BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes sense, there very much seems to be an order at the moment. Any player within the senior squad with a contract about to expire, we cant do anything. Players on the fringes with likely very little if any interest elsewhere, or with serious injuries, Buckley, Dolan, Wharton and even Dack, we can just about get them done, although at least 2 or 3 of them mentioned how long it took. Kids nowhere near the first team, 4 year deal easily sorted.

Rovers offered new terms top Nyambe, JRC and Rothwell last season but none of the players accept the terms. I have no idea what they terms were but they were offered new terms. Think Miller11 posted a while back that JRC won't sign a new contract cos of concerns over playing position. Not everything is down to money. 

We need to be signing our good quality players to long term contracts

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers offered new terms top Nyambe, JRC and Rothwell last season but none of the players accept the terms. I have no idea what they terms were but they were offered new terms. Think Miller11 posted a while back that JRC won't sign a new contract cos of concerns over playing position. Not everything is down to money. 

We need to be signing our good quality players to long term contracts

When the club cant agree contracts with any first team players (Armstrong aside, none would be huge losses individually perhaps but that makes it even more galling) aside from ones done after a lengthy negotiation period that have either not established themselves in the first team or have suffered serious injuries, it just shows where we are at at the moment. 

Rovers have snapped up former Wolves & Manchester United midfielder Harley O'Grady. Former captain of United's U13's despite playing a year up, the 16-year old becomes another player in a long line to have made the switch from Man Utd to Rovers.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

When the club cant agree contracts with any first team players (Armstrong aside, none would be huge losses individually perhaps but that makes it even more galling) aside from ones done after a lengthy negotiation period that have either not established themselves in the first team or have suffered serious injuries, it just shows where we are at at the moment. 

I disagree. 

I can see why Rothwell hasn't sign a new deal I would suggest it's more over his role in the team and position. Similar to what has been posted about JRC on here. 

But I would say now it's even more important we have to keep developing and bringing through our academy players 

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree. 

I can see why Rothwell hasn't sign a new deal I would suggest it's more over his role in the team and position. Similar to what has been posted about JRC on here. 

But I would say now it's even more important we have to keep developing and bringing through our academy players 

Rothwell played regularly all season in a central role so that makes no sense. And I have heard 2 different rumours on here about Rankin Costello, that he wants to play a different position and that he is still on a pitiful wage that we arent willing to noticeably increase.

Either way, its pretty depressing to see that 2 players we want to keep, we are unable to do so and ae struggling with contract negotiations. One is made of glass and has been ok when he has played. The other has talent but 9 times out of 10 doesnt turn up. Id like to keep both ideally but the fact that even players like this we cant sign up again is not a good sign.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell played regularly all season in a central role so that makes no sense. And I have heard 2 different rumours on here about Rankin Costello, that he wants to play a different position and that he is still on a pitiful wage that we arent willing to noticeably increase.

Either way, its pretty depressing to see that 2 players we want to keep, we are unable to do so and ae struggling with contract negotiations. One is made of glass and has been ok when he has played. The other has talent but 9 times out of 10 doesnt turn up. Id like to keep both ideally but the fact that even players like this we cant sign up again is not a good sign.

How many starts did Rothwell make last season? And as you say doesnt impact games enough. Will his talent ever develop into the player he should or would it take a different manager to make this happen?

On Rankin-Costello, the one I heard was he wants to play in a more attacking position and not as a full back. Now we Pike coming through Mowbray has no excuses now to use him wide right or left. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

But you want to build the midfield around Bucko instead.?  

You're confusing yourself with your argumentative ways.

You say this, but then you’re on at the lad with every post he makes yourself!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Louie Annesley, a.k.a. The Rock of Gibraltar, helped keep a clean sheet against the mighty Andorra tonight. Bravo Louie!

I'm still very annoyed at Julio Ribas for playing eight defenders against ANDORRA. Didn't even make a substitution until he was forced to in the last 15 minutes of the game. Then he brought on another defender.

1 hour ago, inflikted said:

I'm still very annoyed at Julio Ribas for playing eight defenders against ANDORRA. Didn't even make a substitution until he was forced to in the last 15 minutes of the game. Then he brought on another defender.

🤣🤣 so, you wouldn't recommend him as next Rovers boss then?

4 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve been told Bradley Orr will get the head of recruitment. They are waiting until the accounts are filed and the season tickets are on sale. He has a sports management company. He’s well thought of at Elwood and Pune.

It's not April 1st

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve been told Bradley Orr will get the head of recruitment. They are waiting until the accounts are filed and the season tickets are on sale. He has a sports management company. He’s well thought of at Elwood and Pune.

he could be looking for a new job

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ex-pro-footballer-said-covid-20719118

On 13/06/2021 at 14:24, JohnGo said:

As wind-ups go, not particularly funny mate. Yet in some ways if that slimy Scouse twat got rehired by the club it might prove to be some sort of catalyst for a revolution.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He’s another signing that I just never understood. Why are we signing people just to play in our under 23s?

Someone with potential given he is international player. 

Will be interesting if he loan out and how well he does there

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Someone with potential given he is international player. 

Will be interesting if he loan out and how well he does there

Ask Crewe if they want him on loan. They have a decent reputation at the moment for playing younger players, their manager used to be a defender, AND their manager is Gibraltarian too.

• Like 2