BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He’s another signing that I just never understood. Why are we signing people just to play in our under 23s?

He was 17 when we signed him I think? Maybe 18. That's a fair age to take a punt on someone's potential. The weird ones were White and Lyons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Magloire, Vale & Carter all pictured with the 1st in training, rather than with the 23's

I don't read anything into that. At this early stage of pre-season the first team squad and u23s will all train together. It will be fitness work only for the first couple of weeks so little point in splitting them up.

Mowbray will also do his usual trick of using a number of the u23s in pre-season games against lower league opposition and then not use them when the season comes around.

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't read anything into that. At this early stage of pre-season the first team squad and u23s will all train together. It will be fitness work only for the first couple of weeks so little point in splitting them up.

23's are training at the JTC, the only youngsters with the senior team are those three based off of training pictures.

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Magloire, Vale & Carter all pictured with the 1st in training, rather than with the 23's

Good to see. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We have lost half of our squad to be fair.

And most of them wont be missed. 

Bringing through more of our academy players is the way to go. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That means we are going to need at least 4-5 signings on top of that 

I think we could make do with 2 new signings, a left fullback and a left winger. In fact with Chapman as left wing cover, I think that we can make do with just another left back. 

Edited by rigger

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think we could make do with 2 new signings, a left fullback and a left winger. In fact with Chapman as left wing cover, I think that we can make do with just another left back. 

We definitely need a left back. I think we have Dolan and Chapman who can cover for Brereton there. 

I think we need a CB, a striker and a CM. We have a lot of injury prone players at CB and CM and we could walk into a crisis very easily. There are quality issues with CM as well. I don't think what we have now is good enough to get us near the top 6. Then a striker obviously if AA goes, but even if not we need one seen as Mowbray won't play Gallagher there. Actually we need someone to play on the right of the front 3 while we are at it. 

I'm concerned about this season. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If we went into the season with the current squad including another left back, and if Armstrong leaves, a replacement, where do you think we would finish? Under Mowbray of course.

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We definitely need a left back. I think we have Dolan and Chapman who can cover for Brereton there. 

I think we need a CB, a striker and a CM. We have a lot of injury prone players at CB and CM and we could walk into a crisis very easily. There are quality issues with CM as well. I don't think what we have now is good enough to get us near the top 6. Then a striker obviously if AA goes, but even if not we need one seen as Mowbray won't play Gallagher there. Actually we need someone to play on the right of the front 3 while we are at it. 

I'm concerned about this season. 

personally I would play 4-4-2 my line up and back-ups would be :-

Kaminsky

Nyambi                                        Ayala                                            Lenihan                                         Pickering

JRC                                                   Travis                                          Rothwell                                   Armstrong

Gallagher                          Brererton

Rightback cover - Pike.      Leftback cover - New signing. Centreback cover - Wharton, Carter, Magloire.

Rightwing cover - Dolan.    Leftwing cover - Chapman. Centre midfield cover - Johnson, Davenport, Buckley.

Forward cover - McBride. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If we went into the season with the current squad including another left back, and if Armstrong leaves, a replacement, where do you think we would finish? Under Mowbray of course.

round about tenth. With a more dynamic manager maybe play-offs

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How many academy/ under 23 players do you predict will debut next season? 

at least 3 players in right back Dan Pike, Conor McBride and Hayden Carter all should be part of the squad this coming season. 

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Depends how we set up and who the replacement is for Armstrong. Plus I think Squad has talent within it as well as experience. Just need a few signings like back up left back, centre back, centre midfielder and winger plus a replacement for Armstrong if he goes. 

Where do you think we will finish then?

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

personally I would play 4-4-2 my line up and back-ups would be :-

Kaminsky

Nyambi                                        Ayala                                            Lenihan                                         Pickering

JRC                                                   Travis                                          Rothwell                                   Armstrong

Gallagher                          Brererton

Rightback cover - Pike.      Leftback cover - New signing. Centreback cover - Wharton, Carter, Magloire.

Rightwing cover - Dolan.    Leftwing cover - Chapman. Centre midfield cover - Johnson, Davenport, Buckley.

Forward cover - McBride. 

Worrying when you look at those squads and back up options. Weaker than last season 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

at least 3 players in right back Dan Pike, Conor McBride and Hayden Carter all should be part of the squad this coming season. 

Depends how we set up and who the replacement is for Armstrong. Plus I think Squad has talent within it as well as experience. Just need a few signings like back up left back, centre back, centre midfielder and winger plus a replacement for Armstrong if he goes. 

Where do you think we will finish then?

You would have to say top half would be a success, right? I mean there is nothing to suggest anything better ,is there? 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You would have to say top half would be a success, right? I mean there is nothing to suggest anything better ,is there? 

I think Mowbray and Rovers have to be looking to get into the playoffs this season. Mowbray has to find a way to play and to the squad strengths this season. Of Course we would all like a new manager in place and for him to be putting his own stamp on the squad and making his own signings. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Worrying when you look at those squads and back up options. Weaker than last season 

We got rid of the deadwood of the squad like Bennett, Downing, Mulgrew, Evans and Bell surely thats the right decision?