 20 minutes a game?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We have 5 subs. What's the harm in bringing Pike on for 20 minutes a game?

That would be a good way to really piss Nyambe off. Can you imagine what it would feel like to know that it didn't matter how well you were playing, you were going to be taken off for a worse player. I wouldn't mind Pike coming off the bench to cover an injury, but not to use subs just because we can.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

That would be a good way to really piss Nyambe off. Can you imagine what it would feel like to know that it didn't matter how well you were playing, you were going to be taken off for a worse player

Where have you been for the last 3 years while he shared his position with Benno

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Watching in utter disbelief

Oh yeah, sorry. 

Surely all his mates and dad etc would have been in his ear for a while now. Watching the inept Bennett while sat on bench would piss me off when I'm streets ahead.  New challenge for the lad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh yeah, sorry. 

Surely all his mates and dad etc would have been in his ear for a while now. Watching the inept Bennett while sat on bench would piss me off when I'm streets ahead.  New challenge for the lad.

Yeah getting dropped is bad enough but getting dropped for somebody you know isn’t as good is a real pisser.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rigger said:

That would be a good way to really piss Nyambe off. Can you imagine what it would feel like to know that it didn't matter how well you were playing, you were going to be taken off for a worse player. I wouldn't mind Pike coming off the bench to cover an injury, but not to use subs just because we can.  

"Hi Ryan, as evidenced by the 30+ starts you've had at RB this season and the contract extension on the table we really value you as a football player and consider you our starter going into the 2021/22 season.

However, in these dead rubber end of season matches, we'd really like to see what we've got in this next batch of Academy graduates. If all things go to plan we're going to give Pike 20 mins in the next two matches. This does not reflect poorly on you whatsoever. I will be having this conversation with Bell / Brereton / Armstrong et al too. I'm sure you understand".

Man management, it's a wonderful thing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"Hi Ryan, as evidenced by the 30+ starts you've had at RB this season and the contract extension on the table we really value you as a football player and consider you our starter going into the 2021/22 season.

However, in these dead rubber end of season matches, we'd really like to see what we've got in this next batch of Academy graduates. If all things go to plan we're going to give Pike 20 mins in the next two matches. This does not reflect poorly on you whatsoever. I will be having this conversation with Bell / Brereton / Armstrong et al too. I'm sure you understand".

Man management, it's a wonderful thing.

If only.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobbers have just made 4 lads professional today...All local and all great lads.

So proud.!!! 👍

Probably wary of us poaching again. Sounds like that hunting ground is off limits this summer.

• Like 1

'Build again' - Rovers make decisions over Academy prospects | Lancashire Telegraph

Lenihan, Nyambe, Carter, Wharton, JRC, Travis, Butterworth and Buckley will probably all be prominent in our first team next season. Superb achievement by the Rovers lads. What an Academy!

And plenty more to come. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Build again' - Rovers make decisions over Academy prospects | Lancashire Telegraph

Lenihan, Nyambe, Carter, Wharton, JRC, Travis, Butterworth and Buckley will probably all be prominent in our first team next season. Superb achievement by the Rovers lads. What an Academy!

And plenty more to come. 

Douglas,Clayton,Newton,Pickering and England---that was a superb achievement.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

And plenty more to come. 

will probably all have to be prominent in our first team next season